Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Hugh Howey, author

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lauterer View Post
    Very nice collection. We all search for the ugly Wool So you outbid me with the proof copys of the trilogy
    Maybe...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Those are nice collections of WOOL. I think the Howey train is running out already. Goldsboro still has limited editions of SAND for sale. Don't think he is going to reach the popularity he did with WOOL again.
    It has slowed a little bit but I think part of that is not having a US mainstream release for Shift and Dust. Obviously he had a lot of sales for his self published releases but I think having the books in the brick and mortar stores would have helped.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Nah - he needs a movie deal . Still good work and good stories
    I believe that Wool has been optioned at the very least. He posted on his site a while back that he met with some hollywood people to discuss the film. I hope it moves forward and is actually filmed.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I took one for the team and ordered the three SubPress editions from Amazon for $40 each. They arrived loosely packaged in a gigantic box with significant damage to the dust jackets (including a gigantic greasy handprint on one of them). I'm returning them and I'm getting replacements that I hope will be packed better. In the meantime, just think about like I'm increasing the value of your collectible books by reducing the number of pristine copies out there.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got an e-mail from William Schafer, SubP with the Wool books as e-books for free. But it also had something on there from "DropBox" and saying it had already set me up an account. I don't just give out my e-mail to anybody or anything, especially crap I know nothing about. Is it just me or did SubP cross a line here?

Country
    Country Flag

I have a feeling that dropsend did that without permission. I would email Bill and let him know. Not an appropriate thing for a company to do IMO.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Did they actually say that they used your e-mail address for the Dropbox account? If the intention is to enable you to download supplemental stuff from the publisher I would think that SubPress set up an account with credentials of their own. You and other customers would then be able to use those credentials to login and download said supplemental stuff (if you have Dropbox installed on your computer, of course). That's how it usually works.

Country
    Country Flag

It says "want to try Dropsend? We've set up a free account for you." Then shows my email and a randomly generated password. I don't think this is something Bill did, rather it is Dropsend (not Dropbox) trying to gain customers.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same here - I just clicked on the link in the email and downloaded the ZIP file. No account was needed. Not that I needed the eBooks since I already had them...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not sure if I will download them - since I already have them on the kindle - and my dad read them quicker than me (it is good to be retired)

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone know of what the print run was for the Wool #1 comic published by Cryptozoic?

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

There's an ugly WOOL Omnibus edition on ebay right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wool-Omnibus...item4ad9f11cbd

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the value of a Wool Omnibus from CreateSpace printed on June 14, 2012? Should I consider it a reading copy or is it worth anything at all?

Country
    Country Flag

Is this the one with the yellow cover and radioactive symbol? Those are probably $300-400 in vg to fine condition. IIRC Hugh said there were about 800 printed I think before the cover change. That could be to high a number though.

The other cover would be considered the second edition but still has some value as this is still an early copy appearing before the U.S. hardback and trade paperback. I'd say $40-$50 in fine condition.

Also I wouldn't put any value on the date it was printed. It gets too complicated when trying to figure all that out.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! This isn't my copy, but it looks like this one.

Country
    Country Flag

That is the second cover he used. If it is vf or like new condition I would say it is $40-$50, a bit more if it is signed.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Anyone get number 446 of the SP WOOL Trilogy, I requested that number but got a different one, want to match my UK editions, please let me know
    Thanks,
    Tommy

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone who has the SP edition of the Wool trilogy please tell me what they think of it. I am considering purchasing the set but I'm on the line. I haven't read any of the series yet.
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SirFolio16 View Post
    Can anyone who has the SP edition of the Wool trilogy please tell me what they think of it. I am considering purchasing the set but I'm on the line. I haven't read any of the series yet.
    They are good quality, oversized editions.
    I just posted a couple photos of each in my collection thread.

The only thing lacking is a slipcase, which absolutely should have been a part of this set.
    Mark Twain

An illustration or two would have been nice as well but they are really lovely books and I am pleased with the set, I'm a big fan of the series so I also recommend reading them too, Hugh is a great story teller and a very nice guy as well

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I like the Camelot slipcase. It fits nicely and they look better in it. Even if a tad overpriced.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey kids, what's the approximate going rate for the UK Wool ARC, the five paperbacks; books are fine, band is there but has a rip.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say $55-65. I sold mine with a tear and VG books for $40ish including shipping in June. I also bought one with a complete band for $70 around the same time.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thx, actually a little lower than I thought. Did anybody here pickup that Ugly Wool proof for $450? I debated it, but the condition turned me off.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast