Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: cit74

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book collection: cit74

Well I have finally covered my books and taken all of the pictures. So the next step is to upload my photos (thank you Eric for the helpful steps) - so in the next few days I should be posting a bunch of new pics - the only thing I can guarantee is that less than 5% will have King's signature...and the collection is extremely varied.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

looking forward to it!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I guess I need to start with some book cases

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great start Chad - looking forward seeing more !!!!
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Okay I think I am getting the hang of this - here is book case #2

That was a small one - the series to the left is the HC Sin City books 1-6

Country
    Country Flag

Book Case #3

Country
    Country Flag

book Case #4

Country
    Country Flag

And Lastly - tucked into the corner book case #5 - Here are my older books - all of my King, Koontz, Crichton, Straub that I read before college - that are tucked and stacked away and barely visible

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Is that complete farside the signed one?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Is that complete farside the signed one?
    Yes it is - I forgot to take a picture of that one (on slate for tomorrow) but I will put that up (as well as the signed/numbered print that came with the set). I had a copy of the unsigned version - but I moved that on to my friends kids for christmas this year - 2 volumes, 2 kids - figured they needed to start with something great

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesus, that's a lot of stuff! I like what I'm seeing, but with everything so spread out, how do you keep track of what you have?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Jesus, that's a lot of stuff! I like what I'm seeing, but with everything so spread out, how do you keep track of what you have?
    Keep track of stuff??? The book shelves are actually just in two rooms - our bedroom and the loft. So far my memory is pretty good - I have to keep track of most things in the house, like where is the 4 year old, where is the 24 year old...why is she calling me to meet her at a gas station, all those things. Plus I think by taking the photos today and posting them here that will help me remember where things are (wait until you see the mess that is my son's room - good thing about having a boy - I was able to make my sports shrine - and put it in his room).

Country
    Country Flag

I only took pics of the signed books and some of the more unique items - so don't worry I will try not to inundate everyone with photos - but I like my camera...if you see something on the shelf and want a better pic (if it hasn't been taken already) I will gladly snap a few shots and post them - I think next on my list is some sort of spreadsheet

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DON'T DO A SPREADSHEET! I started cataloging just my collection, and now I am cataloging every King item known to man. It's a slippery slope!

lol, what are your three favorite King items and your three favorite non-King items? And why?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    DON'T DO A SPREADSHEET! I started cataloging just my collection, and now I am cataloging every King item known to man. It's a slippery slope!

lol, what are your three favorite King items and your three favorite non-King items? And why?
    hhmm...3 favorite king items - I do not have much so there is not a lot to choose from:
    1) Postscripts #10 - I just like the fact of having him and his son together in the same book, signed on the same page
    2) Shining s/l - I know I do not have it yet - but this will be the first stand alone king book that I will own (or at least pay for in a week) - and maybe see in a year...
    3) this is an eventuality - a signed copy of The Stand - my all time favorite king book - so this will be a goal of mine

Non-king Items:
    Now this is much tougher since there a lot more to choose from...and you will have to wait to see these pics - since I think I will do one "group" each day
    3) Philly sports items (I know this is three)
    a) signed book by Bernie Parent (only goalie to lead the flyers to a stanley cup-twice) - inscribed to my son
    b) signed game day ticket of the perfect game that Roy "Doc" Halladay threw
    c) signed baseball from Cole Hamels - the day my son and I went to a Phillies-Giants game
    2) Obviously something from Neil Gaiman (the largest part of my collection)- so this would have to be Coraline signed and numbered hobby market HC (limited to 4000 books and only about 170 signed and numbered); although a close second would be Olympus - Miracleman Book #3 - HC - pristine, still in shrink wrap - I doubt there are many like this around - for that matter the whole HC series of Miracleman (including French version of Book 1)
    1) Ralph McQuarrie - signed the art of Star Wars HC - for Celebration Japan - text in Japanese of course (only 100 printed)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great start ... a lot of nice stuff !!!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Collection cit74,
    It's so nice to see new collection threads.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful collection. I love the leatherbound sandman books.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great!

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Keep the pictures coming!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection! I love book lovers

Country
    Country Flag

Okay so I will start with my King signed books - so far just in few compilations - I know most of you have these already:

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - I guess one more reason to enjoy my iCrack - I can still post my photos while my wife is busy working on the computer (although I can't upload any more right now)

Country
    Country Flag

I think I should thank Simon for a lot of books in my collection - here's another one (plus legacies above)

Sorry for the shadows - it was late when I shot these - so they will creep up in a few

Country
    Country Flag

And here is my last king signed book - and ready to make the transition to Hill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast