Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 182 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you James. There is no contractual obligation to provide a specific number. It is a courtesy.

Pete seems to be doing everything he can to rectify the situation. That's more than many publishers would do.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I get that many will disagree with this opinion, but I just don't see how a purchaser of a book is entitled to anything beyond THAT book s/he has purchased right then.
    I totally agree with you Jimmick.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I agree with you James. There is no contractual obligation to provide a specific number. It is a courtesy.

Pete seems to be doing everything he can to rectify the situation. That's more than many publishers would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I get that many will disagree with this opinion, but I just don't see how a purchaser of a book is entitled to anything beyond THAT book s/he has purchased right then.
    I totally agree with you Jimmick.
    Reverend!

When you're right, you're right!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna go out on my own on this one probably and say PS don't HAVE to do anything to make this right. If a publisher chooses to try and help people match numbers, then good on them. But I don't see it as an absolute right of a purchaser to book that number for life.....
    I, too, agree with Jimimck. The only matching that I'd really care about and I think the publisher should earnestly try to match (if they state they will) is a content-related series such as the DT books or SubPress' MC books. PS's anniversary books don't fall into this category so if their crew is willing to try matching for customer then good for them but I think it would be too much hassle to expect it from them. Offering monetary compensation for the mix-up is noble but if it doesn't happen as expected then I would think it's up to the customer to take up the task to track down the number they want if it's that important to them. That said, I'm not a number whore but I did request matching numbers but I don't really care if I get the same number because I bought the book for the book and not for the number.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

In today's PS Publishing newsletter:

But when you get real crazy busy, goofs happen and either I or Carole is responsible for one and I’m hearty sorry. Turns out that one of our customers (I was gonna say ‘most valuable’ customers but, hey, we loves all of youse to pieces, right, one guy same as another?), anyway, turns out that we sent this customer’s copy of CARRIE—with his specific number—out to someone else by mistake. He got on the phone right away, of course, and started right into how good he thought the book was (and yada yada yada) but where was his number one? Yep, this is the guy who asked for number one way back when we first announced CHRISTINE and, sure, why not. So he got #1 of CHRISTINE and #1 of PET SEMATARY and, er, #506 of CARRIE! Number 506? Come on, now, Pete—what you doing there, boy.

Well, Tim (he’s the unfortunate customer), he’s fed up about it, as you can imagine. So here’s what I’m gonna do. If somebody out there reading this has received #1 of CARRIE then I ask them if they would return it to me here at PS and I’ll send them another copy, also with a low number—in the teens or early twenties—PLUS I’ll allow them £100 credit to spend in the store. Come on, guys . . . we’re all of us collectors and fans, sure, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t play nicely. Let’s put ourselves in Tim’s place for a minute, okay? Okay. Let’s get Tim’s CARRIE #1 to its rightful bookshelf.
    John

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete is da man!

Best of luck and fingers crossed
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read the newsletter too...that was an excellent thing for Pete to do. I hope Tim gets it!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...he'd have to prise it out of my cold dead hands....

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    ...he'd have to prise it out of my cold dead hands....

Then, I am so glad you ended up with copy #12 LOL!!!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the fact Pete is doing everything he can do to get the #1 book back for T-Dogz. Because T-Dogz had a great 5 book set going for him but mistakes do happen. I am still waiting to get my copy of Carrie. I know Pete said he was going to be sending out books to the USA today and am hoping to get an e-mail soon telling me it has been shipped.
    Does anyone have any pics of Carrie they can post in the Pride & Joy section I have seen the great looking slipcase but I would like to see more pics of the book itself with and without the DJ and of the inside.
    Good luck T-Dogz

Country
    Country Flag

I found some great pics in P&J section just wished there were more of the inside of it.

Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copy of Carrie. 3 down and 2 to go. It is smaller than it looks in the pics members have posted.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Got my copy today… Number 798.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received my copy today # 580.

However, when looking inside the book I have noticed blue/black spots on the first pages, which I don't think should be there.... Contacted Pete and sure it will be solved.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like that as the printing patina.

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Arrived in PA yesterday as well! Enjoy the artwork, especially the slipcase. Knew it would be small, but glad the height matches the other 2. Having it show up quickly without a shipping notice was nice!

Country
    Country Flag

RC65 I sent you a message but don't know if you received it or not. If not I will send you another let me know.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope the Lettered edition looks a lot better than the GE. You can put all kinds of extras in the package that you want but if the book is about the same with all of the extra goodies it is just like buying a grab bag. I really do hope Pete and company do one hell of a job on the Lettered Edition and blows our minds when it comes out and posts a lot of pics of it. Like me I know there are a lot of others that can't wait to see it and the wonderful job Pete has done. It is all about the book and for this price it should be thicker than the GE.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Folks

Yep, LostAlive, I surely do share your hopes that the lettered edition looks the bees knees, the cat's peejays and even the dog's bollocks . . . and Nicky and I just spent a happy half-hour leafing through the mock-up so I'm here to tell you it does. It looks totally fab. There are a couple of things we need to address (things of no consequence so put those handkerchiefs away--there's no call for brow-mopping) but the whole job looks remarkable. (You mentioned you'd sent me a message. Haven't seen it. Send it again -- editor@pspublishing.co.uk or p.crowther3@btinternet.com

I'm sorry to see Sharki69's spotted pages: I've arranged for him to pass the book to a deserving friend and I'm sending another copy with the same number.

It was good to see lots of wonderful comments on the finished job: this one has been a bit of a slog for some reason so we're hoping THINNER is a little easier. Good, too, to hear kind words on our treatment of t-dogs and his missing number 1. I'm still hopeful that whoever has it eventually hears of what's happened. We'll see.

I'm gonna be out of action for a few days cos we're attending the World SF Convention in London. I'll look forward to catching up when we get back.

Best

Pete

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I just received my copy of Carrie. 3 down and 2 to go. It is smaller than it looks in the pics members have posted.
    The story is the same as the original Doubleday book, and without any extras, the size should be about the same.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi Folks

Yep, LostAlive, I surely do share your hopes that the lettered edition looks the bees knees, the cat's peejays and even the dog's bollocks . . . and Nicky and I just spent a happy half-hour leafing through the mock-up so I'm here to tell you it does. It looks totally fab. There are a couple of things we need to address (things of no consequence so put those handkerchiefs away--there's no call for brow-mopping) but the whole job looks remarkable. (You mentioned you'd sent me a message. Haven't seen it. Send it again -- editor@pspublishing.co.uk or p.crowther3@btinternet.com

I'm sorry to see Sharki69's spotted pages: I've arranged for him to pass the book to a deserving friend and I'm sending another copy with the same number.

It was good to see lots of wonderful comments on the finished job: this one has been a bit of a slog for some reason so we're hoping THINNER is a little easier. Good, too, to hear kind words on our treatment of t-dogs and his missing number 1. I'm still hopeful that whoever has it eventually hears of what's happened. We'll see.

I'm gonna be out of action for a few days cos we're attending the World SF Convention in London. I'll look forward to catching up when we get back.

Best

Pete
    Thanks Pete for your prompt and satisfactory response. I knew you will handle this professionally as you always do

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete, you're a good man going to that extent to straighten out the situation. I'm looking forward to receiving my copy of your edition. I have no expectation that I will receive the missing #1, but if I do, I'll send it over. Personally I'd just want to be reimbursed shipping costs, no need for a publisher's reward for simply helping out a fellow TDT.org member.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Home from work now. My book arrived. I like it. As planned, I received the number I requested. #500.

Good luck locating #1. Hope you find it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Why has nobody posted that "Thinner" is on sale now?

A NOVEL by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman
    CATEGORY Horror
    PUBLICATION DATE November 2014
    COVER & INTERIOR ART Les Edwards
    ENDPAPERS Edward Miller
    INTRODUCTION Johnny Mains
    PAGES tbc

EDITIONS
    974 copy slipcased edition, signed by Les Edwards & Johnny Mains
    ISBN 978-1-848638-xx-x

There will also be a deluxe lettered edition—26 copies only—full details of which will appear in up and coming newsletters

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/30th-a...man-2242-p.asp

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An excerpt from the order page for Thinner on the PS Publishing website...

And after the various troubles we’ve had (in which we lost several thousand emails, many of them requesting specific numbers etc), we’ll allocate for your copy of THINNER the number of your last Stephen King purchase . . . and that also goes for any future titles in the series.
    I like that! I'm now lumbered with being allocated copy #506, whilst someone else who had my copy #1 of Carrie will now be able to get copy #1 of Thinner. Nice!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 182 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast