Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Would you buy an SK children's book?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 87.50%
  • No

3 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If...

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default If...

If Stephen King wrote a children's book would you buy it (comment with whether or not you would then read it to your kids)?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course I would buy it and share it with my children. My kids are older now but my daughters first SK book was TGWLTG pop-up.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yes I would. Eyes of the Dragon I believe was written for his children, was it not?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a completist--I'll buy anything King writes (especially fiction!)

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon pop-up book was aimed at kids, too.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of a pop-up version prior to this thread. And I might have been a little buzzed last night

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was crossing my fingers when Tom Gordon was published more of Mr. Kings other works would get the pop-up treatment. I would look forward to a children's book, and with today's technology it would be great if it was interactive.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

What John said. Although, having no kids I'd have to read it to my dog I guess.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean I shouldn't read Firestarter and Carrie to my little girl?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    You do what you wanna do , I stared reading DT at twelve. Idk if his wheelhouse would be bedtime stories for my kids though, that's part of why I was asking. And I'd like to be cross-genre (and had a good amount of good beer).

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    You do what you wanna do , I stared reading DT at twelve. Idk if his wheelhouse would be bedtime stories for my kids though, that's part of why I was asking. And I'd like to be cross-genre (and had a good amount of good beer).
    Nah I'm just joking around.
    I'd def buy a children's book by King. I'd have to buy two copies though, one for me, and one or my daughter lol.

I also read my first King book at 12. Cujo. I can't wait until Chloe is old enough to start reading them. I'm going to re read them all with her.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I used to read Rod Serling's Twilight Zone paperbacks a LONG time ago, when I was just a kid. I lent one to my aunt, who crossed off all the 'bad' words with a black sharpie. That was a two fold lesson, never lend your books to anyone, and keep your forbidden knowledge to yourself. And I turned out to be a pretty normal person despite the corrupting influence of all those filthy books I read.

Well, that actually depends on your concept of what a normal person is, of course.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I would absolutely love to add more King children's books to my library! First, I'm a completist as well and try to get my hands on anything King. Also, I can't wait to introduce my little one to King. I started reading King's works when I was 9 and had no "children's book" introduction. Dove in with Insomnia and quickly found that I liked drowning in his books! I have two copies of Tom Gordon - one specifically saved for my soon-to-arrive child. I have a pretty good recollection of which of King's works are a bit "softer" and could help ease a child into reading, so I plan to read aloud a few of those early on before letting the kid go wild on their own.

I'd especially like a Dark Tower children's story with Oy... since that inspired our nursery theme.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post

I'd especially like a Dark Tower children's story with Oy... since that inspired our nursery theme.
    What a marvelous idea
    Did you post the pictures somewhere? Did I miss them?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Our nursery is still unfinished... we just bought the paint and hope to have it done by the end of February. It will be full of raccoons... the closest we could get to bumblers. lol

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hell yes I'd buy it. No kids but IT'S STEPHEN KING!!!

I'd also never heard about TGWLTG pop up until last week when I found it at Half Price Books and bought it for $7.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stebbins: can you offer a more revealing title for this thread? I'll rename it if you tell me what you want it to be called. "If..." would only do for a Kipling thread, bears think.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Stebbins: can you offer a more revealing title for this thread? I'll rename it if you tell me what you want it to be called. "If..." would only do for a Kipling thread, bears think.
    At first, I thought King was writing an "It" sequel.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I would definitely buy it. I would then read it and see which of my grand-kids it was appropriate for and likely buy them copies.
    King is fabulous in character development and has shown insights of how kids think and look at things.
    I imagine if he wrote some new stories with children in mind they would be great towards making kids look at themselves and others in ways they may not have thought to..

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Id buy it, read it and put it so my kids can't get their mucky hands on it... lol. Just joking id love a children's collection of short stories to get my kids into SK...

+ Reply to Thread