Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: cit74

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess this caries the compilations theme a little longer, only slightly though:

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yet another of my SC acquired books:

Country
    Country Flag

And now on to Joe's books:

Country
    Country Flag

I do have a HC of 20th century ghosts coming soon:

Country
    Country Flag

And I guess are some for everyone who's on the fence about Gabriel's artwork for The Shining:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Coupla things, Chad.

1. Very, very nice "stuff"!!!!!

2. Don't worry about the amount of pics!!! Have you seen the other collection threads? LOL

3. A 4 yr old and a 24 yr old? Dude, you gotta get outta the Computer room more often!!! LOL LOL LOL

4. Now remember, I am somewhat OCD, but I think you need to do some organizing there!! LOL

MORE PICS!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Great stuff!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

thanks all - off to the city for a date with my wife, and then one of the local charity crab feed diners - so more pictures later or tomorrow...and as for the 4 and 24 year olds - the 4 year olds mine....

Country
    Country Flag

oh and the next group will be my Neil Gaiman books and related items (probably my largest amount)...and the saga of Miracleman which got me into this whole mess anyway. As for organizing - gotta work with what I have. So once its read - it usually gets moved to a new place to make room for new books. Until of course my wife gets her wish and we move into a new custom home - in that case I have been promised a wine cellar/reading room (I have it all planned out it should be great - although not as expansive as Gaiman's home library - I've seen photos of that - it is humongous - looks like a true library or book store). Since for now our wine (we only live 35 minutes from Napa - so after 12 years here grown accustomed to the local flavor) - is in a make-shift cellar under the stairs - if Harry Potter lived here he'd be drunk for weeks by now. As for organization (again) - I do try and keep all of the authors books together - so that is a start

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    thanks all - off to the city for a date with my wife, and then one of the local charity crab feed diners - so more pictures later or tomorrow...and as for the 4 and 24 year olds - the 4 year olds mine....
    I was just fooling about. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Joe Hill Collection !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - I guess one more reason to enjoy my iCrack - I can still post my photos while my wife is busy working on the computer (although I can't upload any more right now)
    If you are using photobucket to upload your pictures, and assuming you have an iphone or ipad, you can actually do it all from your device. Download the photobucket app and either upload pictures via the app or take pictures directly from the app. Then you can see the links that can be pasted into the forum (the [img] coded one) and voila, taking, uploading, and posting without having to touch you computer.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're building up quite the head of steam here Chad - great stuff mate !!!
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just now saw this thread. Nice stuff. I like the bookcases, and I also like the Bradbury, the FROM HELL's, and I even saw a musical instrument strumming away there.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I saw all those absolute and oversized comic book collections and had to do a double take - I thought I was looking at my collection for a second. I saw Swamp Thing HCs, all Sandman books, Hellboy, Alan Moore, Preacher, The Walking Dead etc. So yeah.. I like what I'm seeing.

Are you getting the annotated Sandman books? I'm on the fence. It's like first seeing a great magic trick and then seeing how it's done. Sometimes it's better not knowing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Wow - I guess one more reason to enjoy my iCrack - I can still post my photos while my wife is busy working on the computer (although I can't upload any more right now)
    If you are using photobucket to upload your pictures, and assuming you have an iphone or ipad, you can actually do it all from your device. Download the photobucket app and either upload pictures via the app or take pictures directly from the app. Then you can see the links that can be pasted into the forum (the [img] coded one) and voila, taking, uploading, and posting without having to touch you computer.

Thanks for the info on the app - I will definitely use that in the future.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just now saw this thread. Nice stuff. I like the bookcases, and I also like the Bradbury, the FROM HELL's, and I even saw a musical instrument strumming away there.
    Yes - the fender guitar will have a better picture once all of the books are posted - kind of a teaser in the background. The lead singer for papa roach (jacoby shaddix) is from Vacaville (where we live now) and he sand at a charity event last year - and signed a few guitars - this one was inscribed to my son Caleb.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I saw all those absolute and oversized comic book collections and had to do a double take - I thought I was looking at my collection for a second. I saw Swamp Thing HCs, all Sandman books, Hellboy, Alan Moore, Preacher, The Walking Dead etc. So yeah.. I like what I'm seeing.

Are you getting the annotated Sandman books? I'm on the fence. It's like first seeing a great magic trick and then seeing how it's done. Sometimes it's better not knowing.
    I just enjoy the oversized absolute sandman edition (plus I have 2-3 books annotating the whole series) so I doubt I will get any of the annotated series (not inclined for another money-grab). The original paperbacks are stowed away in one of the bookshelves - those will be the ones Caleb gets to read first.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never read any Sandman ... I take it you recommend it? lol

Country
    Country Flag

So here is the start to the gaiman books - which actually began by reading Watchmen by Alan Moore, and reading most of his works. From there I read the short lived warrior magazine (I have 2 full print runs of all 26 magazines - not pictured - the start of marvelman), as well as the only individual comics that I own - being the miracleman series (24 issues, never completely finished - again 2 full copies of the entire run). Alan Moore wrote the first 16 issues and gaiman took over from 17-24. Needless to say this is a great story and the true back story and legal issues are just as compelling. If anyone is really interested in the story - I'd be happy to sell one of my complete miracleman collections (just pm me). Long story short - onto the pics and where my collection really began. Here are the trades:

Country
    Country Flag

And here are all of the HC:

This is book 1 - but in French - and in much nicer condition that my English book 1 - plus a cooler cover in my opinion

And here is my prize - book 3 - Olympus still in shrink wrap

And the original gaiman comic that was packaged with it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast