Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: which star trek was the best?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • the original

34 34.34%
  • next generation

47 47.47%
  • DS9

11 11.11%
  • voyager

6 6.06%
  • enterprise

1 1.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boldly Go... Star Trek Discussion Thread

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I know The Next Gen tried to be more realistic with it, but I really liked how Kirk would go on the away missions instead of sending someone else. I mean there might be a woman he hadn't slept with down on the planet!!!

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Here you go TerribleT:

And we all know this one:

And this is so darn funny because that is EXACTLY what happened in the episode:

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My favorite is TNG, by far. I just love love love Data.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Traveler Lefty Writer is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

For me, it was a tough choice between the original and TNG. In the end, I voted for TNG just because I enjoyed watching the way Data interacted with the rest of the crew.
    carpe cerevisi

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I just think the whole deal was much better for TNG. The first series was groundbreaking in every way but I felt like it "grew up" in TNG.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Data was my favorite ST character ever.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I got to meet Brent Spiner this past summer at DragonCon. He was such a nice, genuine guy.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

William Shatner does a commercial for a law firm in Kentucky now. It makes me sad.

TNG is my favorite.

You know who is way more awesome now than he was when he was on TNG? Wil Wheaton(http://www.wilwheaton.net/)

His book Dancing Barefoot has a story in it about his first encounter with William Shatner and why he will only ever refer to him as "William Fucking Shatner" now.

He has another book called Just a Geek as well.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Oh, the Shatner story can be found here, perhaps it will entice you to pick up the book.

Part 1: http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/20562/

Part 2: http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/20634/

It is hosted on Sucice Girls, but should, most likely, be work safe as long as you don't navigate off of the story pages.

It really is a great story and very well written. I highly suggest reading it if you are a Star Trek fan.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jonn Wolfe is on a distinguished road Jonn Wolfe's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picked DS9 since it had the most consistent story line.

However, I'm a TOS junkie.

Anyone seen New Voyages? They're awesome!
    http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/

A few motivators I did.
    Star Trek New Voyages.

Star Trek Original Series

Enterprise

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Oh, the Shatner story can be found here, perhaps it will entice you to pick up the book.

Part 1: http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/20562/

Part 2: http://suicidegirls.com/news/geek/20634/

It is hosted on Sucice Girls, but should, most likely, be work safe as long as you don't navigate off of the story pages.

It really is a great story and very well written. I highly suggest reading it if you are a Star Trek fan.
    mmmmmm suicide girls....I watched a documentary last night about a mission to Mars narrated by old Billy boy, it's one of the few times he didn't irritate me.
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

*Streaks naked thru thread*

Trekkies! Trekkies!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

Default Star Trek

im really not sure if anyone made this thread already, but i decided, what the hell. i'd put this up in a Sci-Fi forum if there was one, but it fits this catagory aswell. basicly its an open discussion on all of the seires.

Country
    Country Flag

There is a poll somewhere regarding it, but it's all good.

The Next Generation was my fav.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HanzouNorak View Post
    im really not sure if anyone made this thread already, but i decided, what the hell. i'd put this up in a Sci-Fi forum if there was one, but it fits this catagory aswell. basicly its an open discussion on all of the seires.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ghlight=boldly
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Interplay Fan HanzouNorak is on a distinguished road HanzouNorak's Avatar

eh that was a poll thread, plus the last post is like ten days old, this thread is more to discuss it rather that debate which is better.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm curious on what is so intriguing about Star Treak. The original series is horrible, at least to me. Too cheesy and corny I can't watch it. Next Generation was a quality series and I watched it but wasn't religious about it. I just plain don't understand why they made Deep Space Nine. Voyager was decent, but Janeway is really a robot. Never saw Enterprise and it seems no one else did either.

Star Trek movies 1,000 times better than all the shows. Well, except for The Undiscovered Country.

Country
    Country Flag

The original series felt cutting edge and state of the art in the 70's.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    More like in the 60's.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love Star "Trek! I have over 150 star trek books, all the movies, some of the series and I'm just obsessed... live long and prosper!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    And they've felt anything but ever since.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I dunno I think the original series has never lost its appeal completely. Why else would they be making it into yet another movie after all the other spin offs haven't done half as well - excepting the next generation.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The same reason they made Miami Vice, Starsky and Hutch, brought back American Gladiators. Nostalgic value. I'm not sure if I could watch Star Trek with Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg in it. That just...isn't Star Trek and I didn't even like the original series though I enjoyed a few of the original cast movies.

I really think my enjoyment of Trek was done with Nemesis. I loved Next Generation, can't say I'm a big fan of any of the other series though Voyager was alright. I watched that when I was young.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Worried

I loved Nemesis...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast