Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: "Carrie" -- Slip Cases and Tray Cases by bookslipcase.com

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I should post this here too, my Carrie Artist case courtesy of Mr. Olson. A fine piece of craftsmanship. It's been a pleasure to work with you Dick and I look forward to doing some more soon!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel - Surely you have some internal artwork to add, right???

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not yet, but maybe when I have time to do something. Seems a bit odd having my own artwork in my collection though. I'll probably try to save up for a 1st/1st copy of Carrie to go in it too but that could take me quite some time!

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rachel your art for this project was great! Did you have any personal favorites?

Ken

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Not yet, but maybe when I have time to do something. Seems a bit odd having my own artwork in my collection though. I'll probably try to save up for a 1st/1st copy of Carrie to go in it too but that could take me quite some time!
    Why not have Glenn Chadbourne do it for you? He's done these cases before and I am sure he'd give you the "Family & Friend" discount!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I got my Carrie case the other day. Mine was one of the four or five that was delayed. The artwork was a little thicker than the others and Dick had to rework the case a bit to make it fit. This one is by far my favorite in the series so far. According to Dick, Rachel painted this one on "Belgian Linen Panels" which looks like sort of a miniature canvas on a wood frame. Dick always does a fine job on these and Rachel really made these special. Thanks to both of you!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Bob!!! Very, very nice.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic news Bob, you're very welcome! I'm happy to see that you got it safely and thanks for your praise on the artwork that you received. The belgian linen panels are great to work on, I love the lead-like surface. They are hand-oil primed and pumiced, probably my top choice of painting surface I have tried so far.

I was beginning to wonder if these had got to people OK as I've only seen Garell and yourself post to say they had them. I'm interested to know who got which artwork.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Rachel are the Belgian linen panels stretched on a frame, over a board, etc.? They look great, I usually paint on Masonite, but would be interested in giving something new a try.

Ken

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Ken, you can buy it by the roll and DIY it any way you like, just as you would with regular canvas. Frame, board whatever you like! You have to staple or nail, stretch, glue, prep and prime it yourself this way of course.

Some places you can get it ready stretched and primed etc and on board as well but you would have to check over in the US if anyone has it and what it costs.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic news Bob, you're very welcome! I'm happy to see that you got it safely and thanks for your praise on the artwork that you received. The belgian linen panels are great to work on, I love the lead-like surface. They are hand-oil primed and pumiced, probably my top choice of painting surface I have tried so far.

I was beginning to wonder if these had got to people OK as I've only seen Garell and yourself post to say they had them. I'm interested to know who got which artwork.
    Mine was the etching with "blood" paint and I love it soo much
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've received one of two thus far (the other will be included in another shipment from Dick in September) and I have to say that the art (Rachel) and the case (Dick) are nothing short of brilliant and compliments the other Lettered cases in the series fantastically (pix over the coming weekend)
    We all float down here!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I missed so much! I followed this thread until about halfway through and then ... I don't know. I don't remember the last half of the art pieces shown. Fucking amazing.

Going through RR's threads here to steal some of her artwork to showcase in another thread shortly ...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this thread would have gone into the archive of oblivian.

Still don't know who got each piece in their cases other than Bob, Grant and Garell but I think Dick did say they were all sold, just not to collectors who are members here, which is interesting as I thought they would have all gone to members.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We're capable of sharing the love (albeit reluctantly) outside the forum (sometimes, and often under duress)
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    We're capable of sharing the love (albeit reluctantly) outside the forum (sometimes, and often under duress)
    All very true I am afraid.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's in no way a bad thing!
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    'Outside the forum' ??? what is this 'outside' you speak of?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

WTB: A lettered Carrie w/art Case. If any of you lucky folk who got one ever want to part with it, I'd appreciate a shot at acquiring one. Thanks!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    WTB: A lettered Carrie w/art Case. If any of you lucky folk who got one ever want to part with it, I'd appreciate a shot at acquiring one. Thanks!
    Jerome, may likely be your best shot. I'm pretty sure he has multiple editions of each and may be persuaded to deal. FWIW

Betts (David) may also be able to help.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6