Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: HAPPY BURNS NIGHT

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great! bears have eaten haggis a few times, by the way

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    great! bears have eaten haggis a few times, by the way
    ...and if you have eaten haggis, great bears too...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, how did I miss this! Thoroughly enjoyed the video, btw
    I have never tried haggis - my problem is that I am not adventurous when it comes to food (an observation made by a former business partner, who used to take me and my coworkers to various restaurants when we were visiting in San Francisco).
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

a big surprise for bears! I thought most, if not all, Russians were eager to try anything in this life. Especially food. (No, especially drinks).

I ate haggis in Edinburgh. Remember the fried meat pies (жареные пирожки с мясом) they used to sell on the street for 10 kop.? (probably you're too young to remember...) Well, they tasted remarkably like haggis.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, does that make me someone other than Russian? I am open to suggestions.

I do remember those meat pies - my mom would never let me eat them, and I know that a popular rumour was that there was cat (kitten) meat in those pies Now that you mention that they tasted very similar to haggis, I think I know what those pies contained.
    I still cannot make myself buy meat pies anywhere, except a couple of bakeries/cafes.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. In other words, "с кошачком". I've eaten tons of them, they were the most nourishing of the cheapest...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Hmm, does that make me someone other than Russian? I am open to suggestions.

I do remember those meat pies - my mom would never let me eat them, and I know that a popular rumour was that there was cat (kitten) meat in those pies Now that you mention that they tasted very similar to haggis, I think I know what those pies contained.
    I still cannot make myself buy meat pies anywhere, except a couple of bakeries/cafes.
    Indeed...pussy does undoubtedly have its own peculiar taste!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag