Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Straub, author

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    They do; they typically arrive each Sunday morning. I don't know where on the site to look for the sign up, but I imagine it must be there somewhere. You could always send Jerad an email with a request.
    That's how I got signed up!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've just noticed that Peter 's twitter profile picture is the follow.
    Any idea of what it means?

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd imagine "XLLLNT" may mean "excellent."

For the rest, I think he used some kind of typo/misspelling code thing (not really a code, more a way of writing) in either Lost Boy Lost Girl or In The Night Room that may instruct how to figure this out.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Julia - The Centipede Press Signed / Limited edition and the US 1st edition. This CP edition is absolutely stunning, and another exemplar of their leadership in small-press publishing.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That cover is cool, but unsettling

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    She's on the back too - from behind.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

A gorgeous volume. Congratulations!

(And I do love me some Straub).

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Thanks, everyone. The artwork would have to be in the top 5 of my collection. It's incredible. And yes, here she is, on the rear cover, from behind. (Do you have this edition too, Becca?)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Thanks, everyone. The artwork would have to be in the top 5 of my collection. It's incredible. And yes, here she is, on the rear cover, from behind. (Do you have this edition too, Becca?)

Yes, it was so lovely I had to buy one and then I got the the first Straub limited. Now I guess I need to find a copy of Koko.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

The complete short fiction Vol. 1 Short Stories and Vol. 2. Novellas published by Borderlands Press is still available for pre-order. The numbered is $120 and the lettered (which is still available as well) is $500. I also should note that payment isn't required until book is ready to ship.

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...imited-edition

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...ttered-edition
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wish there were more details, but it seems like a decent set.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, details are pretty scant right now. I couldn't find anything on how it's being made or if there's any art.

They say it's two volumes, but I'm still not sure if it's all one book or separated into two.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Yeah, details are pretty scant right now. I couldn't find anything on how it's being made or if there's any art.

They say it's two volumes, but I'm still not sure if it's all one book or separated into two.
    It's two books. I ordered through CD back in April.

Borderlands sent out an email with more info back then.

Spoiler:
    The First Title in a Great New Series

We are happy to announce a wonderful new series of Limited and Lettered Editions collecting together in multi-volume boxed sets, the entire body of short stories and novellas by authors such as Peter Straub, F. Paul Wilson, Richard Matheson, Roger Zelazny, Richard Christian Matheson, and others. All editions will be signed by the authors or their editors.

Volume One: Short Stories Volume Two: Novellas

Peter Straub has created a body of short stories and novellas establishes him as one of the best literary voices in the genres of horror and dark suspense.His list of accomplishments and awards is staggering: In addition to the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Horror Writers Association, Life Achievement World Fantasy Award, Grand Master Award from World Horror, Living Legend Award from the International Horror Guild, he has won the Bram Stoker Award 9 times, the World Fantasy Award 3 times, and 1 British Fantasy Award.

He remains a living legend

“Peter Straub's shorter fictions are like tiny novels you drown in: perfectly pitched, terrifyingly smart, big-hearted, dangerous, and even cruel….If you care about the short story, you should read this book, and watch a master at work.”
    —NEIL GAIMAN, author of The Ocean at the End of the Lane

"Straub has a proven knack for black humor, and he coaxes the nightmarish out of the mundane with startling ease. This is a powerful collection from an enduring favorite in literary chills.”
    —Publishers Weekly (starred review)
    "These stories show [Straub] ranging far and high into the uplands of literary fiction without ever leaving behind the dark impulses and fears that make his work so powerful.”
    —John Crowley, author of Little, Big and the Aegypt Cycle

$120.00 2-Volume Set of the Limited Edition
    Please click this LINK
    and PRE-ORDER

$500.00 2-Volume Set of the Lettered Edition
    Please click this LINK
    and PRE-ORDER
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The website lists dimensions as 8" x 12" x 4". Assuming the 4" is the thickness of the two books together, this would mean the front cover "footprint" is 12" x 8" - that is freakin' huge. Am I interpreting this wrong?

I'm actually more interested in this set because it's the only such comprehensive Straub short collection I've seen than for how nice it may be (if anyone is aware of a conventional (and conventionally priced) Straub short fiction omnibus, do let me know).

Does anyone have much experience with BP's work? Do they do nice work?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...also about Borderlands Press: I see they only charge upon publication (at least, their site says "Payment due on publication by either credit card or check") - does this mean that, when they say this (the numbered edition) will be published on Oct 31, they likely will hit that?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The website lists dimensions as 8" x 12" x 4". Assuming the 4" is the thickness of the two books together, this would mean the front cover "footprint" is 12" x 8" - that is freakin' huge. Am I interpreting this wrong?

I'm actually more interested in this set because it's the only such comprehensive Straub short collection I've seen than for how nice it may be (if anyone is aware of a conventional (and conventionally priced) Straub short fiction omnibus, do let me know).

Does anyone have much experience with BP's work? Do they do nice work?
    Yeah, that does seem big - almost Secretary of Dreams big.

BP do solid work. They've published a few Straub titles that are nice, affordable signed editions. Nothing too opulent, but they are well-bound with nice paper stock, endpapers and illustrated dustjackets. I've ordered this set, and am looking forward to it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sounds good to me; thanks.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Be aware that BP’s Little Book series is riddled with typographical errors, among a host of other recent issues. I’m not saying that will also happen with the Straub set, but their track record when it comes to proofreading is less than stellar.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oof.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FYI, the books are actually 9” x 6” (still not a bad size).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FYI, Straub is the only one signing these and wrote the introduction himself.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

According to tonight’s BP newsletter:

Due to a recent hospitalization of the author for major surgery and treatment, delivery on this title may be delayed until he is available to finish signing the signature pages. We will keep you updated on further developments.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Limitations:
    52 lettered, 500 numbered

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Centipede Press has two upcoming Straub productions:

In an 8/11/19 newsletter, Jared wrote:

One of our upcoming projects is a new limited edition of Ghost Story by Peter Straub. This edition will have archival artwork, plus a new dustjacket by artist Douglas Smith and several two-color linocuts by Vladimir Zimakov, plus bonus archival materials. The edition will be 500 copies, printed on mouldmade paper with natural deckled edges. The anticipated price will be around $400 per copy, with a publication date of around early 2022. If you are interested in this book, please let us know.
    Based on quick google searches, Douglas Smith does nice work, but Zimakov isn’t really for me.

In today’s newsletter, he wrote:

Ghost Story and Shadowland by Peter Straub are both in development.
    Although I’d sell a body part for a nice Shadowland, I suspect the production will be similar to that of Ghost Story - and the price as well, which will be beyond me. Still, nice to see these get some attention.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast