Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Carrie" -- Slip Cases and Tray Cases by bookslipcase.com

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default "Carrie" -- Slip Cases and Tray Cases by bookslipcase.com

Many of you may have already heard, but I thought I’d post it here also. I have a two-part offering of cases for the first edition of “Carrie”.

Slip Cases

The first part consists of a Slip Case. The only limitation on these is that there will not be more than 60 made. It will be engraved with your choice of one of the original pieces by Rachel Readman - see pics. Even though it won’t have the additional art or letter designation of the tray cases, it will be similar in design and material but is substantially less expensive – made of Maple with ‘streaked’ Maple spine, a spine label matching the ones used for the Lettered Cases and black felt liner ~~ This will be available for $135. I will have some of these available to ship by the end of February.

If you’d like to order a slip case or would like more info please email me at info@bookslipcase.com. Feel free to PM me but be aware, I'm much quicker responding to emails.....

The second part of the offer is for Matching Lettered "Carrie" cases. These will only be available for those that purchased one of the "Salem's Lot" Lettered cases. All of the ‘Lot purchasers should have received an email with this offer in December. If you didn’t get one or otherwise need to get in touch with me about them, feel free to email me at info@bookslipcase.com. (or you can PM) These traycases will be engraved with your choice of one of the cover engravings shown below, will have your matching Letter and will also have one piece of original art produced by Rachel Readman mounted on the inside of the lid.

Original Art Engravings

The pic below is an example of Rachels' art and is an example of one of the original pieces that will be contained in this case. Rachel has said that it will be a 'mixed-bag' - some oils, some water-colors, some colored-pencil, etc. Please visit her website at http://www.rachelreadman.com

Original Additional Art

"Carrie" will be the final case of the matching set of cases that started with "Night Shift" (art by Glen Chadbourne) - then to "The Shining" (Glen Chadbourne and Erin Wells art) - and then to "Salem's Lot" (Glen Chadbourne and Ned Dameron art).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch......
    Dick
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As always, Dick these will rock!!! Rachel was an inspired choice of artist!!!!! They look to be just incredible!!

I really LOVE that art of "Carrie" in the school and the fire!!! Awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck with selling them Dick, again, if I wasn't saving for a wedding!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I love that artwork.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won't be ordering one, but I love that Carrie art!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah very cool! A nice piece to finish off the set.
    I also love the fact you are doing a slipcase option too. If I had a first edition Carrie, I'd be real keen.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had a couple questions on the cover art ....

Rachel did take a little 'artistic license' with the art used for the engraving below. The piece is meant to represent (and to my mind succeeded in representing) several of the main themes of the story --- the fire surrounding her overbearing and zealously religious mother who is pictured on the cross. The eyes looking down being the 'hidden' girl/ second personality/unrealised power that only presents herself later.

(I wonder if "zealously" is even a word.....???)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very "insightful" pieces!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That one is my favorite of the two. Also, I really love that sample artwork that you showed in the first post. Rachel is a quite talented artist.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That one is my favorite of the two. Also, I really love that sample artwork that you showed in the first post. Rachel is a quite talented artist.
    Yes, She is most certainly!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Wow, that is just incredible.

Country
    Country Flag

She says that this is also oil on Belgian linen-boards. I am VERY impressed with Rachels' work. I might get a couple extras of these for myself!!

www.bookslipcase.com

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    She says that this is also oil on Belgian linen-boards. I am VERY impressed with Rachels' work. I might get a couple extras of these for myself!!

a great piece - too bad I kinda keep kosher - I think this goes against a few things for me...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like that piece too. She does some great work for sure.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Wow!
    Ditto!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

From the first page of “Carrie”……

“August 19, 1966

It was reliably reported by several persons that a rain of stones fell from a clear blue sky on Carlin Street in the town of Chamberlain on August 17th. The stones fell principally on the home of Mrs. Margaret White, damaging the roof extensively and ruining two gutters and a downspout valued at approximately $25. Mrs. White, a widow, lives with her three-year old daughter, Carietta.
    Mrs. White could not be reached for comment.”

In all honesty, I hadn't read this book in over 30 years until I received this piece. I had to go back and read it again to refresh my memory!

I think this is one of the iconic scenes that everyone remembers!

www.bookslipcase.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really glad I've got my down payment in on one of these!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Way cool, can't wait to see what pieces will go with mine when the times comes -- awesome stuff !!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Way cool, can't wait to see what pieces will go with mine when the times comes -- awesome stuff !!!
    I already have mine!!! I'm on the "Christmas Card" list!!!! LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, guess I'm on the same Xmas List aye mate ????

We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Hmm, guess I'm on the same Xmas List aye mate ????

Dolso is "two-timing" me? LOL Rightly so, Grant you rock almost as much as I!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

As always, Wild Bill, your modesty is outweighed only by your chiseled good looks
    We all float down here!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast