Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get to know Dt.Org's staff #2-Shannon-4/28/2013-5/4/2013

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Get to know Dt.Org's staff #2-Shannon-4/28/2013-5/4/2013

Up next is Shannon. This is your chance to ask questions of Shannon. Almost any (tasteful) question will be honestly answered.
    This thread will open on 4/28/2013 and close on 5/5/2013.

A brief bio on Shannon:

Shannon John liked to sell things. If he could buy something for a dollar and sell it for two, it was a good day. It didn’t matter much what he was selling, whether it was movies, books, CDs, furniture, electronics, artwork, collectibles; if he thought he could buy it low and sell it high, he was going to try. Shannon was very skilled at quite a few things, but most importantly, he was resourceful, he was efficient, and he was a people person. It wasn’t just about the one time sale, it was about making connections. The best way to sell something, is for the customer to come to you.
    Well, one day while searching the local Craigslist for collectibles to purchase, he came across an ad for a “Rare Stephen King Item”. Rare Stephen King Item? What’s so rare about a book? Little did he know that that ad would literally change his life. Shannon met with a Stephen King collector by the name of Sharon Milligan. Sharon ran a bookstore in Las Vegas called The Book Magician, and while Shannon had always been an avid reader, he didn’t know diddly squat about limited editions or rare book items. Sharon brought out a cardboard box filled to the lid with paper in four or five neat stacks. She had said “I don’t remember where I bought this, but it’s taking up space and I want to sell it.” Shannon wrote down some information about the “Rare Stephen King Item” and told her that he was going to do some research on the item and that he’d get back to her with an offer. When he went home that night, he plugged away at the Internet for clues to finding out just what the item was, how much it could be worth, and who he could possibly sell it to if he were to buy it.
    Searching for information about the “Rare Stephen King Item” led Shannon to TheDarkTower.org, a community of Stephen King fans and collectors. After asking some questions and becoming familiar with the different types of collectible items to be found within Stephen King collecting, Shannon found himself hooked. He went back to Sharon and purchased the item --now known in the collecting world as the “Skeleton Crew Treasure Chest,” a pre-publication set of proofs used for editing purposes on the Scream/Press limited edition of Skeleton Crew-- and there started a journey that would have many highs and lows, for the life of a King collector can be both exhilarating and disappointing, often on the same day.
    Ingraining himself in the King collecting world, Shannon found himself very close with a lot of the members of TheDarkTower.org, eventually joining the staff as the facilitator of the Short Works and Comic Book sections of the website.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thread is open ask away.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

same question i asked Ari. When I win the lottery, what two SK books do you want me to buy you? ONe under $300 one over $300! Thanks and I am going to buy another ticket today!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

You have about 10 signed items in your collection. I love signed books by SK. What is your opinion on collecting SK flatsigned books, collecting inscribed books and are they important collecting goals for your collection?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    same question i asked Ari. When I win the lottery, what two SK books do you want me to buy you? ONe under $300 one over $300! Thanks and I am going to buy another ticket today!
    Hmmm ... let's see ... Under $300, I'd love the Zsolnay Blutbox. See here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post695980

And over $300, I'd like a Lettered Firestarter. Thanks! lol

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    You have about 10 signed items in your collection. I love signed books by SK. What is your opinion on collecting SK flatsigned books, collecting inscribed books and are they important collecting goals for your collection?
    I break my collection down by subsections.
    • US First Editions
    • UK First Editions
    • Signed Limited (Numbered)
    • Proofs & ARCs
    • Short Story First Appearances
    • Reprints
    • Video
    • Audio
    • Promo Items
    • etc etc etc

My final collection would have all of those, plus a separate subcollection of first editions, flatsigned, and then a separate subcollection of first editions, inscribed. Not to me, just to people. The longer the inscription the better. Just like all my Gift editions, I'd want a subcollection of from-the-factory editions, and a subcollection of remarqued Gift editions. I pretty much want every version of every thing.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Would you ever sell an SK item from your collection to fund a night on the town in Vegas?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Would you ever sell an SK item from your collection to fund a night on the town in Vegas?
    I sell things for various reasons but I don't think I've ever sold something just to go have a crazy night. If Amber and I can't afford to go out, we stay in. Going out with the baby, although she is WONDERFUL (quiet in the movie theatres, restaurants, etc etc), isn't too fun. Can't gamble with a baby on your lap, lol.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1) What SK story is your favorite and why?

2) If there were a fire in your home (and your family was already out safely) which one item, SK related or not, would you risk your safety to save?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you tell us which is your maximum objective regarding Ambannon Books? What would you like to achieve?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    1) What SK story is your favorite and why?

2) If there were a fire in your home (and your family was already out safely) which one item, SK related or not, would you risk your safety to save?
    1) "The Last Rung On The Ladder," without a doubt one of my favorite things ever written. So simple, yet so powerful.

2) Hmmm ... Family is safe ... what do I risk my safety to save? If the fire is bad enough that I think it MIGHT kill me if I go back in, nothing. I'd rather be alive for my family's sake. If I think I can get in and out without being damaged too bad, my laptop. It has all of my Stephen King lists and information, all my Ambannon Books files, etc etc. It would take forever to compile this sort of information again. I have backups, but still, you said one thing.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Can you tell us which is your maximum objective regarding Ambannon Books? What would you like to achieve?
    World Domination!

... ok, maybe not, lol. I would like to have Ambannon Books bring in enough money so that I could make it my full-time job. But ... butbutbut, I was crunching some numbers, and it's damn near impossible. Even with a huge author like Stephen King, if we somehow had a signed limited contract for one of his titles ... using CD's numbers ... 52 Lettered Editions ($2,500), 750 Numbered Editions ($450), 1,750 Gift Editions ($95). Let's say they all sell out. That comes out to (calculatorcalculator) ... $633,750.

That sounds like quite a lot for us normal people, but in reality ... King has to sign over 800 signatures, but he has to give his permission, and that means he takes a BIG cut. How much? No idea. Then, you have production and the materials needed for the books, and with how NICE CD's productions are, I would imagine it's quite a lot. Then you have to pay your staff enough to live on, then you have to pay for rent on your office space, electric, and so on and so on. Don't forget about marketing, ads, website, etc etc So ... take all of that out of $633,750 ... and I would think you're not left with much. And since King jumps around from publisher to publisher, spreading the wealth with limited editions, this will likely be your highest selling title for three or four years. So ... I can't imagine living off the money made from Ambannon Books, even if we get HUGE like CD.

So, with that pipe dream out of the way, I simply want to be a competitor. I want to produce the best books out there with the best people out there. Huge, big named authors and artists. Talented, unknown authors and artists. I want them all. I want a great customer base. Centipede Press makes some beautiful productions, but most of the authors and artists they use are people I've never heard of. Yet they SELL. That would be nice.

I'd like to make a million dollars.

I'd like to turn some of our unknown authors and artists into names. Or at least, get them started.

We have over 100+ reviewers for In Mint Condition: 2013. Cemetery Dance magazine, Fangoria magazine, FEARnet.com, newspapers, blogs, magazines, websites, radio stations. People will hear about our book. And then it starts.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you ever hitchhiked? If yes elaborate.
    Have you ever picked up a hitchhiker? If yes elaborate.
    What is your favorite Stephen King film, and why?
    What SK novel (that you have read), is your least favorite, and why?
    Boxers, briefs, or commando?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Have you ever hitchhiked? If yes elaborate.
    Have you ever picked up a hitchhiker? If yes elaborate.
    What is your favorite Stephen King film, and why?
    What SK novel (that you have read), is your least favorite, and why?
    Boxers, briefs, or commando?
    - lol, I've never hitchhiked, never needed to.
    - I don't pick up "hitchhikers," per se, but if I see someone walking, I always try to offer a ride. Especially on base. If I see a young airman walking somewhere, I feel bad, because most of the time it's a long distance between work and the dorms.
    - Favorite film, Shawshank Redemption. Even though I'm not a big Tim Robbins fan, I loved the movie, excellent excellent stuff. Escape! Freedom!
    - Hmmm ...Blockade Billy was pretty not good. Written well, of course, but it is all a lead-up to this big revelation, and ... and ... AND!!!!! it falls flat at the end.
    - Commando when in uniform (I need room to breathe!), cloth boxers the rest of the time. At home, I normally walk around in my underwear.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Picture of you at Senior Prom, and or Senior Portrait.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1. What's your least favorite Stephen King S/L or gift edition? What would you have done differently with that edition?
    2. Celebrity crushes; 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010+
    3. What made you select the Air Force over one of the other branches of the military?
    4. What other authors do you collect?
    5. Favorite foreign cover art for a King book currently in your collection?
    6. What's your favorite piece of your collection?
    7. Did Ari PM you the answer to the first question that you asked him?
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Intro video and senior prom/younger picture coming tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    1. What's your least favorite Stephen King S/L or gift edition? What would you have done differently with that edition?
    2. Celebrity crushes; 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010+
    3. What made you select the Air Force over one of the other branches of the military?
    4. What other authors do you collect?
    5. Favorite foreign cover art for a King book currently in your collection?
    6. What's your favorite piece of your collection?
    7. Did Ari PM you the answer to the first question that you asked him?
    - Least favorite King S/L or Gift edition. Time to check the catalog! Ha! Found it. That was easy. My Pretty Pony. Fucking garbage. What would I have done differently? Not done it at all. Ugly story, ugly production, both the "trade" and the S/L editions. Greed, on every level.

- Celebrity crushes ... Hmmm, I don't remember specific crushes. I do remember one crush I had though. I had just seen a DVD of Cirque Du Soleil's Alegria, and I absolutely fell in love with this one girl that does an act with hula hoops/rings. This is the act:

Elena Lev. Anyway, so one day I stalked her online, found her email address, sent out a "Hey, just saw your act in Alegria, absolutely wonderful, I think I'm in love, bye!" message. A week or so later, I got a response back. And that started a conversation that lasted for a while, until she ended up on tour with another Cirque show, one which was coming through North Carolina. She called me (by that time we has each others' numbers but didn't really talk much) and let me know she was coming to town and that we should hang out. Of course, I said yes. And we "hung out" in her hotel room. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but there was no flexible specialties, nothing out of the ordinary, and out of the makeup and green costume, she was just a normal girl. A pretty girl, yes, but normal. That is my one pseudo-celebrity bang story.

- In high school I was in Air Force Junior ROTC, pretty much a "young military" class. The group of people were great, we went camping, took overnight trips to battleships, etc etc, it was great. So anyway, after high school, I had just gotten off a long shift at work, I was sitting at home watching TV around 2am, and a commercial for the Air Force came on. The next day, I enlisted. I was making great money managing restaurants, but it had gotten stale. So, I did the next thing.

- I collect Stephen King and graphic novels. My first "favorite author" was Anne Rice. Her Vampire Chronicles are amazing, for anyone out there that hasn't read them. Lestat FTW!

- Favorite King foreign cover art ... The 'Salem's Lot cover ... hmmm, let's see if I can find a pic.

Yeah, that's it. It's so fucking ridiculous and pretty much sums up King's foreign editions, lol.

- Favorite item in my collection ... I have a few, including one that I will reveal in my intro video tomorrow, but I'll have to go with my Knowing Darkness S/L. It's the centerpiece of my collection, and it's one beautiful book.

- No, Ari never did answer my first question. Bastard! lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's your Daddy? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*sigh* ... you are.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Thank you for clarifying the underwear situation.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you slept with your TMSG?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

If you could have lunch with anyone living or dead, who would it be (not including Stephen King)?
    Favorite movie?
    What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?
    What is the most romantic thing anyone has done for you?
    Favorite T-Shirt?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So when you are "in uniform" sans briefs you are violating UCMJ! I'll never tell!

Do you have a favorate actor? (living or dead)

Favorate TV Show? (new or old)

Favorate Band? (new or old, living or dead) :-)

How many children do you want?

You can sit down and have dinner with anyone in the world, past or present, except Stephen King? Who would it be?

Do you golf (stupid random question)?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ever et Raw Meat?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Describe the last fist fight you were in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast