Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was in the newsletter this morning...

"We were hoping to be able to put up the order page for the sumptuous edition of ‘SALEM’S LOT which, as you’ll recall (assuming you’ve been paying attention) will come in the shape of three dust-jacketed novellas housed in a single slipcase, but Chris ‘Fangorn’ Baker is still twiddlin’ and a’fiddlin’ with last bits and pieces and so we’ve given him another week to finish up. Next week, though."
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! Another 'Salem's Lot. Just what we need.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, I really like the idea of three separate novellas! If I like the artwork I'll go for it (after skipping all other CD and PS reissues).

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm getting reprint fatigue.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Hooray! Another 'Salem's Lot. Just what we need.
    Amen!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    For me, it is not just reprint fatigue. I still consider myself a new collector, only seriously collecting for 5-10 years. When I first started, there seemed to be only "gift" or S/L editions. Signed 1/1 copies either had to be signed at an author appearance or purchased from another seller. Now, signed 1/1 editions seem to be available all over the place. New books with tipped-in signed pages appear almost daily on bookstore websites, as well as other places like Target. Some stores "make" limited editions by taking regular first editions and adding in a numbered limitation page. Reprinted editions, remarqued editions, limited dust jackets, slipcases, etc. There just seems to be so much more to collect over the last few years.

I am not saying any of this is bad, and I still order those tipped-in signed books online from my favorites. The business of signed and collectible books seems to have exploded over the past few years.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. These reprints are out of control.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will NOT be buying into this... not a chance.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Agree with all of the above sentiments.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of 3 slipcased novellas so I shall be purchasing this one.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too. Getting burned out on them.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I don't know, I really like the idea of three separate novellas! If I like the artwork I'll go for it.
    +1. While I would rather see this treatment for Different Seasons I applaud Pete's effort to present an interesting design take on 'Salem's Lot.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I don't know, I really like the idea of three separate novellas! If I like the artwork I'll go for it.
    +1. While I would rather see this treatment for Different Seasons I applaud Pete's effort to present an interesting design take on 'Salem's Lot.
    Agreed.

I noticed that people who are getting reprint fatigue are the ones who are getting the CD reprints. What's the difference between the two? If anything, this is the first time they're getting the limited treatment in the UK.

I'm a sucker so I'm getting both.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

People getting CD's editions are buying them because they are very well done productions. Can't really say the same for PS IMHO.

If you need another example of reprint fatigue look at 20th century ghosts. 4 lettered still left, 124 limiteds left, over 300 unsigned left. According to the cart method anyway.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People getting CD's editions are buying them because they are very well done productions. Can't really say the same for PS IMHO.

If you need another example of reprint fatigue look at 20th century ghosts. 4 lettered still left, 124 limiteds left, over 300 unsigned left. According to the cart method anyway.
    125 limiteds now

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. While I applaud Pete for getting Thinner and Carrie signed... I think there is NO need for another re-print of a re-print of a re-print. I wish King would shut it down.. LOL Or limit 2 re-prints of a book.. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't this one of those that we just paid for? I know I ordered something and there were going to be one of the books with a different cover that the rest or am I thinking of Skeleton Crew?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Isn't this one of those that we just paid for? I know I ordered something and there were going to be one of the books with a different cover that the rest or am I thinking of Skeleton Crew?
    Was probably Skeleton Crew. This one hadn't been up for sale yet.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I was thinking about it and you are right. I remember reading about 'Salem's Lot and thinking that it sounded great. I just hope it is as good as it sounds. I am still hoping PS does The Stand and see what they would have planned for it hopefully something great.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well, luckily nobody forces anyone to buy any books IMO, UK editions exist in parallel to the US editions so I don't consider them to be reprints of reprints. I expect most of CD's copies to end up in the States and most PS copies to end up in the UK. Sure, there will be some cross-pollination but by and large, this is a non-issue for most King collectors outside this forum. We are lucky but also spoiled to have publishers actively participate here.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, luckily nobody forces anyone to buy any books IMO, UK editions exist in parallel to the US editions so I don't consider them to be reprints of reprints. I expect most of CD's copies to end up in the States and most PS copies to end up in the UK. Sure, there will be some cross-pollination but by and large, this is a non-issue for most King collectors outside this forum. We are lucky but also spoiled to have publishers actively participate here.
    WELL SAID Brother... well said.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    +1, +1

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think you missed my point. Other than Pet Sematary they're all reprints and I might be mistaken but didn't PS Carrie come out before the CD version? You can start another topic and compare the quality. It's CD, hands down. But that doesn't make the CD version any less of a reprint of a reprint. Subterranean issued an actual signed limited of The Shining and GE is still available and CD is doing that one too. Why are you comparing PS and CD anyways?

Excellent signed editions of 'Salem's Lot, The Stand and The Shining have already been done. If like you say the reason for getting the CD edition over PS is quality, then you should probably save your money and get the original limited editions.

Lastly, it's probably not wise to speak for "people" as you really don't know that. I'm not buying them because they're of better quality (though they are). I got Carrie because it was the first US limited edition. Quality is important but given the choice between an unsigned Carrie lettered and a signed one that is supposedly inferior...I'm going with the one that King himself thought worthy of signing.

Actually, this is the last point. If PS were an Albanian, Spanish or Chinese publisher this issue would be a non-starter. These books would simply be foreign language limiteds. We're talking, dissecting and comparing because we can read these books. See: German limiteds.

edit: I forgot that PS already published Pet Sematary

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I think you missed my point. Other than Pet Sematary they're all reprints and I might be mistaken but didn't PS Carrie come out before the CD version?
    Lots of reprints released before PS or CD ones... none are as good as the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Lastly, it's probably not wise to speak for "people" as you really don't know that... I'm going with the one that King himself thought worthy of signing.
    HA! You didn't take your own advice because I'm pretty sure you and Steve haven't chatted about why he agreed to sign any particular projects!

By the way, in case the emoticon didn't make it clear, I post this in jest!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast