Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Just wanted to let you guys know I have finished creating articles (threads) for the catalog forum and wikified it.

I am going to try all kinds of advanced functions that come with the product like "table of contents" and stuff like that. Perhaps be able to divide the books out by state for that.

(Hardcover, First Editions..and so on)

I welcome any comments here of course but this thing is very much a work in progress.

I want to once again thank Jerome and all the other collectors that have contributed to this. Making the threads was amazing because I got to see and read about every one.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is excellent Matt. I just checked it out. What is the [Top] Something else text next to King's graphic?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its me trying to do a table of contents, I seem to be getting closer now

My goal is to not only have the titles below but a Table of Contents divided by state.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to be picky-but I am. Should the Table of Contents not use THE when being alphabetized IE The Colorado Kid goes under "C" not "T"?
    Or am I just screwed up.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wondered about that all the way through man, not sure what to do with it. "the" is a part of the title and I hated to put it at the end.

like...Colorado Kid, The

That may have been better, they can be systematically changed though

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if you can do it, but leave the "The" at the beginning of the title, but put the book where it would go if the "The" wasn't there.
    The Colorado Kid would follow Christine and preceed Creepshow.
    Also "Salem's Lot would go under "S".

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

that cannot be done, the program automatically alphabetizes by article (thread) title.

Its a very strict code.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then the The's go where they are. No big deal. The results are excellent.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks man, we can maybe play around a bit with the titles to organize them better, I think most folks kind of assume "the" so it may not need to be there at all. And I had no idea 'Salem's Lot had that thing on the front

Right now I am organizing them into "books" by state--you can have a look at that here. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/nuwiki.php?do=book

It will just be another way to cross reference them

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The page denies my access-pemissions blah blah.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you want to go through and try to change them? I'd be happy to throw it open for that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay folks, this thing is done for how.

Not only do we have an entry for each but they are also grouped into "books" by state which generates a table of context for each at the bottom of the page.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like some of the tables of contents do not include all the entries.

It's a known bug and I am working to get it solved.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just checking it out, Matt. Very cool. Great job!

Will people need to sign up for TDT.com's free membership in order to view it? Or will it be available to anyone who wants to use the site without ever even joining up?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I'm missing it, but in reviewing the catalog I've seen all the versions of The Talisman except this gift edition (similar to the S/L, but different):

Posted in my collection thread
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to have a new entry that isn't there Patrick. We'll let Jerome tell us for sure, I may have missed named one somehow.

And any visitor to the site can see the entire forums, just not post without signing up.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing it, but in reviewing the catalog I've seen all the versions of The Talisman except this gift edition (similar to the S/L, but different):

Posted in my collection thread
    Good catch Patrick. Matt, can we add the book using Patrick's images?
    Use this as a description:

Title: The Talisman
    Author: Stephen King
    Artist: Richard Berry, Thomas Canty (who also designed the book), Ned Dameron, Stephen Gervais, Phil Hale, Jeffrey Jones, R.J. Knapowicz, Don Maitz, and Berni Wrightson
    Publisher: Donald M. Grant
    Year: 1984
    State: Deluxe trade edition. Two volumes slip cased. Unsigned, unnumbered. Issue Price $65.00
    Comments: 1,200 Copies produced. Bound in grey cloth.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it covered, I'll slap those on here in a sec.

I changed the format for the "book index" page from the table of contents to an alphabetical listing. See what you guys think.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its in there now

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It all looks great, Matt!

By the way, my vote is to make membership with a minimum post count of "1" to see the Catalog. But I'm just trying to drum up numbers so you get a truer sense of how many people are using the site.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh hey, the book entry titled 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition is actually the Illustrated edition that came out years later.

Also a typo on the introduction page to the Catalog: You may also browse our Catalog using out Edition State Book Directory

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick, I will get those fixed up.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh hey, the book entry titled 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition is actually the Illustrated edition that came out years later.
    I pretty much just copied and pasted on those, how should it be labeled you think?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

‘Salem’s Lot Illustrated Edition Trade Hardback

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So "trade hardbacks" right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast