Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcements

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King confirms The Dark Tower Movie
    Posted on Monday, February 26th, 2007 at 5:40 am by: Peter Sciretta

Remember last week when we told you that JJ Abrams might be directing an adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series? Well it looks like this rumor is true.

King confirmed the news to a crowded room at the New York Comic-Con:

“I know J.J. Abrams’ work and Damon Lindelof, who is his collaborator on Lost. Damon is just a total comic-book freak, and he loves the Dark Tower books. I trust those guys, and they have a lot on the ball. When they said they wanted to talk about doing this, I said, ‘You know what? Why don’t you buy the option on this and see what you can come up with.’ They asked, ‘How much do you want for an option?’ I said, ‘$19.’ (A key amount that comes up frequently in the books) And that’s what they paid me, and that’s where it is.”

“I said no to everybody until recently, because I didn’t think much of the chances of it being a good movie,” King told the crowd. “I mean, this is my life’s work, since the time I was 22 years old. It’s very important to me. Usually, with the other [books], I don’t give much of a shit. My attitude is, ‘Go make a movie, and if it’s good, that’s terrific, and if it’s bad, then it will go to the video stores and back shelves of Blockbuster, and I still get royalties on the book.’”

King also revealed that he turned down an offer from longtime collaborator Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile):

“Frank did come to me, and I know Frank from before either one of us had a pot to piss in. Frank said, ‘Gee, I’d like to do Dark Tower.’ I said, ‘Frank, give me a break! You’ve got The Mist, The Monkey. You’ve got the prison stories. … Stop putting so much on your plate!’”

May-be I’m missing something but, why wouldn’t king trust Darabont with Dark Tower? His previous adaptations are arguably some of King’s best movies. Well, for right now it looks like Abrams and Lindelof have their chance, but who knows when, where or if we’ll ever see the result.

The Dark Tower is a epic series of seven books written by King from 1982 to 2004. The story follows Roland Deschain�s quest for the �Dark Tower,� which is often described as a real structure, and also as a metaphor.

Update: JJ Abrams is now in pre production to direct Star Trek 11, and has a reported six projects in varied stages of development (including Cloverfield/1-18-08). So there is no word on when Abrams might find time for this project.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I officially have a brand new sis Kristina was born yesterday...

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger1987 View Post
    I officially have a brand new sis Kristina was born yesterday...
    WOOHOO!! Welcome to the world Kristina. Congratulations gunslinger!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As some of you may know, we have had a bit of email SPAM and vandalism to our Arcade by people who sign up but never post.

The admin decided against a validation email program for new members because these may in fact be real people--meaning they could use a real email addy and simply validate.

The one they they don't seem to do is post so a new rule is being implemented for new members.

You must have 5 posts to begin using various things on the board including the PM system, the Arcade, Member Map, gallery...all of it.

Until you reach 5 you are basically a guest that can post.

We decided 5 posts would be enough to endear a would be spammer to our community and hopefully reconsider.

We'll see how it goes.

Feel free to post questions about it here.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That sounds like a good idea Matt, considering
    that some of the suff we post can be personal
    in nature , so yeah thanks for looking out for
    us.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

And Now..............................................

Man: You sit here, dear.
    Wife: All right.
    Man: Morning!
    Waitress: Morning!
    Man: Well, what've you got?
    Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;
    Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...
    Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...
    Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
    Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
    Wife: Have you got anything without spam?
    Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.
    Wife: I don't want ANY spam!
    Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?
    Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!
    Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?
    Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)
    Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?
    Waitress: Urgghh!
    Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!
    Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Waitress: Shut up!
    Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
    Wife: I don't like spam!
    Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!
    Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
    Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
    Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?
    Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)
    Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

Return to the Fight Spam page...

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Linda. Its actually a pretty common rule out there I have found out. And posting 5 times hardly takes a second for sure.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    As some of you may know, we have had a bit of email SPAM and vandalism to our Arcade by people who sign up but never post.

The admin decided against a validation email program for new members because these may in fact be real people--meaning they could use a real email addy and simply validate.

The one they they don't seem to do is post so a new rule is being implemented for new members.

You must have 5 posts to begin using various things on the board including the PM system, the Arcade, Member Map, gallery...all of it.

Until you reach 5 you are basically a guest that can post.

We decided 5 posts would be enough to endear a would be spammer to our community and hopefully reconsider.

We'll see how it goes.

Feel free to post questions about it here.
    You could always send the spamers to CK. I;m sure he could think of something.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have finally added "drool" to the list of smiley's

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post

You could always send the spamers to CK. I;m sure he could think of something.
    Fuck yeah...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like we are holding a pretty solid 4th place on a google search these days.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I just did a Google search for "The Dark Tower" and got these results -

The Dark Tower - Official Web Site

www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages

The Dark Tower (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Dark Tower is a series of seven books by American writer Stephen King that tells the tale of lead character Roland Deschain's quest for the "Dark Tower. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(series) - 81k - Cached - Similar pages

The Dark Tower Compendium -- www.DarkTowerCompendium.com

THE biggest and best Stephen King Dark Tower website on the internet right here at www.darktowercompendium.com.
    www.darktowercompendium.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Dark Tower Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions about the Dark Tower series of novels.
    www.geocities.com/jordanlund/dtfaq1.htm - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

TheDarkTower.com -

The fastest growing Dark Tower Fan Site on the Internet. News, comics, forums and more!
    www.thedarktower.com/ - 58k - Cached - Similar pages

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Last time I did a search it was number 7.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes that FAQ site bumps us

I don't know why, since its barely updated and it was THE Dark Tower website back before DT.Net...sooooo...?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe people hit it a lot still just because of where it shows up on the search. It may also have some very good reciprocal links.

*Heads off to crack Jordan's site** :whistles:

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Or Google ads. Those move you up the list too.

But I personally hate add-filled sites.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

#2 on Google when "thedarktower" is entered.

We're Moving!

A look at Stephen King's "The Dark Tower". Trivia contests, search the books, artwork, characters.
    www.thedarktower.net/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages
    TheDarkTower.com -

The fastest growing Dark Tower Fan Site on the Internet. News, comics, forums and more!
    www.thedarktower.com/ - 55k - Cached - Similar pages

TheDarkTower.com - - Current News

TheDarkTower.com current news page. Everything you ever wanted to know about Americas favorite author.
    www.thedarktower.com/news/ - 66k - Cached - Similar pages
    More results from www.thedarktower.org »

Quiz - The Dark Tower Character Test - Quizilla Quizzes

User Name: Password:. [close menu] | [Home] · Browse Tag Categories · Most Popular · Quizzes Stories Poems · Highest Rated · Quizzes Stories Poems ...
    http://www.quizilla.com/users/SaltnS...racter%20Test/ - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

thedarktower - Community Info

User: thedarktower (794966). thedarktower View all userpics · View all userpics. Name: the dark tower. About:. Interests: 46: alain johns, blaine the pain, ...
    community.livejournal.com/thedarktower/profile - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

TheDarkTower.net « Instrument of Karma

Thursday, April 27, 2006 at 10:46 am (Instrument of Karma, TheDarkTower.net). In response to Shepherd's asking about what happened with the whole car ...
    miranoriel.wordpress.com/category/thedarktowernet/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

quotes sent by: thedarktower

thedarktower. David Gates quotes (American Singer and Song Writer. b.1940) ... thedarktower. Miriam Defensor Santiago quotes. Add to Chapter. ...
    thinkexist.com/quotes/sent-by/thedarktower/ - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

theDarkTower Profile - Yuku

theDarkTower page. ... theDarkTower.summoning. theDarkTower's avatar ... My favorite sites. theDarkTower has not created favorite links yet. ...
    thedarktower.summoning.yuku.com/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

MySpace.com - thedarktower.com - 100 - Male - Colorado - www ...

MySpace profile for thedarktower.com with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, information about me and more.
    profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=176 140237 - 121k - Cached - Similar pages

thedarktower.net - Related Links from Alexa

Alexa Related Links for thedarktower.net - A list of web sites that appear to have similarities. Find sites just like yours, seek out the competition.
    www.alexa.com/data/details/related_links/thedarktower.net - 28k - Cached - Similar pages
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler DarkHarvest is on a distinguished road

Default I am adapting "Cain Rose Up" into a Dollar Baby!

Hello Fellow King Fans! My name is Robert Kreh, and I am an Indie Film maker currently residing in Tampa Florida.
    I recently received permission from Mr. King to adapt his short story Cain Rose Up from his collection Skeleton Crew. Under the dollar baby deal, I am unable to seek traditional investment as this is a non-profit project. So I am here to ask for your help in making this a reality! Every dollar counts as I am trying to raise quite a bit of cash, but there are oppurtunities for those who donate to receive screen credit, and become part of Stephen King Dollar Baby history.

For more info, or to just check out the teaser trailer, cehck out the new site dedicated to the project:

www.cainrising.com

I appreciate all of your support, and I am dedicated to producing a short film that is faithful to Mr. Kings work.

-Robert Kreh
    www.robfilms.blogspot.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert,
    I am sure one of the Directors of the site will get back to you soon-publicly or privately-but soon nonetheless.
    Speaking for an unofficial standpoint, I am confused as to how an "investor/contributor" in a Dollar baby would recoup anything.
    Of course the writer, director can and should use the opportunity to springboard themselves into Hollywood notariety, but I see little chance that the average joe who tosses $100 your way will benefit.
    Love to hear your thoughts-perhaps I am wrong. If so, please tell me.

RF

Traveler DarkHarvest is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Robert,
    I am sure one of the Directors of the site will get back to you soon-publicly or privately-but soon nonetheless.
    Speaking for an unofficial standpoint, I am confused as to how an "investor/contributor" in a Dollar baby would recoup anything.
    Of course the writer, director can and should use the opportunity to springboard themselves into Hollywood notariety, but I see little chance that the average joe who tosses $100 your way will benefit.
    Love to hear your thoughts-perhaps I am wrong. If so, please tell me.

RF
    You are right. It is going to be a long ahrd road, But I just have to have faith, and seek every avenue of fund raising that I can.
    As for "investing", I cannot ask for investment on this film as it is non-profit. I am hoping that the fans will support it by donating a few dolalrs, and if I get enough small donations, that I can raise the money I need.
    I left the paypal button open for donations of any size, from $1-$1000. And an an incentive, am giving screen credits to anyone who donates $50 or more.
    I thank everyone who has already donated, so far I ahve raised $210

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast