Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1202

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The title of the page is, "Complete list of Stephen King Signed Limiteds".
    It only contains official SK signed limited editions.
    It does not list "Gift/Trade" editions etc which are not signed by King. There are other lists for these.
    It is not a long list, so not much scrolling required.

Leave it alone.
    Sorry Alan, check again.
    The actual title of the page has always been "The Stephen King Collectibles Catalog" the wiki folder entry has only recently been re-titled in an early attempt to do this work.
    The list DOES contain Gift and unsigned editions, currently there are no other specific pages for these. (Other than a temp new page that was added in anticipation of this work)
    There is one list that contains only S/L but does so by chronological order however this list does not link to the individual books.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I kind of like the frames. That way the information for all of the books resides on the same page, the page is shortened for less scrolling and the lists are separated into S/L and gift/etc. editions.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally prefer it as it is - where the books are grouped together by title, and one can track all the different editions of that same book in the one location.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The title of the page is, "Complete list of Stephen King Signed Limiteds".
    It only contains official SK signed limited editions.
    It does not list "Gift/Trade" editions etc which are not signed by King. There are other lists for these.
    It is not a long list, so not much scrolling required.

Leave it alone.
    There is one list that contains only S/L but does so by chronological order however this list does not link to the individual books.
    ...and that's the one I was on about. I only collect official signed Stephen King Limited Editions and do not look at any other lists.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Both ways appeal to me although I'm leaning toward leaving as is. I also like how all editions are listed together alphabetically. I know it would be two lists to maintain but why not offer both ways. Have the current default layout and then include a link to view them broken down by category.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The indifference is overwhelming. We'll probably just leave things as they are.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious if it intentional, or an oversight that Ghost Brothers of Darkland County is not in any of the catalogs (or did I miss it)?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just curious if it intentional, or an oversight that Ghost Brothers of Darkland County is not in any of the catalogs (or did I miss it)?
    What is to miss? King's Libretto? If so, that goes in the section of Kings short works's

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What is to miss? King's Libretto? If so, that goes in the section of Kings short works's
    It's an interesting point, we also (i believe) do not list "The Journals of Eleanor Druse" or "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" as neither was written by King, however I suspect many of us here own both books (I know I do) because of the tie-ins. Any thoughts on if they should be included and under what banner?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an interesting point, we also (i believe) do not list "The Journals of Eleanor Druse" or "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" as neither was written by King, however I suspect many of us here own both books (I know I do) because of the tie-ins. Any thoughts on if they should be included and under what banner?
    Ghost Brothers probably should be in the short works catalog.

It wouldn't hurt to have a Tie Ins catalog. Those you mentioned and books like The Parallax View could be found there with their stories.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm little confused with Ghost Brothers, King wrote the libretto but did not conceive the story, or did he? How much of the writing of the actual musical itself did he participate in?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping for some input.
    Currently many people use the
    Alphabetical Index Quick Links

to look at King collectible books. This includes Signed and unsigned King special editions. The list is long enough to require a bit of scrolling to get from A-Z. BTW, quick hint, to reduce scrolling, a person can collapse the top box that has the image of King sitting on a book etc.

The thought was (and it's a bit of work) to separate King signed books from King "Special" (unsigned) books. Gift editions, Anniversary editions etc.
    We could have a table list that cuts the scrolling a bit.

This is incomplete, so it obviously would require more scrolling:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ge#post1017492

1. Is it that big of a deal to use the existing list and scroll a bit? The advantage is that for a particular title, all variations are in a row.
    2. Would the separated list be a substantial improvement?
    3. Other thoughts and comments appreciated. The more feedback we get, the better.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le=Test+Thread
    Seems fine to me
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I'm little confused with Ghost Brothers, King wrote the libretto but did not conceive the story, or did he? How much of the writing of the actual musical itself did he participate in?
    Here's the essay I wrote about it for FearNet

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I rather like the list as it is. I can see all the different states of the book grouped together, and quickly see whether it is S/L, Gift, etc right next to it's title. I appreciate the attempt to always improve though!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Nice essay Bev. At the end you mention a review, do you have a link for it? I saw the show in Milwaukee and really enjoyed it.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Nice essay Bev. At the end you mention a review, do you have a link for it? I saw the show in Milwaukee and really enjoyed it.
    Yes: here's the review. I was at the premiere in Atlanta.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know quite a few members only come to Calvin's Corner. That's fine, but help me by answering a question

• How do you access the wiki info for Trade First Editions, Collectible Items, Arcs, etc.?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I know quite a few members only come to Calvin's Corner. That's fine, but help me by answering a question

• How do you access the wiki info for Trade First Editions, Collectible Items, Arcs, etc.?
    I don't. I've never accessed the wiki info.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Of course.
    You just access your brain; and or your database.

Sometimes a member may need information about a King 1st, or a S/L and you don't answer their call.
    That's why we built the wiki-Bob isn't available 24-7.
    I suppose we could simplify matters if you allow your phone number to be published so that mere mortals could quickly access your expertise for info and pictures about Stephen King Trade First Editions, Signed Limited books, etc.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Of course.

Sometimes a member may need information about a King 1st, or a S/L and you don't answer their call.
    I suppose we could simplify matters if you allow your phone number to be published so that mere mortals could quickly access your expertise for info and pictures about Stephen King Trade First Editions, Signed Limited books, etc.
    Wow. Well, OK.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I first started collecting, I accessed this info religiously to build my collection, and still reasonably regularly now. I immediately bookmarked the links in my search engine.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course.

Wow. Well, OK.
    See Bob, THATS why we have smiley faces.... read it again, but put a big grin on the end

See Bob, THATS why we have smiley faces.... read it again, but put a big grin on the end
    I'll take your word for it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was intended to be flattering and cute.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I click on the "Wiki" link that is on the top bar of every page (i.e. between "Forum" and "What's New" button). Then go from there.

Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast