Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey, Brian -- yes, what a fab idea. Let's get something organised. Anybody from the US holidaying in England this year? Best Pete

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hey, Brian -- yes, what a fab idea. Let's get something organised. Anybody from the US holidaying in England this year? Best Pete
    I wish I was! Haven't been back in ages, but loved my short time spent there.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey, anybody know how I include a photo on one of my replies? Dopey Pete

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If the photo is on the internet somewhere, click on the photo icon (to the right of the envelope) and enter the URL.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, anybody know how I include a photo on one of my replies? Dopey Pete
    You can host your photo on a site like Photobucket or upload an image here.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/uploadphoto.php

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know why everyone on this forum lives in the dark ages and still wants to use Photobucket. Use Imgur!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Rabbit Trick and Shaq -- next time you're going to be in Whitby, drop me a line. I know a wonderful fish'n'chips restaurant on the bridge. If I was able to make it then we'd make an outing of it . . . and I'd pick up the tab for the food. Best -- Pete
    Is it Magpie or the other one on the corner? I have been to both of those, very nice food.

Pete, you are a gentleman. I may one day hold you to that.

Cheers Dave

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    I don't know why everyone on this forum lives in the dark ages and still wants to use Photobucket. Use Imgur!
    I have hundreds of photos out on Photobucket. Trying to transfer them to another provider is daunting.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just upload them to the server used for the site. Very easy.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

I have hundreds of photos out on Photobucket. Trying to transfer them to another provider is daunting.

John
    Granted, if you already have albums intact that you don't want to recreate, I can understand. But I certainly wouldn't be directing new people to photobucket, it is no longer the ideal free image hosting site, and definitely shows its age.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Granted, if you already have albums intact that you don't want to recreate, I can understand. But I certainly wouldn't be directing new people to photobucket, it is no longer the ideal free image hosting site, and definitely shows its age.

Back on topic, please!!

Spoiler:
    Imagine that. Merlin1958 saying "Back on topic"!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Sorry, Merlin. That was my fault. I'll get Mike to sort it out while I'm away.

Best

Pete

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pete for the reply!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing Carrie!
    And Pete is a really nice guy, i've met him at a few British Fantasy Cons over the past few years

Thanks, Herbert . . . and thanks, Tito -- nice messages to come home to. PLUS I received an email from the whole DT gang wishing Nicky and me a happy birthday. You're good people. best wishes one and all . . .

Pete

Hey folks -- I suddenly realised I hadn't been onto the site for several days so I thought I'd better show my face . . . only to find that 'nobody' seems to have been here for a while. No problem at all. Everyone is clearly enjoying their summer weekend. And that's as it should be.

This past few days have been a bit of a nightmare with regard to the signing sheet sections of the CARRIE lettered edition. Despite our best efforts, the sheets (signed by Steve) got posted back to the UK instead of to Glenn. So they now need to be sent to Glenn and then on to James Lovegrove and Kim Newman. What makes it even more frustrating is that I just got a card today to say that I have to pay import duty on the package in order for them to deliver it. I'll plead my case, of course, but my experience in these situations suggests that it's probably best simply to bite the bullet, pay the fee (around $50), get the pages, send 'em back to Glenn and so on. Much easier than hardening the arteries arguing with someone reading from a script and have them open the package to prove I'm not importing them cos I produced the damn things in the first place and then their somehow damaging the sheets resulting in our having to ask Steve to sign new ones. Hey ho.

Best to all

Pete

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had that problem before! I've had to pay VAT on items from the US that have been exempt. As you say it's easier to pay, get it delivered and then send off a claim form to get the money back. Unfortunately, you never get the full amount back, there's always that pesky handling fee!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've always had the full amount refunded. You have to make one claim to the Customs lot and then another to the Royal Mail. Pain in the arse, but I like sticking it to "The Man".

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I've always had the full amount refunded. You have to make one claim to the Customs lot and then another to the Royal Mail. Pain in the arse, but I like sticking it to "The Man".
    I never tried to claim back the £8. Maybe, I should stick it to 'The Man' in future. I'm just glad to get the hundreds from the Customs. They certainly take their time handing the money over!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random thought, but... maybe it would be easier to get Steve to sign the pages, at the very end instead of as the first?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Random thought, but... maybe it would be easier to get Steve to sign the pages, at the very end instead of as the first?
    No, you have King sign first. Who knows, he could be out for a walk and get hit by a car...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    No, you have King sign first. Who knows, he could be out for a walk and get hit by a car...
    Or a minivan? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually you may be right. I was more thinking to prevent that his signatures pages get lost and may have to ask him to sign some more.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking the same thing as HW. Have King go last to reduce shipping and handling risks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I was thinking the same thing as HW. Have King go last to reduce shipping and handling risks.
    You know why we would send to King last on anthologies that he was signing, right? When he signed FIRST, too many sheets "vanished" while the other authors were signing and we'd have to get more sheets sent around to be signed again!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast