Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IMHO, the "Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions" should stay with the books only. Couldn't things like the Cujo guitar, portfolios, etc., be moved to the "Miscellaneous" catalog? Maybe create a "Signed Miscellaneous" catalog?

I had a tough time with these 'categories' while I was organizing my own collection. Aside from the multiple categories for actual SK books, I ended up with these categories: SK In Collections (i.e., dystopia, 999, Borderlines 5, Moth, etc.), Books about SK (i.e., Bare Bones, Fear Itself, etc.), Magazines (i.e., Cavalier, F&SF, etc.), Movies, Comics, and Miscellaneos (subcategorized by promo items, portfolios/artwork, etc. - my Cujo Guitar is "Other" under Misc). All that might be a bit much for the catalogs on here, but I'd be willing to help!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gretchen, My Excel spreadsheet has almost identical categories as what you have. I just call my "collections" anthologies instead, and I lump all your miscellaneous stuff under promos.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Gretchen, My Excel spreadsheet has almost identical categories as what you have. I just call my "collections" anthologies instead, and I lump all your miscellaneous stuff under promos.

John
    I did cell dropdowns on my spreadsheet to further classify the entries on each of the tabs (categories). I did the same thing for condition and a few other fields. It was tough at first to figure out the main categories and then each of the dropdowns, but in the long run it was definitely worth the effort. 8)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

For me, the qualifying factor for items in the SIGNED SECTION is that they were made specifically to be signed by Stephen King.

So, that being said, I support adding the following items:

The Green Mile: The Two Dead Girls signed by King limited to 36 copies
    Tom Allen Campaign Signed Bookplate limited to 500 copies
    Signed Bookmark promoting The Revised Gunslinger and the last three DT Books
    Last edited by tippy4; 10-24-2008 at 05:32 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think we have to be a bit careful and considerate what we add. Technically we could have an entry for any and every thing signed by King. The initial idea was we would catalog books. That evolved with things mentions such as the Cujo Guitar, Rainy Season print etc.
    I honestly don't have a clearcut answer I can hang my hat on-and in fact would prefer not to be (although if it comes down to it I guess I must give some defining opinion) the ultimate arbiter on the matter.
    I'd like for other Collector's-people able to present rational thoughts far better than I, to weigh in on the matter.
    Not that my opinion is overly useful - but I'd say the defining criteria should be the item's merit if it were not signed.

For instance, books and art portfolios have merit on their own for being written by King or made for a King book. A blank bookplate has no merit, therefore a "limited edition" signed bookplate shouldn't be included in the catalog. Likewise, an unsigned promo bookmark wouldn't be included, so the addition of a signature shouldn't make it so.

The Rainy Season Print and Letters from Hell should, given that they were written by King, and are simply presented in different media. The Cujo guitar I can't quite make my mind up on.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Not that my opinion is overly useful - but I'd say the defining criteria should be the item's merit if it were not signed.

For instance, books and art portfolios have merit on their own for being written by King or made for a King book. A blank bookplate has no merit, therefore a "limited edition" signed bookplate shouldn't be included in the catalog. Likewise, an unsigned promo bookmark wouldn't be included, so the addition of a signature shouldn't make it so.

"Merit" is tricky to judge.

For instance, I actually collect Stephen King bookmarks, so to me even an unsigned one has merit.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

"Merit" is tricky to judge.

For instance, I actually collect Stephen King bookmarks, so to me even an unsigned one has merit.
    Not merit as in its existence or collectability, but simply in its belonging to the catalouge.

Country
    Country Flag

Either way, I'm DEFINITELY keeping this one!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW!! Congratulations on one in your name!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    WOW!! Congratulations on one in your name!

John
    Thanks, John! He signed it just for me at a book signing in NYC. I have pics of the two of us, but I just look so bad (aka hungover) that I've never really done anythig with them!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just getting caught up on the discussion above. Everyone has good points...

Nice book, Gretchen!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on getting a personalized copy Gretchen. Great inscription.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

This debate kind of died off, but I thought I would poke it with a stick to see if it was still alive.

I thought my "if it was made to be signed, it should be in the section" argument was pretty convincing!

Jerome...thoughts?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, here are some images of the Insomnia Portfolio for The Catalog.

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

Insomnia Portfolio

The portfolio measures 13" x 18 " and contains 6 images.

All that you are missing now is the 1998 S/L Legends (50 + 200 = 250)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Tippy4. I'll work on getting the listing up soon.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for taking those pics, tippy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Could one of the mods for the King Illustrations Catalogue add these to a new listing for "Needful Things"?

Publisher: Chivers Press, Bath, England
    Pub. Date: 1993
    Artist: Unknown

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/nt_1.jpg
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_2.jpg
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_3.jpg
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_4.jpg

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for that discovery!

Maybe others by the same publisher?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Maybe others by the same publisher?
    I have several other Chivers Press hardbacks, and this is the only one with illustrations.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

could anyone do that please???
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    could anyone do that please???
    Most of us have been in Las Vegas for the last few days. We are catching up now. I assure you it will be done shortly.

Country
    Country Flag

No prob! I forgot the Vegas event... GOnna watch the pix!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Could one of the mods for the King Illustrations Catalogue add these to a new listing for "Needful Things"?

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/nt_1.jpg
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_2.jpg
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_3.jpg
    http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_4.jpg
    Done.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Done.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Carlosdetweiler alerted me to the fact that there are red covered Insomnia portfolios that contain an original piece of art by Phil Hale. It is unclear as to the number produced, but thought to be the first 10-20. Any help clarifying this question, as well as information as to the issue price (Red and blue) would be greatly appreciated.
    Here is the Catalog link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast