Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 182 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a lettered Carrie purchaser, but if I was I would be greatly upset if not given the guarentee to purchase the future titles.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any chance that someone could please share the illustrations by Glenn Chadourne for the CARRIE UK limited?
    Even as private messages to me, if don't want to share the pictures publicly. Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I am not a lettered Carrie purchaser, but if I was I would be greatly upset if not given the guarentee to purchase the future titles.
    Only if that arrangement was agreed at the very beginning, which it wasn't...

Furthermore, I do not recall Sub Press giving 'buying rights' on their Lettered edition The Shining to those who purchased the Lettered edition of The Green Mile. Neither do CD offer buying rights with their Lettered editions. Why should this edition be any different?

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

As a purchaser of Carrie, I have no problem with Thinner going up for general sale. Given that Carrie took many days to sell out, I think that anyone who wants to buy a matching copy of Thinner will have ample opportunity to do so. Before then, though, we still need to know if it will be signed by King (pointless if not) and how much it will be (should be lower as it is a lesser work in King's canon). Also, I would like the chance to see how Carrie turns out before committing more cash.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Only if that arrangement was agreed at the very beginning, which it wasn't...

Furthermore, I do not recall Sub Press giving 'buying rights' on their Lettered edition The Shining to those who purchased the Lettered edition of The Green Mile. Neither do CD offer buying rights with their Lettered editions. Why should this edition be any different?
    You make valid points, but CD does offer the purchase by contacting a specific group early. Sometimes only 15 minutes, but enough time to give them an edge. And I see these as a series of reproductions, not just a stand alone work.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You make valid points, but CD does offer the purchase by contacting a specific group early. Sometimes only 15 minutes, but enough time to give them an edge. And I see these as a series of reproductions, not just a stand alone work.
    The early contact you are referring to is an exclusive benefit awarded to fully paid up members of the CDCC. It is not automatically applied to everyone.

As far as reproductions go, CD are producing lettered editions for their Doubleday series of books; yet 'buying rights' for the forthcoming lettered edition of Salem's Lot will not be given to people who purchased the CD lettered edition of Carrie.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The early contact you are referring to is an exclusive benefit awarded to fully paid up members of the CDCC. It is not automatically applied to everyone.

As far as reproductions go, CD are producing lettered editions for their Doubleday series of books; yet 'buying rights' for the forthcoming lettered edition of Salem's Lot will not be given to people who purchased the CD lettered edition of Carrie.
    It's not just the CDCC. As an example, I was a purchaser of the lettered edition of The Passage and got an email prior to the sale of The Twelve to the general public.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

CD do offer you the same letter. That's why all my CD Lettered Editions have the same letter.
    Sub Press gave me the same letter for all the Lettered Editions I bought from them.
    Grant always give the buyer their same number.

In fact, almost all publishers businesses offer their best clients, their best service. (Even if its only 15 minutes advance warning.)

IMO. PS Pub should offer the first refusal to the owners of the Carrie Lettered Editions.

There would be Hellfire if Grant did not allow The Dark Tower series owners to continue with their same number sets. And there are lots of these owners, not just 26.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well said, Alan.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If Pete does decide to offer first refusal to Carrie owners, I think that is in line with what other publishers have offered with their connected series of books - (CD and SubPress included). I have ordered the Locke and Key Lettereds with SubPress and they give you several weeks to order the next book and then offer any unwanted books to the general public. CD have gone even beyond that with their loyal Lettered and S/L customers.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    CD do offer you the same letter. That's why all my CD Lettered Editions have the same letter.
    Sub Press gave me the same letter for all the Lettered Editions I bought from them.

In fact, almost all publishers businesses offer their best clients, their best service. (Even if its only 15 minutes advance warning.)

IMO. PS Pub should offer the first refusal to the owners of the Carrie Lettered Editions.

There would be Hellfire if Grant did not allow The Dark Tower series owners to continue with their same number sets. And there are lots of these owners, not just 26.
    However, there is a marked difference between allowing someone to match their letter/number and giving exclusive 'buying rights' to someone.

I have already suggested that PS Publishing should honour to match letters for those who purchased the Deluxe Carrie, what I don't agree with is the idea that these people should have an automatic right to the Deluxe Thinner that then precludes anyone else from purchasing a copy.

I am well aware of the locked in policy that DMG have with their DT books. However, DMG's policy concerning the 'buying rights' on the DT books would have been ratified and publically announced at the very beginning and not as an afterthought.

Therefore, buying the Deluxe Thinner should be open to all, but people who buy both should have matching letters.

Country
    Country Flag

What is interesting, is the fact that when I was upset over not being allocated copy #1 of Carrie a few months ago, comments regarding 'buying rights' and someone's individual right to a certain number were vastly different.

Consider the following posts about that issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm gonna go out on my own on this one probably and say PS don't HAVE to do anything to make this right. If a publisher chooses to try and help people match numbers, then good on them. But I don't see it as an absolute right of a purchaser to book that number for life.

I get that many will disagree with this opinion, but I just don't see how a purchasr of a book is entitled to anything beyond THAT book s/he has purchased right then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I agree with you James. There is no contractual obligation to provide a specific number. It is a courtesy.

Pete seems to be doing everything he can to rectify the situation. That's more than many publishers would do.

Even your opinion on the matter of 'buying rights' was different Mr. Rabbit Trick...

I totally agree with you Jimmick.

And there's more...

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Reverend!

When you're right, you're right!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post

I, too, agree with Jimimck. The only matching that I'd really care about and I think the publisher should earnestly try to match (if they state they will) is a content-related series such as the DT books or SubPress' MC books. PS's anniversary books don't fall into this category so if their crew is willing to try matching for customer then good for them but I think it would be too much hassle to expect it from them. Offering monetary compensation for the mix-up is noble but if it doesn't happen as expected then I would think it's up to the customer to take up the task to track down the number they want if it's that important to them. That said, I'm not a number whore but I did request matching numbers but I don't really care if I get the same number because I bought the book for the book and not for the number.

So here's my question...

If I shouldn't automatically receive the 'buying rights' to copy #1 of Carrie, why on earth should people who bought the Deluxe Carrie have automatic rights to the Deluxe Thinner?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you James. There is no contractual obligation to provide a specific number. It is a courtesy.

Pete seems to be doing everything he can to rectify the situation. That's more than many publishers would do.
    So here's my question...

If I shouldn't automatically receive the 'buying rights' to copy #1 of Carrie, why on earth should people who bought the Deluxe Carrie have automatic rights to the Deluxe Thinner?
    I don't think anyone should have exclusive buying rights. I do think that prior purchasers should be provided a first opportunity to continue a series. You were actually given that opportunity. PS made a mistake and once made there really was no way to undo it other than the return of your #1 by whoever received it.

The practice remains a courtesy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think anyone should have exclusive buying rights. I do think that prior purchasers should be provided a first opportunity to continue a series. You were actually given that opportunity. PS made a mistake and once made there really was no way to undo it other than the return of your #1 by whoever received it.

The practice remains a courtesy.
    I was not given 'first opportunity' to continue the series. I had to purchase the book in the general sale like everyone else and then requested copy #1 by emailing Pete afterwards. This should be no different for those who purchase the lettered editions.

Buyers of the deluxe editions should take their chances in the general sale and then request their chosen letter afterwards, just like I had to when buying the limited Carrie and then asking for a specific number by emailing Pete.

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

That's not true. When Grant published Wind Through The Keyhole they wouldn't let me continue my numbered set just because my number was higher than 800. The book's limitation was set to 800 individually numbered books, which they had to work with, but nowhere was it stated those numbers had to be sequential. So, despite my being a loyal customer of over 10 years and having bought a dozen books from them, all they wanted to do was sell the books with as little effort as possible.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post

That's not true. When Grant published Wind Through The Keyhole they wouldn't let me continue my numbered set just because my number was higher than 800. The book's limitation was set to 800 individually numbered books, which they had to work with, but nowhere was it stated those numbers had to be sequential. So, despite my being a loyal customer of over 10 years and having bought a dozen books from them, all they wanted to do was sell the books with as little effort as possible.
    Grant DT Books: Only the first 500 can ever be full sets.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What is interesting, is the fact that when I was upset over not being allocated copy #1 of Carrie a few months ago, comments regarding 'buying rights' and someone's individual right to a certain number were vastly different.

Consider the following posts about that issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm gonna go out on my own on this one probably and say PS don't HAVE to do anything to make this right. If a publisher chooses to try and help people match numbers, then good on them. But I don't see it as an absolute right of a purchaser to book that number for life.

I get that many will disagree with this opinion, but I just don't see how a purchasr of a book is entitled to anything beyond THAT book s/he has purchased right then.

Even your opinion on the matter of 'buying rights' was different Mr. Rabbit Trick...

I totally agree with you Jimmick.

And there's more...

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Reverend!

When you're right, you're right!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post

I, too, agree with Jimimck. The only matching that I'd really care about and I think the publisher should earnestly try to match (if they state they will) is a content-related series such as the DT books or SubPress' MC books. PS's anniversary books don't fall into this category so if their crew is willing to try matching for customer then good for them but I think it would be too much hassle to expect it from them. Offering monetary compensation for the mix-up is noble but if it doesn't happen as expected then I would think it's up to the customer to take up the task to track down the number they want if it's that important to them. That said, I'm not a number whore but I did request matching numbers but I don't really care if I get the same number because I bought the book for the book and not for the number.

So here's my question...

I have the same thoughts. The buyers of Carrie have purchased nothing but Carrie and shouldn't expect first dibs on the rest. If they end up purchasing Thinner as well then it would be great for PS to match the letter as a courtesy, but I still don't think it is a given.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Though I am not a customer for these and therefore have nothing to add, I am however enjoying the discussion. Very informative as to how other collectors think and feel. Thanks for the info.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It indeed has provided interesting, valid perspectives.

Pete, looking forward to your official position!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I purchased carrie, mildly interested in thinner,I have no real desire for skeleton crew. Thinner can't cost nearly as much as carrie I hope the price is significantly lower!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I purchased carrie, mildly interested in thinner,I have no real desire for skeleton crew. Thinner can't cost nearly as much as carrie I hope the price is significantly lower!

Based on the initial cost for "Carrie" I wouldn't expect much of a discount. If a publisher can "cash in" why the hell shouldn't they? I would expect "Thinner" to be close to the same price if, PS can secure, King' signature again. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Crikey! I'm not even gonna TRY to answer each of these points individually. Suffice to say that I'm kind of leaning to making the deluxe THINNER available to everyone. And those folks who bought the deluxe CARRIE will receive the same letter. I guess that's not going to make a lot of folks happy but then ANY decision I make is going to piss off SOMEBODY.

Meanwhile, once I figure out how to move a jpg into my Dark Tower message area, I'll let you see the THINNER signing sheet. In fact, I just spoke with Tim and he says I should send the jpg to him and he'll post it (probably just below this message, in fact).

But going back to CARRIE, we got the totally made up book and it really does look gorgeous. However, I wasn't completely happy with the blocking on the leather so they're re-doing it. But we're close to the end now.

Thanks one and all for your patience and generosity of spirit.

Best wishes

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 182 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast