Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower: Evil Ground

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower: Evil Ground

DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER - EVIL GROUND #1 (of 2)

ROBIN FURTH and PETER DAVID (W)
    RICHARD ISANOVE (A/C)

While traveling through the Desatoya Mountains towards Eluria, Roland comes across a haunted camp. While there, he relives one of his past adventures, in which he and his ka-tet fought Farson's forces, only to be trapped by supernatural enemies. A fascinating prequel to THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA, and also a return to Roland's much-loved early adventures, EVIL GROUND is a must-read for all Dark Tower fans.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Debuts in April

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Bev
    Does King have any input into this series?
    Jon

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Robin always runs ideas past him. I asked about that in my interview with him for the Dark Tower Companion. His response was interesting!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Really looking forward to your new book.
    Thanks
    Jon

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They're still milking this?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's great. Brings a younger audience to actually King books. Good stuff.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

I think I remember them saying that when the series was renewed past the first 30 issues that there would be another 30 issues.

Since each of the 5 series so far have only been 5 issues each, it could be that they're doing these two issues along with the 2 Sheemie issues and maybe another one-shot to fill out the other 5 issues and enable them to do another hardcover.

I was actually curious at what they were planning to do if they had only had the 2 Sheemie issues as stragglers since they love to collect things into HC for double-dipping.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Robin always runs ideas past him. I asked about that in my interview with him for the Dark Tower Companion. His response was interesting!
    I bet!

I've been hot-and-cold on the comics overall, but some of them have been good. I really liked the first issue of Sheemie's Tale, for example, and Evil Ground sounds interesting. I'm happy to see Richard Isanove doing the art; he does good work, and one of the major problems I've had with the comics is that some of the artists who've worked on The Gunslinger have been ... well, let's just be charitable and say they didn't fit in as well as they might have.

I interviewed quite a few of the artists for my book -- it's interesting to hear their varying approaches to the work. And there's one great anecdote about the model that was used for Sylvia Pittston in Tull series.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I interviewed quite a few of the artists for my book -- it's interesting to hear their varying approaches to the work. And there's one great anecdote about the model that was used for Sylvia Pittston in Tull series.
    Well, I was already going to be buying your new book, but now I'm even more excited about it!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw this thread. I wonder what all is planned for the comics? I wonder if they will go onto the drawing of the three book and beyond?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have most of the Dark Tower comics, but stopped reading when they started overlapping with The Gunslinger. (For me the comics are about the new stories. That being said I enjoyed Gunslinger Born which is predominantly a retelling of a large chunk of Wizard and Glass but that did include a lot of new material.)

Sheemie's tale (and it seems I'm out of date on that! I didn't realise it was out already.) and this though... yes. Right up my street.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it in reference to the model who
    Spoiler:
    died from lukemia and King sent the autographed book to a benefit auction for
    her and the people running it kept the book
    ?

It is in reference to that, but I didn't hear about either of those outcomes.
    Spoiler:
    1) that she died and 2) that they kept the book

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if this will be combined with Sheemie for the hardcover?

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Evil Ground #2

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Wonder if this will be combined with Sheemie for the hardcover?
    Either that or Marvel will hold both out and include them only in the omnibus, if an omnibus is made.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Both options are cool!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping for another two parter after Evil Ground so they can combine all three into a new hardcover.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So I just got an email from my local store that they will have Evil Ground this Wednesday.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty cool! I'm pretty interested in this arc.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see this at my comic store. Marvel says it hits stores April 3. Has anyone seen this yet?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I didn't see this at my comic store. Marvel says it hits stores April 3. Has anyone seen this yet?
    It's not out until April 3 according to TFAW.com, which is the most useful online comic store I know of.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Comic stores don't always get all of the titles that are released and set them on the shelves. Better to tell them ahead of time that you are interested in it if you plan to buy there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast