Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Buying things specifically to sell for a profit.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Anybody stop to consider that the Buyer that purchased the 4 S/L IT's from David did so simply to add them to their collection?

It's not uncommon for most of us to have 2+ copies of the same book or Signed/Limited in our respective collections.

Just sayin'...
    See, now that is worse than a flipper....because that makes you a hoarder!

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I admit to being a hoarder. I am NOT going to recovery. I will REFUSE all interventions. I will continue to be a hoarder.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I admit to being a hoarder. I am NOT going to recovery. I will REFUSE all interventions. I will continue to be a hoarder.
    Embrace it, David! Embrace it!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Los Angeles Times did an article about "Tsundoku". I bought 100 copies of the edition...

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, my name is Travelin'Jack and I am a hoarder.

I'm with the gang here, embrace it. I don't usually sell books (some from time to time) and also like to have multiple copies. Probably some level of OCD or other disorder involved.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an older pic too, I've got three CD Shining's in there now. Here is the issue, I'm out of desk space and shelf space. Do I double stack? Too risky, I know.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    That's an older pic too, I've got three CD Shining's in there now. Here is the issue, I'm out of desk space and shelf space. Do I double stack? Too risky, I know.
    You could sell me one of those From A Buick 8's That'll help free up some space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I imposed a one copy rule in the 80s and have stuck to it...mostly. Although i make exceptions for multiple states - of course!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I imposed a one copy rule in the 80s and have stuck to it...mostly. Although i make exceptions for multiple states - of course!
    I need to latch onto the one copy rule.

WTB:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I never quite understood the reasons behind multiple copies of the same editions. Different states/editions I totally understand. I'm open to schooling.....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    You could sell me one of those From A Buick 8's That'll help free up some space.

but what about the equilibrium to my drawing of three gift editions. See, I've got a problem.

WTB:

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

I see the predicament that could cause. Don't want to mess with the flow.

Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I have to say I never quite understood the reasons behind multiple copies of the same editions. Different states/editions I totally understand. I'm open to schooling.....
    No real reason behind it. Unnecessary over collecting. Makes more sense for flippers and re-sellers. How it started for me is, I bought an extra copy for my sister. She get's a surprise King gift edition each year for her birthday. Then I ended up buying two extra in case I gifted another. Then somehow, no explaination to the madness, but 3 copies of King GEs became the baseline. Yeah, I hear you... coo coo.

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    I see the predicament that could cause. Don't want to mess with the flow.

I actually do think I have a fourth copy of FAB8. Sent PM.

WTB:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

No real reason behind it. Unnecessary over collecting. Makes more sense for flippers and re-sellers. How it started for me is, I bought an extra copy for my sister. She get's a surprise King gift edition each year for her birthday. Then I ended up buying two extra in case I gifted another. Then somehow, no explaination to the madness, but 3 copies of King GEs became the baseline. Yeah, I hear you... coo coo.

I gotcha. I always was thinking of other "upgrades" or missing editions, but now that my collection is more or less complete (according to MY rules) I now search for the pertinent upgrades to my current editions. But, I take your point.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I've told myself that outside of CDs King GEs, it's just one copy. Can get out of control fast.

WTB:

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    peas in a pod!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Reduce everything to 2 copies? What about when Sleeping Beauties comes out?

Selfishly, I also need a copy of Buick 8 if you are reducing
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, what image should we use for a "flipper"?

Or,

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't care, you can use either for me. Yes, I'm a flipper. I buy things for the purpose to sell to get things I want for my collection.

What's your point with the question?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've also grabbed things and have turned around and let a member here have it for what I paid. What do you want to call me for doing that?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I've also grabbed things and have turned around and let a member here have it for what I paid. What do you want to call me for doing that?

Mulleins
    Nice guy? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nobody called anyone a name. I resurrected the thread and discussion with what I thought would be funny/disturbing images.

I think that people who come here and solicit a book(s) for a "friend", or to "complete" their collection, then shortly thereafter sell the book(s) for a significant profit take advantage of our community and the desire to be helpful (reduced pricing) among their fellow members.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    I posted a SDCC auction for a Charlie The Choo Choo today. I could have easily bought it for the $149 BIN, but hoped a member here got it.
    What does that make me (probably a dummy)?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Nobody called anyone a name. I resurrected the thread and discussion with what I thought would be funny/disturbing images.

I think that people who come here and solicit a book(s) for a "friend", or to "complete" their collection, then shortly thereafter sell the book(s) for a significant profit take advantage of our community and the desire to be helpful (reduced pricing) among their fellow members.
    I hear that!!!! Someone here comes to mind, but for the life of me I can't remember his/her name................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast