Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Haven Fundraiser Auction #28-Dolso Case-4 Original Art Pieces-One of a Kind

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2013 Haven Fundraiser Auction #28-Dolso Case-4 Original Art Pieces-One of a Kind

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.orgis proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item.
    For your consideration is an Original handmade wood slipcase for Stephen King’s “Everything’s Eventual” featuring a cover engraving of Glenn Chadbourne depiction of King’s story “The Road Virus Heads North”

This case was made (and donated) by famous craftsman Dick Olson. Check out his website: Bookslipcase.com

There are FOUR pieces of original art drawn in a 1st edition copy of “Everything’s Eventual”.
    Alex McVey, Glenn Chadbourne, Erin Wells, and Jill Bauman drew these fantastic pieces! They donated their art for our fundraiser. This book is a one of a kind!

Thanks to TheDarkTower.org member Merlin1958 who coordinated this effort and paid for all shipping as a donation to our 2013 Haven Foundation Fundraiser.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, WOW!!!! The artist's really outdid themselves this year!!!!!

Jill Bauman, even did something different!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! I loved the book done last year. Went for over $1000 if I remember correctly. This should easily go for as much.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Very cool! I loved the book done last year. Went for over $1000 if I remember correctly. This should easily go for as much.
    I hope you are right!!! Not to cast any aspersions on last years auction, but Jill, Glenn and Erin really went to town!!! I know I am a bit biased, but those are some great pieces!!! Alex, is always good, but it's similar to last year's in content. The other's went a bit "outside the box" IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a really nice book and case - indeed

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm .. this one rings a bell with me, resonates deeply within (what passes for) my mind ... and, Wild Bill, you'd better not be casting aspersions on last years HF auction - you know, and I know, that we both know that I know where you live .... mate ....
    We all float down here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! I love this auction.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Hmm .. this one rings a bell with me, resonates deeply within (what passes for) my mind ... and, Wild Bill, you'd better not be casting aspersions on last years HF auction - you know, and I know, that we both know that I know where you live .... mate ....
    Not at all mate!!! I was simply pointing out the amazing differences between 2012 and 2013. I was very pleasantly surprised by Ms. Baumann doing something different especially. As always Well's and Chadbourne and McVey are innovative and talented.

Spoiler:
    FWIW, your Director and I suggested Ms. Wells theme this year and I for one think she hit it out of the park!!!

Bid, Folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Not at all mate!!! I was simply pointing out the amazing differences between 2012 and 2013. I was very pleasantly surprised by Ms. Baumann doing something different especially. As always Well's and Chadbourne and McVey are innovative and talented.

Spoiler:
    FWIW, your Director and I suggested Ms. Wells theme this year and I for one think she hit it out of the park!!!

Bid, Folks!!!
    Okay, you're forgiven, kind of .. I'll call Bruno and have him only rough you up a bit instead of the original plan .. count yourself lucky Wild Bill
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Bid, Folks!!!
    Okay, you're forgiven, kind of .. I'll call Bruno and have him only rough you up a bit instead of the original plan .. count yourself lucky Wild Bill

LOL LOL LOL I'll take NYC "Goomba's" over "Aussie" outlaws any day!!! LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Pauly, Petey, Tommy "Two times" and "Fat" Tony? Get him!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I love McVey's stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, as of the last look we are at $200. We can do better than this, folks!!! This item should go for $500 easy!!! Look at that original art!!! Awesome stuff!!! Plus, it's truly "One of a kind"!!! I challenge you to get 4 artists to remarque a single book and then deal with the logistics!!! Not to mention a "Finely crafted wooden slipcase from the "Famous" Dolso, with a Chadbourne engraved art scene!!!!

Very Awesome Piece !!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha!!! I think this is an AWESOME piece and therefore. I am now "High Bidder"!!! If you folks are gonna let it go this cheap I may as well cast my hat in the ring!!!

Anyone want to buy a nice 1/1 of "Everything's Eventual"? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ha!!! I think this is an AWESOME piece and therefore. I am now "High Bidder"!!! If you folks are gonna let it go this cheap I may as well cast my hat in the ring!!!

How long were you the high bidder?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

15 mins!!! You bastard!! LOL Oh, its "on"!!! LOL LOL LOL

Edit: Now It is getting outside of my comfort zone, but not entirely!!! This is an "Awesome" collectible!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Edit: Now It is getting outside of my comfort zone, but not entirely!!! This is an "Awesome" collectible!!!!!
    Wait - you said it should go for over $500 and it is already out of your comfort zone? I just finished my tax return and it was not as painful as 2 years ago...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait - you said it should go for over $500 and it is already out of your comfort zone? I just finished my tax return and it was not as painful as 2 years ago...
    There's a difference between what an item is worth and what I am willing to pay. I really like this item, but I was only willing to go to $200+ on the off chance you heathens (lol) didn't go higher.

$217.50 right now!!!

Edit: Now that I think about it, it may actually be worth more than $500 just in what was donated, if you take my meaning. Figure in the case and engraved art, approx. $175 - $200, Each artists "remarque" general fee (again more or less) $100 and the cost of the book ($25?) and we're north of $600!!! Plus, tell me that isn't a fantastic looking piece for your collection? LOL

Edit 2: Damn, if I ain't tempted to up the bid!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$228.50!!! with less than 24 hrs to go!!! Folks, the remarques alone are worth at least $400!!! Mot to mention the case and engraved art!!!

BID!!!

Spoiler:
    Plus, at this point, I'm done!! I swear!!! I woulda gone for it if you huys were gonna let it go cheap.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just over 5 hrs to go!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would hate for this to go for that price.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

psssssssssssst........

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    psssssssssssst........
    LOL. Sorry but true. Great item and hopefully there will be some more action on this.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Went for $316. Congrats to the winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast