Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Howey, author

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Just let me know and I'll make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I'm willing to get the ARC signed if you're interested.
    Thanks. I may take you up on that.

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Sweet! I've been telling everyone I know about this signing because it's great to support new authors, and Jason is such a nice guy.

(I call it a Seattle signing because no one knows where Kirkland is. Heck, I barely know where it's at because EAST SIDE. I kid.)

Last year (January in fact,) I saw on his FB that he was on his way to do a reading in Mount Vernon, so I drove up and back in the same day to meet him and get my Sub Press Wool signed. First time meeting him and I ended up being the only person there who knew who he was. There was maybe seven other people.

Hope you make it!

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    TacomaDiver, thanks for the heads-up...I very well may go to that signing in Seattle (Kirkland, actually...just down the proverbial street from me!) as well. It was Gurley's art, in fact, that sold me on the WOOL set from Sub Press; were it not for that, I would have picked up the tpbs (it was my first Howey purchase, and, truth be told, probably my last). I'd love to have sign my volumes, and ELANOR sounds pretty intriguing...I have a soft spot for alternate realities / time travel books, and this one sounds like it has a neat familial twist on the form.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Just got my lettered subpress:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fp3csu View Post
    Just got my lettered subpress:

So jealous!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a big traycase....

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. The tray case is massive. Love that they did a triple wide case for the set.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Very cool...!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give me an estimate of value for the UK (Century) proof of Wool? It is the one done in five separate volumes and has a yellow paper band holding the set together. Unread condition with a slight tear in the yellow band.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I think its not very expensive. The yellow band gives some additional Dollars. I would suggest arround 30-50$. (without scanning the market !)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    I think its not very expensive. The yellow band gives some additional Dollars. I would suggest arround 30-50$. (without scanning the market !)
    Thanks. I saw one in a bookseller's listings and it wasn't very expensive so I ordered it. I was hoping it was going to be one of those great deals but I guess not. Still it must be somewhat scarce as I can find no others currently listed in the usual online places.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Got my hardback of Beacon 23 today.

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested VJ Books has up for preorder signed copies of the new hardcovers of Shift, Dust, and Beacon 23.

https://www.vjbooks.com/Hugh-Howey-s/1273.htm

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone see the photo he posted on FB yesterday?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Thanks. I saw one in a bookseller's listings and it wasn't very expensive so I ordered it. I was hoping it was going to be one of those great deals but I guess not. Still it must be somewhat scarce as I can find no others currently listed in the usual online places.
    I Paid $100 for my copy (from a boardie) just over a year ago.

If anyone have copies for sale for $30 I will buy all you have, LOL (and keep em until the movie drops)

Hugh Howey seems to have been a flavor of the moment for a lot of folks.

I am more inclined to think he has staying power.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone needs a S/N LE Of Dust, I have a spare copy I can sell ya. Pm me.

Good news is that I finally found a (mismatched number) copy of S/N LE Wool to complete my set
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested VJ Books has up for preorder signed copies of the new hardcovers of Shift, Dust, and Beacon 23.

How many more copies from the WOOL series do we need? It's getting to be like Joe Hill's Locke and Key. I assume these are US printings, since the only US hardcover was WOOL, while the UK had hardcovers of all three.

The first story came out in 2011 - it is time to move on already. And I personally don't think a movie is going to make the values go up on the books. The Martian prices are still fairly reasonable, and that was up for Academy Awards.

I loved the story, but I'm past it now.

Country
    Country Flag

You are correct. These are US editions.

My Mood
    Devilish

I do not see any new book at VJ, these are all old editions!!

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post

How many more copies from the WOOL series do we need? It's getting to be like Joe Hill's Locke and Key. I assume these are US printings, since the only US hardcover was WOOL, while the UK had hardcovers of all three.

The first story came out in 2011 - it is time to move on already. And I personally don't think a movie is going to make the values go up on the books. The Martian prices are still fairly reasonable, and that was up for Academy Awards.

I loved the story, but I'm past it now.

Country
    Country Flag

I do not see any new book at VJ, these are all old editions!!
    Here's one of the new links - https://www.vjbooks.com/shift-hugh-h.../howshif01.htm

SHIFT by Hugh Howey

AUTHOR AUTOGRAPHED HARDCOVER BOOK

First edition, first printing, mint, new/unread in a flawless dust jacket, signed by the author.

March 2016 NY: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK guys.... I loved Wool and just blew right through it, but I'm having a hard time staying interested through the first 1/3 of Shift. In fact, I've put it down to read another book. Does the series pick up, or does it fizzle after Wool? Shift just hasn't hooked me like the first book did.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by terrier91 View Post
    OK guys.... I loved Wool and just blew right through it, but I'm having a hard time staying interested through the first 1/3 of Shift. In fact, I've put it down to read another book. Does the series pick up, or does it fizzle after Wool? Shift just hasn't hooked me like the first book did.
    Shift isn't as good as Wool. I had trouble as well getting into it. I thought Dust was much better.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I was hoping it would get better.

Gunslinger Apprentice Fp3csu will become famous soon enough

Need to sell this beauty to fund a ridiculous purchase. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

These are letter V.

Thanks,
    Travis

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I have a set of the Sub Press Limiteds of Wool, Shift and Dust. PC copies that came from Howey himself. They were already signed but he signed them again and stamped each one. They are unread but the dust jackets are less than perfect. SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast