Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh... Right. I should have realized that.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was reading the french edition of Beahm's Stephen KING from A to Z (1998, Andrews McMeel Publishing) and something stopped me at BUICK SPECIAL.

It says that it is the car that Kings had when they were living at Hermon, Maine, in 1965.
    In her introduction to the limited edition of Carrie, Tabitha called it their "pile of mud" Buick (or sort of).

I didnt know that there was a limited edition of Carrie, and i didnt find it either in the catalog or in Skcollector...
    so, is it a mistake by George Beahm, during the translation to french, or something which is not really known of?
    Carlos?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

What that is is NOT a limited edition of Carrie, but what was called the Collector's Edition. It was a series of reprints from Doubleday of King's first few books issued with new dust jackets and new introductions by various authors. Carrie had an introduction by Tabitha. I can't remember the others, and I didn't (and have no desire even now) want them.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

They were trade paperbacks. They had what I think are called "French wraps" style dust jackets. Only six books were done in that style but initially it was planned to do a lot more. The original dust jacket art was reproduced inside the book. I've always thought they made an attractive set of books.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bob! Because of you're explanation of those books I now understand what is meant by "french wraps". I've seen the term, but never knew what was meant by it.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Thanks Bob! Because of you're explanation of those books I now understand what is meant by "french wraps". I've seen the term, but never knew what was meant by it.
    We call them French Flaps, but everyone bursts out laughing when you mention it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the explaination
    i dont know if the intro by Tabitha is available in the revised french version... will try to know

its the same for instance, with the "french fries"
    i am still trying to understand why.... and... especially say french fries in McDo (which aint french)
    so funny...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Special thanks to pdj for clarifying that the Rainy Season Print was produced in February, 1990.

Country
    Country Flag

Question about the Tommyknockers.

those catalogs and the collectors websites, says that there are two different versions of the 1st ed of tommyknockers : the name of the author being in red or in gold... right?

well, someone told me (i did ask him his source) that there would be a third one, a SILVER one... does anyone know about it?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

None that I've ever seen. The proof is gold.

John

Country
    Country Flag

it is true: there is one on the website Stephen KING BOOK Covers (that was his source)
    http://www.stephenkingshop.com/cover...myknockers.htm

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen one.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen one either. It could be a printing error as the light coming from under the door is not greenish as on the other books but looks silvery like the lettering. I'd guess it is a printing error but it could be a proof.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think its a photoshop job.

The gold title is subject to loss on the hardcover DJ as shown by the example on the covers page. I find it highly unlikely that a silver title would suffer a similar loss.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't believe everything you see or read on the net. Here is the picure of Duma Key from the UK publisher's website. This was never used.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've never seen one either. It could be a printing error as the light coming from under the door is not greenish as on the other books but looks silvery like the lettering. I'd guess it is a printing error but it could be a proof.
    The only US Tommyknockers proofs I've seen all had the gold coloring.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps akin to the "Bachman Shining".

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Don't believe everything you see or read on the net. Here is the picure of Duma Key from the UK publisher's website. This was never used.

i know : that was why i asked you guys...
    anyway, its not because a cover havent been used that there aint circulating.... maybe the printing error as some of you think, are around, but aint the used cover...

anyway, thanks for sharing your knowledge guys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The only US Tommyknockers proofs I've seen all had the gold coloring.

John
    I was just guessing it might be a proof dust jacket or a trial dust jacket or a preliminary artist concept dust jacket or something like that. Just speculation.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome,

What else are you missing for the Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions section?

Looks like you are missing

1987 The Drawing of the Three (DTII) Audio S/L
    1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
    1994 Insomnia portfolio 400
    1998 Legends 50 + 200 = 250
    2003 Borderlands 5 Lettered.

What else?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

tippy, I think (but I am constantly suprised at how wrong I am) what you have listed is what's missing.
    If there is something else missing I hope someone will point it out. I'll need to cross reference the list of S/L'd to the catalog.
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    No excuse, but I have also been spending a ton of time on the Calendar entries.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Also I think missing:

999 S/L 500 + 52 = 552

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Also I think missing:

999 S/L 500 + 52 = 552
    This is not signed by King, so isn't included.

Jerome

The Drawing of the Three S/L Audio..... Don't know why it doesn't show up on the main list.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...dio#post141258

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Jerome

The Drawing of the Three S/L Audio..... Don't know why it doesn't show up on the main list.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...dio#post141258

It should show up now.
    Thanks, I thought I remembered that one.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So that just leaves....

1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
    1994 Insomnia portfolio 400
    1998 Legends 50 + 200 = 250
    2003 Borderlands 5 Lettered 52

I don't have any of these, but someone here must?!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast