Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Carrie was well done....I also ended up owning #4 Glenn Chadbourne's copy which is freaking awesome...the fact that they NUMBERED the 4 copies (for Pete, Nicky, King and artist) means I have a damned rare copy, plus it has 2 original pieces of artwork

Thinner artwork looks amazing! Anxious to see what the original art pieces look like in the 2 copies I get...will keep 1 and other will sell thru Betts

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So who all got a copy?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ... My wife comes down to the basement and says there is a phone message from Citibank on the recorder. It was from the "Early fraud detection department." I had to listen to a lengthy recording before they finally gave me the phone number to call and the case number....
    Oh shit! Did the wife figure out you were spending $4K on a book (not jewelry for her)?
    She did ask me how much the book cost. I lied.
    you good sir - absolutely made my day ;D

for the records - 6 copies left -

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK Pete! Well done!

Now its time for a few more pics of the work in progress!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Well roseannebarr, what did you decide?

Did you buy THINNER?
    yes! Thank you too tippy for all his advice! He is one of the good ones!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

... My wife comes down to the basement and says there is a phone message from Citibank on the recorder. It was from the "Early fraud detection department." I had to listen to a lengthy recording before they finally gave me the phone number to call and the case number....
    Oh shit! Did the wife figure out you were spending $4K on a book (not jewelry for her)?
    Awesome. I'm looking for a woman that will do that to me.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    you good sir - absolutely made my day ;D

for the records - 6 copies left -
    4 copies left and it's 1:20 AM US Central.

Looks like there will only be 22 lettered and 4 numbered complete sets. if everyone ordered their letter.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Looks like there will only be 22 lettered and 4 numbered complete sets. if everyone ordered their letter.
    They will sell. There were a few copies left over of the Deluxe Carrie, but they were soon purchased. Mr Rabbit Trick will probably step in and buy at least two copies of Thinner. LOL!

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

I'm not sure that random books from the same publisher can be considered a set. I doubt anyway who's got Subterranean Press editions of The Green Mile and The Shining with matching numbers or letters thinks of them as a set or would sell them as a set.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post

I'm not sure that random books from the same publisher can be considered a set. I doubt anyway who's got Subterranean Press editions of The Green Mile and The Shining with matching numbers or letters thinks of them as a set or would sell them as a set.
    These are not random books. PS Publishing are releasing specific anniversary editions, so they are a set. The Sub Press editions of the Green Mile and The Shining were not part of a specific anniversary series and were never intended to be part of a set.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

These are not random books. PS Publishing are releasing specific anniversary editions, so they are a set. The Sub Press editions of the Green Mile and The Shining were not part of a specific anniversary series and were never intended to be part of a set.
    But surely PS have already invalidated that notion of a set by not producing lettered editions of Christine and Pet Sematary, regardless of whether King signed them or not.

My Mood
    Asleep

They will sell. There were a few copies left over of the Deluxe Carrie, but they were soon purchased. Mr Rabbit Trick will probably step in and buy at least two copies of Thinner. LOL!

24 hours + later. Still 4 copies left!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It'd still be cool to have matching numbers/letter though.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with you 100% on this... A random set of books makes no sense. It other words these books were the ones that they could get the rights to in order to publish. Where CD's is a true set (Doubleday)... what would you call this so-called set?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to everyone that got a copy! Living vicariously through you all right now.

Along the Path of the Beam Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic has a spectacular aura about Ockhamistic's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello. I'm fairly new and not well versed in the whole publishing process. But regarding the publishing of these PS Lettered editions, it appears that Mr. King is pleased with both Pete and his work. Does anyone believe it is at all possible that Mr. King would be amenable to signing further Lettered editions for PS, if only because he sees it as an opportunity to offer the UK and European market of buyers and sellers what he has been offering to the US for years? These Lettered editions are the first true Lettered editions, other than Joyland and The Colorado Kid, and the first anniversary Lettered editions offered by a non-US company, correct?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Rabbit Trick will probably step in and buy at least two copies of Thinner. LOL!
    Yup. Got some.

My Mood
    Asleep

I would call it a set.

a number, group, or combination of things of similar nature, design, or function:
    a set of ideas. a set of lettered Stephen King books published by PS Publishing,

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Rabbit Trick will probably step in and buy at least two copies of Thinner. LOL!
    Yup. Got some.
    That was as predictable as an Eastenders plot! LOL! LOL!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still some left for Sale. I really thought it would have sold out.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

not surprising its not sold out... at what point do things being made to be "collectible" stop actually being collectible due to issue price?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally understood the issue price for Carrie. I mean it was his first novel and he only agreed to sign 26 copies. So yeah, it deserved special attention and pricing to match.

I just don't see Thinner commanding that price compared to Carrie however. Obviously at least 22 people disagree with me, but it just doesn't seem as special as Carrie to me.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@Peter : In the end, is Thinner signed as Steve or as Bachman?

I quite like the idea that Jerome mentionned a wee while ago, about getting some old contracts from the lawyer or something like this. Would definitely make sense and be a bit more attractive in my opinion (not that it apparently needs to be more attractive as its almost sold out : 3 left according to the system).
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    not surprising its not sold out... at what point do things being made to be "collectible" stop actually being collectible due to issue price?
    Well said.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many illustrations the PS Publishing edition of THINNER have?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast