Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I just spoke with Mark V. Ziesing the publisher of Book of the Dead. He stated there between 10-20 PC's.
    I will update the list again.
    Thanks for that RF.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the S/L Transgressions as 226 copies. 200 Numbered and 26 lettered.
    Can someone confirm that there were 26 lettered?

Edit:
    Answered my own question by looking at the Limitation page. There were 200 numbered for the trade and 26 lettered for the authors and publisher.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a new question for the Collector's.
    In the current King Catalog we have (I believe) a listing for every King book, with scans. photos descriptions etc.
    Currently we do not have a Catalog for books and items signed by King, but not works exclusively by King.
    Should we attempt to obtain images etc. and do a Catalog for the following list?:

1982 Fear Itself 225
    1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger audio book 800
    1982 Whispers - 26+350=376
    1983 Frankenstein 250 + 26 = 276 (SK collectibles says 526 total)
    1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
    1987 Dark Tower II Audio book 800
    1987 The Ideal, Genuine Man-500
    1988 Letters from Hell 500+26=526
    1988 Night Visions 5-850
    1988 Prime Evil 1,000 (+250 UK, Bantam Press) = 1,250 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)
    1989 Book of the Dead 500 + (10-20 PC's, per Mark V. Ziesing)= ≤520
    1989 The Killer Inside Me 26 + 350 = 376 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)
    1990 Dark Dreamers ( 1990 edition) 450
    1990 Fantasy and Science Fiction December 1990. 500 signed – Un-numbered.
    1990 Rainy Season photograph print (signed by King, Tabitha King, and artist) 100
    1991 Complete Masters of Darkness 345
    1991 Gauntlet #2 500
    1991 Signatures 26 + 400 + 150 = 576
    1992 The Sins of the Fathers 400
    1993 House Next Door (1993 edition by Olde New York Press) 26 + 125 =151
    1994 Insomnia portfolio 400
    1994 Insomnia (UK edition) (signed on bookplate) 200
    1995 Rose Madder (UK edition) (signed on bookplate) 250
    1995 House Next Door (1995 edition by Bett's Bookstore) 12 PC's + 225 = 237
    1996 UK Desperation/Regulators boxed set 250 copies, signed bookplate in Desperation only.
    1996 The Girl Next Door 52 + 500 = 552
    1997 Wizard and Glass (UK edition) (signed on bookplate) 500
    1997 Cujo guitar (2 shapes, 10 Dreadnaught shape and 14 Grand Auditorium shape, 125 each) = 250
    1998 Bag of Bones Hodder & Stoughton UK. 2,000 signed on bookplate.
    1998 Legends 50 + 200 = 250
    1998 The Best of Cemetery Dance 52 + 400 = 452
    2000 Dystopias 26 (lettered only)
    2000 Life in the Cinema 52 + 350 = 402
    2003 Borderlands 5 - 52 + 500 = 552
    2004 Quietly Now 500+52+552
    2005 Transgressions 200 + 26 = 226
    2005 Great Ghost Stories 52 (lettered only), Indeterminate # of PC's
    2007 Postscripts 10. 200+300=500, Indeterminate # of PC’s
    2007 Dandelion Wine 50th Anniversary. 100.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, sure, why not?

I think it should be separate from the Catalog of books actually written by King though.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Currently we do not have a Catalog for books and items signed by King, but not works exclusively by King.
    Should we attempt to obtain images etc. and do a Catalog for the following list?:
    Most definitely.

I was also a bit puzzled as to why the UK trade editions were not listed, except for all the editions of the Colorado Kid.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The SK universe is pretty broad. We started the Catalog and initially made the decision to go with U.S. King books-!00% by King. It narrowed the scope (still a pretty wide scope) to something I could manage. Most-but certainly not all, particularly the most exotic items, were books I myself owned, and therefore photos, scans etc. were "easily" done. I say easily, because it was very time consuming.
    If I/we take on his new task, the success will greatly depend on high quality scans and pictures submitted (directly to me, not in a thread) by other Collector's. I doubt I even have 20% of the items on the list I posted.
    I will do the bulk of the work, but I will need others to contribute the images.

I would like for a few-or many Collector's to advise here if they can help.

Country
    Country Flag

The SK universe is pretty broad. We started the Catalog and initially made the decision to go with U.S. King books-!00% by King. It narrowed the scope (still a pretty wide scope) to something I could manage. Most-but certainly not all, particularly the most exotic items, were books I myself owned, and therefore photos, scans etc. were "easily" done. I say easily, because it was very time consuming.
    If I/we take on his new task, the success will greatly depend on high quality scans and pictures submitted (directly to me, not in a thread) by other Collector's. I doubt I even have 20% of the items on the list I posted.
    I will do the bulk of the work, but I will need others to contribute the images.

I would like for a few-or many Collector's to advise here if they can help.
    I can help with the S/Limiteds, but I only have a small number of Numbereds. I also have everything ever issued in the UK.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think another sub forum catalog would be great in here. I'm kicking around the idea of turning these threads into a sub forum that is hidden from guests.

For about 20 different reasons but mostly because some collector stuff is pretty sensitive.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also think it is a good idea to put them (with pictures) in another sub-forum. I have 5-10 of the items and would be happy to supply pictures.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. I would like to start out small and easy by doing UK S/L's, where the entire book is by King. I think we can just add them to the Catalog of Signed Limiteds, with UK somewhere in the book title. I count only five, but let me know if I am incorrect.
    I will need high quality scans/photos of the cover, spine, limitation page (signature/#) and a freestanding shot of the following books. In addition, it would be very very helpful if those who help could include any information and fill out the template. I will give acknowledgement for the images used.

Template Example (delete the existing text and supply whatever info you can:

Title: The Eyes of the Dragon
    Author: Stephen King
    Artist: Kenneth Ray Linkhaüser. Designed and cared for by Michael Alpert
    Publisher: Philtrum Press
    Publication Year: 1984
    State: Numbered 1/1,000 Issue Price $120
    Comments: 26 red lettered, 26 black lettered, less than 10 Artist's copies, 250 red-numbered and 1,000 black-numbered copies produced.
    Like Cycle of the Werewolf, and The Plant, The Eyes of the Dragon (original title:The Napkins) was published without a trade edition in the works at the time. The trade edition of Eyes of the Dragon has important textual differences. Sold by lottery only (at least 3 were conducted), in three ads that ran in F/SF magazines, 1,000 black numbered-editions were sold in order that 250 red-numbered copies could be given as gifts to people on King's Christmas greeting list.
    A visual and tactile sensation, the book stands over 13" (33 CM) tall. The paper was intended to feel like fine linen (The Napkins).

Book images needed:

1996 UK Desperation/Regulators boxed set 250 copies, signed bookplate in Desperation only.
    1998 Bag of Bones Hodder & Stoughton UK. 2,000 signed on bookplate.

Country
    Country Flag

I will do them tomorrow RF.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Mr. Rabbit Trick the 5 UK S/L's are now in the Catalog.

I would like to add the issue price (if known) to the ones that are missing them:

I also wanted to get thoughts as to whether or not to add the S/L's that are are not 100% King in there own category, or just simply add them straight to the existing S/L area.
    Currently, other than Blackhouse, and The Talsiman, (Edit: And I suppose TGWLTG) all entries right now are books 100% by King.
    Thoughts on separate catagory or not?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just checked The Collector's site (www.stephenkingcollector.com) but he doesn't have the issue price of the UK limiteds either.

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi

I have talked with Herb at Lord John Press and he has confirmed that only 100 "PC" copies were made. Also, there seems to be a consensus that there is only Three state of this book. Marbled Boards, Deluxe and Limited. The picture that is in the catalog for a "PC" I dont think is a true "PC" because it is "Tabitha Kings Copy" not a "Presentation Copy" as mine states here

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...276&ppuser=573

Am I getting way to specific on this? What would you call TK Copy? Personal Copy (PC)?
    Thanks
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ve noticed that some illustrations did vanish.
    Reason?
    They were linked to the pictures in the galleries of MrRabbitTrick, et elles ne sont plus dans les galleries....
    erf

Illustrations of:
    - the talisman
    - colorado kid (chadbourne)
    - dolores claiborne
    - from a buick 8
    - insomnia

MrRabbitTrick: do you still have it on your computer? would you mail them to me please?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I ve noticed that some illustrations did vanish.
    Reason?
    They were linked to the pictures in the galleries of MrRabbitTrick, et elles ne sont plus dans les galleries....
    erf

Illustrations of:
    - the talisman
    - colorado kid (chadbourne)
    - dolores claiborne
    - from a buick 8
    - insomnia

MrRabbitTrick: do you still have it on your computer? would you mail them to me please?
    Ooops. I removed them from my gallery. I though the ones you used were stored elswhere.

No I don't have them on my computer. Looks like I will have to do them again.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If you already have them hosted elsewhere Mr. Rabbit, it's just as easy to get them from there.

All you have to do is post the link here.

(and thanks for the MP3's )

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you already have them hosted elsewhere Mr. Rabbit, it's just as easy to get them from there.

All you have to do is post the link here.

(and thanks for the MP3's )
    No such luck Matt. I only had them in my gallery. That will teach me to be so efficient inefficiant!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you will do it again i will save them away just in case :-)

Country
    Country Flag

the pictures of DT II, by Ari also disappeared... and i think thats it...

Question:
    why does on this board do not appear the broken links?
    I mean... it would be easier to see if a picture isnt available anymore...coz now, if a link is broken we just dont see anything at all, and it would be lucky if we notice that something is missing...
    cannot change it in the settings of the board???

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would guess that broken links show up when hosted by another service, but if linked to the Gallery, they do not.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It may also be the difference between firefox and IE (or any others). I sometimes see a red "x" when in IE but it seems like firefox doesn't show broken images at all.

happened on the site pages a couple of times when I moved an image without meaning to

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Hi

I have talked with Herb at Lord John Press and he has confirmed that only 100 "PC" copies were made. Also, there seems to be a consensus that there is only Three state of this book. Marbled Boards, Deluxe and Limited. The picture that is in the catalog for a "PC" I dont think is a true "PC" because it is "Tabitha Kings Copy" not a "Presentation Copy" as mine states here

Am I getting way to specific on this? What would you call TK Copy? Personal Copy (PC)?
    Thanks
    This may have gotten overlooked and I'm kinda curious about this

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
    This may have gotten overlooked and I'm kinda curious about this
    I think Tabitha's should be called a personal copy.

Could you clarify your first statement (or perhaps get Herb to clarify) stating 100 "PC" copies made? Is that 100 "PC" copies of the regular edition or does that number include "PC" copies of the deluxe edition and "PC" copies of the lettered edition?

I'd like to know how many "PC" copies of the lettered edition were done, if any. Neither Chris Cavalier nor myself have been able to find this state. Barry Levin insists it exists and he is usually right.

Country
    Country Flag

Very resonable question. I will pose that to Herb and reply when he writes back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast