Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Oh hey, the book entry titled 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition is actually the Illustrated edition that came out years later.
    I pretty much just copied and pasted on those, how should it be labeled you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ‘Salem’s Lot Illustrated Edition Trade Hardback
    So "trade hardbacks" right?
    Yes, that would be the category.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I concur.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

To differentiate between the original trade hardcover and the later one, I'd specify that the later one be the "Illustrated Trade Hardcover".

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm confused you guys

I am looking at this entry in the catalog: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1077

Is that the one we are talking about? Like I said, I copied the text (along with state) exactly as it was written. Should this one be retitled?

It is in the Trade Hardback First Editions section now, should it be moved?

Am I looking at the wrong entry?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book is a trade hardback, and it is a 1st edition. Therefore it should be in the category with other trade hardback 1st editions.
    It should be titled as "Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The link/thread/entry (whatever you call it in wiki terms) title is this: 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition

That is incorrect.

The first entry says this:
    Title: ‘Salem’s Lot Illustrated Edition

That is correct.

The first one, the link/thread/entry title, should change to:
    ‘Salem’s Lot Illustrated Edition Trade Hardback
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The book is a trade hardback, and it is a 1st edition. Therefore it should be in the category with other trade hardback 1st editions.
    It should be titled as "Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition.
    There we go. All changed now

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, Matt.

I'm still amazed at how cool that whole Catalog turned out!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks man, its great to have the kind of stuff we need to make the whole thing sing.

I was really proud of the results too.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

From the "Building The King Catalog" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    So, now that individual threads have been set up for each book, is the idea to discuss the story in that thread? post pictures of our own copies (signed)? Or are these pages just supposed to be references and statistical knowledge?
    I think they are for reference. However, if Matt sets them up as a wiki, they would be open (I believe) for editing, as well as discussion.
    All the threads are locked for now but I could certainly open them up for discussion if we need to. ...
    Matt, now that the Catalog has been created, I'd like to go back to Wiz's questions in the other thread. Is the Catalog for reference only? Are we looking for discussion about the individual books? Do we want people to post photos of their own copies? etc.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of having discussions for each one. The "main article" is simply the first post in all the threads. That is where the book images for each one are. Anyone can click on the "discussion" button at the bottom and start up specific ones for each.

I don't see any need to change the existing article (first post with the images and text) unless it is to enhance or rename it.

Since we have them divided into books--I don't see why if someone has...for instance, the same copy of a signed numbered edition-but with a different number, that could be displayed as its own entry.

We could really take it as far as we like that way. Perhaps we don't even have the index by name on the main page but separate indexes by book state.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll leave the indexing question to you guys, but so far I like having all the entries there while I get used to it. It's fun to check out this way and compare different versions/editions of the same book.

I totally agree with you that having the first entry "fixed" is a good idea, especially since we can discuss the various books under their entries and add other information, pics, etc. there.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it may be the most comprehensive listing of SK books online or in print. If not, with wiki and continued improvement/updates, it will be.
    Outstanding job Matt.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just one more thing that sets this site apart. The development has been amazing. Thank you too for all your hard work Jerome.

I'm wondering about illustrations next. Should they have their own wiki (forum) with an article for each or should we incorporate them into this thing with a book category called "illustrations"

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just one more thing that sets this site apart. The development has been amazing. Thank you too for all your hard work Jerome.

I'm wondering about illustrations next. Should they have their own wiki (forum) with an article for each or should we incorporate them into this thing with a book category called "illustrations"
    How about putting the illustrations in the discussion thread for the appropriate book?

I think it would be preferable (and easiest) to be able to see everything concerning a particular edition in one place in the King Catalog. To me, that is the value of the Catalog - not having to bounce all over the site looking for info on a certain book.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good idea. The only snag would be that people have to browse through the article (thread) to see the images.

But I like the idea of having them together. Could we perhaps add the illustrations to the entry itself? Like--under the book images?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it may be the most comprehensive listing of SK books online or in print. If not, with wiki and continued improvement/updates, it will be.
    Outstanding job Matt.
    Just one more thing that sets this site apart. The development has been amazing. Thank you too for all your hard work Jerome. ...
    You are both to be commended, the King Catalog is an amazing amount of well-organized, detailed information.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good idea Matt. It is more work for you, but it does make each book entry all the more informative.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, you could edit the original entry, but given the amount of work that will take, it might be simpler (and less cluttered?) to just make illustrations the first discussion post. A lot of the illustrations are already in that one thread, so there's a head start.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good you guys, I really like the idea of having the illustrations attached to the book. In a lot of cases, that is what makes them unique.

I will figure out the easiest way to make it happen.

I also have a contract with John to add a whole bunch of ARC's so this thing should keep growing very well.

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Alright, now I'm excited. All of the work that has gone into this is impressive and I appreciate all of your efforts but proofs and ARCs are where my main interest lies. Although I can see most of them around a variety of places, it will be nice to have a main referrence site to check for information or just to window-shop.

Nate

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure John will provide a wealth of info/images.
    Lots of work for you Matt, but the end result (not to mention the current result) is going to be outstanding.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Heck yeah!

I am totally into it and I don't mind the work. The catalog will end up being one of the corner stones of the site.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be more than glad to share the pictures of what I own. The problem is that, due to some familial issues, I just don't have the time right now to supply anything but pictures of the front covers. Hopefully this situation will settle down some fairly soon, but...

I currently own 66 different US proofs and 32 UK ones. These are just those of King's works, not the anthologies, books about King, etc. I also own a few proof covers, a couple of which are different than those used in the actual book.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We can't wait to see what you have John and this is a long term and very ongoing project.

So don't worry about it and take your time. We'll keep folks chomping at the bit.

And let us know if there is anyway we can help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast