Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower: So Fell Lord Perth

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: So Fell Lord Perth

ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID (W)
    RICHARD ISANOVE (A/C)
    MARVEL CONCLUDES ITS EPIC DARK TOWER SAGA WITH THIS ALL-NEW ONE-SHOT!
    • How does the Gunslinger’s quest echo the legendary battle between a young Arthur Eld and a towering Lord Perth? Find out here!
    • A must-read for DARK TOWER completists!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory...$3.99

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Any date?

John

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MARVEL CONCLUDES ITS EPIC DARK TOWER SAGA
    Haven't heard that one before.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's it? I guess the last hardcover will collect Sheemie's Tale, Evil Ground, and this.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds cool, theoretically. I hope it's better than the first issue of Evil Ground, which was ... not very good.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice art.... but I'm not keen on the fact they seem to be heavily borrowing from a certain Biblical story...

And I'm sure Lord Perth and Arthur lived in different time periods, although there is nowhere that is actually stated. Just a feeling, ye ken.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Nice art.... but I'm not keen on the fact they seem to be heavily borrowing from a certain Biblical story...

And I'm sure Lord Perth and Arthur lived in different time periods, although there is nowhere that is actually stated. Just a feeling, ye ken.
    Jake mentions in The Waste Lands that the story sounds like the story of David and Goliath; that comes straight from King, and is not an invention of the comics.

Arthur Eld being involved in it, though, does seem to be a new wrinkle; in the novel, it's only mentioned that Lord Perth was felled by a little boy.

Traveler Mr_SATAN is on a distinguished road

Hi people !
    Did I understand well ? Is it the conclusion of Marvel's saga?
    There won't be "The drawing of the three" adaptation ?

(I'm french an not entirely sure of my translation skills )

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to this, it's the end of the adaptation. For now, at least.

Traveler Mr_SATAN is on a distinguished road

Sad
    I was so delighted at the idea of ready The Dark Tower monthly for the next 10 years

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

After what seems like maybe 7 years of the comics I'm glad that its ending and kind of sad that they more then likely are done and won't be showing the doors. Drawing of the three is one of my favorite books.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

I wonder if this set of 30 issues has done well enough that Marvel will do a second omnibus.

And, if so, I wonder if they will put Sheemie's Tale, Evil Ground, and Lord Perth in a more chronological placement between other books or just stick them at the end.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has this been delayed or what. I can't find it and was wondering when it is coming out. I at the top is said sometime in July.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post

ROBIN FURTH & PETER DAVID (W)
    RICHARD ISANOVE (A/C)
    MARVEL CONCLUDES ITS EPIC DARK TOWER SAGA WITH THIS ALL-NEW ONE-SHOT!
    • How does the Gunslinger’s quest echo the legendary battle between a young Arthur Eld and a towering Lord Perth? Find out here!
    • A must-read for DARK TOWER completists!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory...$3.99
    An inspired illustration, but just a little too "David & Goliath" for my taste. Mr. King? please come back to these or suspend them!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Merlin, see post #8 above for why that is.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

I think was on marvels site that its coming out in August now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Merlin, see post #8 above for why that is.
    I know, but my statement stands. Just didn't care for the analogy I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

So I got an email from my local comic store and they show that this is scheduled to come out tomorrow. So unless they have something at the back of the comic teasing another comic it looks like tomorrow will be the last comic in the Dark Tower run.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of both happy and sad that this will be the end. I'm glad this is the end because for some stupid reason comixology stopped carrying the comics half way through a story arc but then started carrying the last arc. But at the same time I'm sad it's ending because I liked seeing the story made into a comic. Drawing of the three was my favorite book and would of loved to see that made into a comic.

Country
    Country Flag

I would have loved it in theory for it to continue, but I find myself being kind of glad that it's stopping. Marvel put a few of the arcs in The Gunslinger out with art that I thought was fairly awful. (I'm thinking specifically of Alex Maleev's stuff; which is weird, because he's a highly-respected comics artist, not that you'd know it from his Dark Tower issues.) I'd hate to see that happen to [I]The Drawing of the Three[I].

Country
    Country Flag

WTF?! My local store had a huge issue with there deliveries and a bunch of comics were ruined. So now I have to wait a week or two until they get a new shipment.

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine today, and just finished reading it. I didn't like it much at all, personally.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    I would have loved it in theory for it to continue, but I find myself being kind of glad that it's stopping.
    Agreed. I'd have preferred an adaptation of the original material, not new material written by someone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast