Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: which star trek was the best?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • the original

34 34.34%
  • next generation

47 47.47%
  • DS9

11 11.11%
  • voyager

6 6.06%
  • enterprise

1 1.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boldly Go... Star Trek Discussion Thread

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just borrowed Mind Meld: Secrets Behind the Voyage of a Lifetime (2001) from a coworker. Of course it is a LOST night, so I'll be watching it tomorrow.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

oo that looks good woofer, let me know what it like

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

candy, I will do that. I'm looking forward to it. The Shat. *snicker*

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

O Captain My Captain !

Go boldly to the palace — and arise, Sir Patrick

LONDON – Patrick Stewart has been upgraded from captain — to knight.

The actor — famous for playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" — officially became Sir Patrick Stewart when he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

While "Star Trek" introduced him to a different group of fans, Stewart is also a widely respected stage actor.

The 69-year-old actor discovered the theater as a child, and said "my heroes were Sir Laurence Olivier, Sir John Gielgud, Sir Alec Guinness." Being "in that company is the grandest thing that has professionally happened to me."

Stewart joined Britain's storied Royal Shakespeare Company in his 20s, and in 2008 was nominated for a Tony award for the leading role in "Macbeth."
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Gay

O Captain My Captain ! - turtlex

Go boldly to the palace — and arise, Sir Patrick

LONDON – Patrick Stewart has been upgraded from captain — to knight.

The actor — famous for playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" — officially became Sir Patrick Stewart when he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

While "Star Trek" introduced him to a different group of fans, Stewart is also a widely respected stage actor.

The 69-year-old actor discovered the theater as a child, and said "my heroes were Sir Laurence Olivier, Sir John Gielgud, Sir Alec Guinness." Being "in that company is the grandest thing that has professionally happened to me."

Stewart joined Britain's storied Royal Shakespeare Company in his 20s, and in 2008 was nominated for a Tony award for the leading role in "Macbeth."

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think I speak for many a fan here, not just of Star Trek, but of Patrick Stewart and his awesomeness in general, when I say...

Spoiler:
    'Bout fucking time!!!!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah - good for sir patrick

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : Quinto is to star in Angels In America ... Info In The Big Gay News Day Thread - Click Here

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen every episode of Voyager at least five times, and I've memorized more than a few It is, by far, my favorite Star Trek series.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Aye yup. But TNG is great as is DS9.

But What is holding the producers from making a new ST???
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Aye yup. But TNG is great as is DS9.

But What is holding the producers from making a new ST???
    How popular Enterprise was? Or the fact that the film pretty much reset everything for the franchise?

I didn't mind the film, but I'm always going to prefer TNG over...well, every other ST series, tbh. You had Sir Patrick Stewart, an android that wanted to be human, and a beard. What could be better?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

this amused me;

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

I love that!!!

My Mood
    Gay

Flipping, I love Star Trek:TNG !!!

Watching The Best Of Both Worlds ( part 2 ) right now on BBC America. This is one of my favorite all time episodes. This show, really, was terrific.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

We need to revive this thread.... I have so much good stuff to share!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    We need to revive this thread.... I have so much good stuff to share!
    Yes, revive this thread! Share please, I want to know everything and anything!! I am a big time trekkie for many years and I love them all but especially the original and TNG. My Captain Picard doll sits on my shelf in the living room with my most prized possessions!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted this also in the BS News thread if ya haven't seen it there thought you would all get a kick out of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...vy-seal-emblem

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats Awesome

Here is a must have for any Star Trek fan
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/bd88/
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Star Trek quotes from me:

"I relate to Kirk in that I am extremely faithful and loyal to my friends, and when I love - even if it's a short love - I love completely. But then, I'm kinda like McCoy in that I don't always find what's best for me, but I keep trying anyways, and I try to keep my sense of humor as my shield and my release."

And "Love is like the Kobayashi Maru. It doesn't mean you'll win, but you're always a better person for having tried."

My Mood
    Worried

Wooooooooooooooooooooooot! Leonard Nimoy!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Worried

Two of the funniest and greatest songs by William Shatner (besides Rocket Man)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post

Wooooooooooooooooooooooot! Leonard Nimoy!!!!!!!
    I hadn't seen this before but it's hilarious! I love when he gives the car the finger, and when he steps towards the kid at the grocery store!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Worried

I love when he's standing in front of the mirror, using his Vulcan salute as guns, and when he sits to watch tv and nothing is on but William Shatner!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Star Trek: The Next Generation - Remastered in HD

Absolutely breathtaking news:

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/

Lots of interesting details there! Including this awesome teaser:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...xt-Level/15997
    You've heard the rumors, and now StarTrek.com can officially confirm it: Star Trek: The Next Generation will be released in high-definition Blu-ray, starting in January with a sampler of several popular episodes, followed by a season-one set to be released later on in 2012, and subsequent seasons beaming down after that. Each of the 178 episodes spanning The Next Generation's seven seasons will be transferred to true high-definition 1080p for release in the Blu-ray format and, eventually, for runs on television and digital platforms in the U.S. and across the world. Star Trek: The Next Generation will, as fans know, be celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012.

"Fans have been clamoring for a high-definition release of Star Trek: The Next Generation," Ken Ross, Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Entertainment, said in a statement. "Transferring the series to high-definition presented difficult technical challenges, but our team has come up with a process to create true 1080p HD masters with true HD visual effects. We can't wait to show fans how pristine the series looks and sounds with our upcoming Blu-ray releases."

CBS is, in fact, returning to the original film negatives, a mother lode of material encompassing 25,000-plus reels of footage, and editing the episodes together precisely as they were when they originally aired between 1987 and 1994. Visual effects will not be upconverted from videotape, but instead will be recompositioned. The freshly cut film will ultimately be transferred to high definition with 7.1 DTS Master Audio. And all of the work is being done in conjunction with respected, longtime Star Trek figures Denise and Michael Okuda, who are on board as consultants.

As for that sampler, it will be called Star Trek: The Next Generation -- The Next Level. CBS Home Entertainment has set a January 31, 2012, release date for the single disc, which will include the feature-length version of the series pilot, "Encounter at Farpoint," as well the fan-favorite episodes "Sins of the Father" and "The Inner Light," the former from season three and the latter from season five. The Next Level will sell for the suggested retail price of $21.99.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast