Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OCCUPY 2013: Ambannon Books Stephen King Collection

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I look at it as art which could be used on the book or framed or just kept separate. Having one signed by King and framed would look nice.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

To me the desirability is more in having the uniform look on the bookcases than in actually raising the value of the book club editions. I don't think they'll really do that. Personally I don't know that I'd even put them on books myself. I do like the design though and the idea.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"To me the desirability is more in having the uniform look on the bookcases than in actually raising the value of the book club editions."

Yes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The sizes will be for the most common US edition of that book.

Yes, if you purchase #50 Carrie, when Salem's Lot is released, i will ask you if you'd like to purchase #50 as well.

Sentinel, these will be dust jackets for books that aren't worth much to begin with. If anything, our dust jackets will make them more valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    I look at it as art which could be used on the book or framed or just kept separate. Having one signed by King and framed would look nice.
    I'd have to agrree with you both. Good Luck!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the designs but... that's it. Except if books didnt have any covers, i wouldnt like to put a new/different one from the original on a book, and i dont see bookcollector doing it.

May i say that there is no actual BOOGEYMAN Stephen King book? ^^
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want these for the simple fact of being able to have a matching set of his books on my self. No I don't expect them to change the value of a bce, but I love the idea of having them all lined up on my shelves in a uniform way. JMO

And since I already have most of his books in bce form it works well for me.
    Christine

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd sign on now for the whole run if I could get #1.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'd sign on now for the whole run if I could get #1.
    The Man... has dibs on #1
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if it's possible to call dibs.

If you rescue me

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't call dibs yet, just be the first one to request #1 when they are officially announced and it's yours until you don't want it anymore, lol.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Below is the list of Stephen King books that we will be doing, chronologically. The ones with question marks we are unsure about. I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.

Speaking of which, for Carrie's most common book club edition, what is the size of the dustjacket? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Carrie
    ‘Salem’s Lot
    The Shining
    Rage (Bachman)
    Night Shift
    The Stand
    The Long Walk (Bachman)
    The Dead Zone
    Firestarter
    Roadwork (Bachman)
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    The Running Man (Bachman)
    The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger
    Creepshow (???)
    Different Seasons
    Christine
    Cycle Of The Werewolf
    Pet Sematary
    The Talisman (King and Straub)
    Thinner (Bachman)
    Skeleton Crew
    The Bachman Books
    IT
    The Eyes Of The Dragon
    The Dark Tower II: The Drawing Of The Three
    Misery
    The Tommyknockers
    Nightmares In The Sky (???)
    The Dark Half
    The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition
    Four Past Midnight
    The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
    Needful Things
    Gerald’s Game
    Dolores Claiborne
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes
    Insomnia
    Umney’s Last Case (???)
    Rose Madder
    The Green Mile, Part 1: The Two Dead Girls
    The Green Mile, Part 2: The Mouse On The Mile
    The Green Mile, Part 3: Coffey’s Hands
    The Green Mile, Part 4: The Bad Death Of Eduard Delacroix
    The Green Mile, Part 5: Night Journey
    The Green Mile, Part 6: Coffey On The Mile
    Desperation
    The Regulators (Bachman)
    The Dark Tower IV: Wizard And Glass
    Bag Of Bones
    Storm Of The Century
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
    Hearts In Atlantis
    On Writing
    Secret Windows
    Dreamcatcher
    Black House (King and Straub)
    Everything’s Eventual
    From A Buick 8
    The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger: The Revised Edition
    The Dark Tower V: Wolves Of The Calla
    The Dark Tower VI: Song Of Susannah
    The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower
    Faithful
    The Colorado Kid
    ‘Salem’s Lot: The Illustrated Edition
    Cell
    Lisey’s Story
    Blaze
    Duma Key
    Just After Sunset
    Under The Dome
    Blockade Billy
    Full Dark, No Stars
    11/22/63
    The Wind Through The Keyhole
    Joyland
    Doctor Sleep
    ... and so on.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Shannon!!! That's a great list!!! Nothing but the best of luck to you. Now, I am not an expert on BOMC editions (except how to spot them passed off as 1/1 lol) EACH of the above listed titles got BOMC treatment?

Oh, and do me a favor? Scratch "Faithful". I'll just buy it and burn it!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not so sure if all of them got BOMC editions once they started having 1,000,000+ first printings and such. But our goal is for the dustjacket to fit the cheapest, most easily accessible American edition of that title. For example, Rage, Roadwork, etc., will probably be sized to the paperback Signet editions.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I'm not so sure if all of them got BOMC editions once they started having 1,000,000+ first printings and such. But our goal is for the dustjacket to fit the cheapest, most easily accessible American edition of that title. For example, Rage, Roadwork, etc., will probably be sized to the paperback Signet editions.
    Very interesting. I think I may just keep my eye on this and wait until you've got a few published and then see what I can do. Color me intrigued!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2