Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Straub, author

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I have Lost boy lost girl ARC for sale. PM me if interested
    Is it the ARC for the trade edition or the limited edition? I may be interested.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I have Lost boy lost girl ARC for sale. PM me if interested
    Is it the ARC for the trade edition or the limited edition? I may be interested.
    PMd you

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Peter Straub on Facebook
    Here is Michael Fusco-Straub's stunning new jacket for my earlier fragment-of-a-novel, PERDIDO, to be published later this year by Subterranean. It's a real fragment, the beginning of an unfinished novel
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perdido: A Fragment (preorder) - SP

Trade Edition $20.00
    Limited Edition $45.00

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone in the market for a matching number Straub set? $125 for both and includes Shipping (will ship out of US but need some $ help with it)

Any smudges or marks you see from my poor photo taking skills are on the Brodart covers. The camera makes them seem worse than they are. Both books kept in Brodart and plastic since day one.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I answered this in a PM but thought I should say it here as well. The above Peter Straub set is the Borderlands Press limited set and not the trade release.

$125 OBO

Hope this helps

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Straub has a collection coming out - 500 pages!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0385541058

I could get an ARC thru my Amazon advance reviewer program...I haven't read Straub in years so I'm on the fence....anybody hear any buzz?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have an electronic galley -- it's a "best of" collection, with selections from his previous collections along with some newer stories that have never been collected.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I have an electronic galley -- it's a "best of" collection, with selections from his previous collections along with some newer stories that have never been collected.
    What did you think? As a fan of "Floating Dragon"-era Straub, do you think I'd like it? I'm not sure I've read many (any?) of his short stories.

I'd have to review it, so I'd like to go in with a positive impression...haha...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    What did you think? As a fan of "Floating Dragon"-era Straub, do you think I'd like it? I'm not sure I've read many (any?) of his short stories.

I'd have to review it, so I'd like to go in with a positive impression...haha...
    Straub's stories have always been something of a different beast from his novels. Especially the more recent ones. I'm not always sure I "get" them.

Hmmm...might pass on it. Not a ringing endorsement - haha.

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello there. A few from my Straub collection.
    Lincoln.

'The Throat', signed/ltd from Borderlands Press

'Ghost Story', signed/ltd from Hill House

'Ghost Story', 1st UK hardcover. Love this wrap around d/jacket - the artist has clearly read the book.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Lincoln! Thanks for sharing.
    Wouldn't mind seeing more...

sk

Country
    Country Flag

'If You Could See Me Now' - 1st UK hardcover, next to the Centipede Press signed/ltd

'Koko' - 1st US hardcover, next to CP signed/ltd

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, that was fast!!!! Keep 'em coming!!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about the average photo's Those weird shadows in the first few groups of pics are a fault with my (phone) camera.
    Lincoln.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is nice to see another Straub collector on board. Since you are in Australia perhaps you can answer a question that has been bugging me for a while regarding the UK (Collins) Shadow Land. Have you ever seen a copy with a price on the dust jacket? I have only seen unpriced ones or copies with a price sticker added to the inner flap.

Also, all of my copies state "Collins, St. James's Place, London, 1981" on the title page. And then state "First published in the UK 1980" on the copyright page. I've always worried that I have later printings or book club editions but I have never seen a copy that differs from mine.

Country
    Country Flag

Weird thing with Straub down here - I've never seen a Collins 'Shadowland' or Jonathan Cape 'Ghost Story' hard cover, but the US Coward McCann hardcovers turn up quite regulary, in second hand bookstores. As far as I know, both US and UK were released in 1980. The Cape 'Ghost Story' above doesn't have a price on the jacket, either.
    From what I'm lead to believe, no price on the jacket indicates an 'export' edition, where a price sticker is put on in the receiving country. It seems to vary as to whether a 'non export' dust jacket is also produced. I have a number of books by James Herbert and Ramsey Campbell that have no-price dust jackets. These books also happen to be some of the hardest to find in hardcover, so I think that only the no-price jackets were printed. These books, including the Cape 'Ghost Story' aren't book club editions.
    I also have a Collins 'Floating Dragon' - will check the jacket for pricing, asap.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    'Ghost Story', signed/ltd from Hill House
    I liked that dust jacket on the Hill House edition of Ghost Story that I bought the original painting from Steve Gervais.

I have long admired Steve's work and talent. Some of his work is better than others, but I think his work on Ghost Story is truly inspired. The interior illustrations are just as good as the dust jacket art, IMO.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

love that painting Bob; thanks for sharing. I don't know where you found your framer, but never let them go - you always seem to have the perfect frame to complement your art.

I just dabble in Straub and I don't have the UK Collins SHADOW LAND , but I do have the Collins FLOATING DRAGON which I am pretty confident is not a book club as it has a publisher's advance review copy sticker, and there is no price on the DJ. hope that makes you feel a little better about it.

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I just dabble in Straub and I don't have the UK Collins SHADOW LAND , but I do have the Collins FLOATING DRAGON which I am pretty confident is not a book club as it has a publisher's advance review copy sticker, and there is no price on the DJ. hope that makes you feel a little better about it.
    Thank you. My Collins editions of Floating Dragon are also unpriced but one has a small Collins price sticker added to the inner flap so I guess it was their practice at the time to have unpriced dj's. I suppose what puzzles me the most is the 1981 date on the title page of Shadow Land and reference to "first published in the UK in 1980" on the copyright page. Who, then, published the book in 1980, if anyone?

love that painting Bob; thanks for sharing. I don't know where you found your framer, but never let them go - you always seem to have the perfect frame to complement your art.
    Thank you. They are really good (but expensive). In 1997 I bought a collection of items that once belonged to William Thompson. Included in this collection, almost as an afterthought, was the suit coat that Stephen King wore for his author photo for the Carrie dust jacket. I had no idea what to do with it but I happened to go to this frame shop first and they had several examples of framed displays of antique clothing on the wall. I knew immediately that I was in the right place. The owner (a fairly well-known local artist himself) started showing me all sorts of possibilities and we ended up with something I really liked. Since then I have only used them for all my framing and matting. I have probably had them frame 50 or more original pieces of work, mostly related to King. Some of the workers are turned off by some of the art and one said she could not work on something I brought in because it made her uncomfortable. I think it was one of the Gervais drawings from Christine but it may have been the alien dissection painting by Wrightson for From A Buick 8. Anyway, I have known them all for years and we have a great working relationship. In 2009 the owner completely closed the shop for two days and assigned one of his workers to work with Jerad Walters and me unframing and reframing many, many pieces of mine so that Jerad could scan them for the Knowing Darkness art book.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Bob! Very interesting!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you have, and framed his jacket?!?
    hahaha. i dont collect memorabilia, but thats the coolest thing ever. you've gotta post a picture.
    you truly never cease to amaze. i hope im lucky enough to meet you in person some day; i could listen to your stories all day long.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

you have, and framed his jacket?!?
    Wrong thread for this but what the heck. When I got the jacket (wrapped in a paper sack) it was pretty dirty. Coffee stains and smelling of smoke. The label said "machine washable" so that is what I did.....hoping for the best. It came out pretty good. Peter Schneider had gotten Bill Thompson to write a letter of provenance and I had it framed too.....sort of a frame within a frame. The book is not a first edition but included in the frame to show the author photo. I think it came out real well. I used to have it hanging with my collection but now it is in a closet having been replaced by artwork I like better.

The hankie in the jacket is not original. The author photo showed one so I found one that was dark and looked like the picture and stuck it in the pocket before we framed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast