Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey, Mike -- Pete Von Sholley is doing the artwork chores for SKELETON CREW. Pete did all the storyboards for Frank Darabont's adaptation of 'The Mist' and we're aiming to include that book as a special attraction in the deluxe tray cased package. Pete is doing at least one colour piece for every story -- he's a one-man whirlwind, the Pecos Bill of illustrators: check out the first three volumes in our upcoming nine-book series of H.P.Lovecraft novellas if you need any convincing. -- Best wishes -- Pete

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Who is doing the art for Skeleton Crew?
    Important info from Pete's posts:

Spoiler:

I've spent a lot of the day (even though it's Sunday!) organising the artwork for the Anniversary edition of THINNER. The plan is to have it out as close as possible to 19 November which is when it saw the light of day back in 1984.
    Q:If I get the other 5 books in the set from you as they are released, will you be able to sort out getting my numbers matched?
    A:Sure, we can make sure you get the same number on the future titles as you've had on CARRIE.
    Oh, there’s one more thing: Stephen has agreed to sign the sheets for the lettered edition...We’ll be doing this on all future deluxe lettered editions and we’re already well into plans for Thinner, which will feature cover and interior artwork from Edward Miller and Les Edwards plus (in the deluxe traycased edition) remarques from Les.
    I've given a lot of thought to how to handle sales of the deluxe edition. I'm also mindful of the fact that many, if not all, the 26 lucky purchasers will want the same letter on future deluxe editions (depending, of course, on whether Steve is prepared to sign them). I'll give it some more thought but I think the best we're going to be able to do is promise anyone who picks up deluxe editions of both CARRIE and THINNER should DEFINITELY receive the same letter; and I'm thinking that maybe they should get a guarantee for the next title, SKELETON CREW (AND WAIT'LL YOU SEE WHAT WE'RE AIMING TO DO WITH THAT BABY!)
    As for my choosing a different artist for CARRIE, well, I like Glenn and I like his work--I know Steve feels the same, and he was very complimentary about Glenn's work on the book as I showed it to him, one piece at a time. Glenn did great work on the PS edition of THE COLORADO KID and so I went for him again. I feel the same about Edward Miller (who also did one of the COLORADO KID variants) but this time I asked Edward's alter ego, Les Edwards, to join in the fun on THINNER particularly as it's a Richard Bachman book. I've also made plans for SKELETON CREW but I need to check that the artist is still available. In fact, I'll do that right now.
    Q:is there a dust jacket? If you do buy the book do you get offered first refusal on any future lettered SK PS editions similar to what CD have offered?
    A:Yes, there'll be a dust-jacket.
    And yes, if you buy a copy of the tray cased edition then you'll be offered the same letter on subsequent lettered Stephen King books. And we'll try to match letters from CD and Subterranean though, of course, our run is just 26 copies. But we'll do the best we can.
    Steve has agreed to our suggestion that Pete Von Sholly do the colour artwork for the 22 stories in SKELETON CREW (Pete having storyboarded THE MIST along with many other movies). The first illustration is in and it's a doozy . . . as are the front endpapers (featuring 'The Mist').
    SKELETON CREW is scheduled for next spring. THINNER for this fall.
    As I explained to Steve, I hit on the brainwave of having part of the artwork done by Les Edwards and the other half by Edward Miller . . . seeing that Les and Edward are one and the same man albeit with markedly different styles. And, of course, it could be argued that the story of THINNER is a similar collaboration.
    So here's how it'll be: 26 lettered copies for sale; one copy to Steve (marked "Stephen King" on the signing sheet); one copy to Glenn (marked "Glenn Chadbourne" on the signing sheet); and one copy to me (marked "Peter Crowther" on the signing sheet); plus a single spare copy marked accordingly.
    illustrations for all of the SKELETON CREW stories are now in from Pete Von Sholly (hard to pick the best one[s] but the endpapers for 'The Mist' are remarkable and Pete's rendition of Owen and Steve from 'For Owen' got a big 'thumbs up' from Steve himself), while the first three paintings from Les Edwards for THINNER have also appeared -- stunning!
    And we'll be sending you an acknowledgement tomorrow (Monday) which will include an invite to the Prom AND a first glance at some of the artwork on our upcoming editions of THINNER and SKELETON CREW.
    I'm now thinking of maybe making future lettered editions (whether or not Steve signs them) available first off only to everyone who bought CARRIE, thereby utilising their letter throughout the series. I'll talk it through with the rest of the guys to see what they think but do let us have your thoughts at the same time.
    Yes, we need to get this well-and-truly worked out and it seems that some folks want to go back to the open "auction" approach for each title while others favour their being considered as the 'owner' of a particular letter in perpetuity. I can see positives and negatives in both ways though perhaps it would be unfair to announce to everyone who "didn't" snag a copy of CARRIE that, "well, tough luck, chum . . . you'll never have the opportunity to own one of these beauties." I'm keen to be scrupulously fair so let me hear back from folks and we'll tot it up.
    Pete Von Sholley is doing the artwork chores for SKELETON CREW. Pete did all the storyboards for Frank Darabont's adaptation of 'The Mist' and we're aiming to include that book as a special attraction in the deluxe tray cased package. Pete is doing at least one colour piece for every story -- he's a one-man whirlwind, the Pecos Bill of illustrators: check out the first three volumes in our upcoming nine-book series of H.P.Lovecraft novellas if you need any convincing.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post

It says all future lettereds in the series will be signed by King.
    Looks like that's not necessarily the case:

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    I haven't yet spoken with Steve about signing a deluxe edition. But when I do, I'll only ask for a lettered, same as CARRIE.
    I guess the "We’ll be doing this on all future deluxe lettered editions and we’re already well into plans for Thinner" only applies to "(whomever is signing)will receive the eight-page sections, giving us the benefit of not having to tip in the sheets later.", not necessarily "Stephen has agreed to sign the sheets for the lettered edition".

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If Stephen King does sign a deluxe edition of Thinner who will he sign it as? Bachman?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    If Stephen King does sign a deluxe edition of Thinner who will he sign it as? Bachman?
    Great question... but as with Regulators he can't... member? Bachman is dead...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bachman is dead so he can't sign.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hey, Mike -- Pete Von Sholley is doing the artwork chores for SKELETON CREW. Pete did all the storyboards for Frank Darabont's adaptation of 'The Mist' and we're aiming to include that book as a special attraction in the deluxe tray cased package. Pete is doing at least one colour piece for every story -- he's a one-man whirlwind, the Pecos Bill of illustrators: check out the first three volumes in our upcoming nine-book series of H.P.Lovecraft novellas if you need any convincing. -- Best wishes -- Pete
    I remember now, thanks Pete!
    I will buy a portfolio if you sell them.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They've done checks. He could sign via ? medical consent forms, loan agreements ? God knows!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Great question... but as with Regulators he can't... member? Bachman is dead...

I would take a book signed by Stephen King as Bachman. He does it all the time. Richard Bachman is a fictional person.

Stephen King aka Backman. I have a few at home.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They've done checks. He could sign via ? medical consent forms, loan agreements ? God knows!
    Bar tabs, IOU's.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Bar tabs, IOU's.
    Given King writes horror/supernatural stories (whatever the genre is) why can't Bachman sign from beyond the grave!!!!

I would like to own one signed with aka...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Bar tabs, IOU's.
    Given King writes horror/supernatural stories (whatever the genre is) why can't Bachman sign from beyond the grave!!!!

I agree, that is how he signed my copy of RAGE & I liked that versus how he crossed out Richard Bachman & signed it Stephen King on my copy of THINNER

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Bar tabs, IOU's.

I agree, that is how he signed my copy of RAGE & I liked that versus how he crossed out Richard Bachman & signed it Stephen King on my copy of THINNER
    I heard he won't even sign that book anymore... good job brother!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bar tabs, IOU's.

Sweet! That's what I was hoping for but got this. Not that I'm dissapoint wd. I was over the moon, still am years later.

Country
    Country Flag

Ps look how crumpled and worn it is! One of my favourites!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Kris & Shaq, that Ling Walk is pretty awesome! He was in a good mood that day, it was a one book per person but signed 7 for the four of us, 4 were the Foctor Sleep. I wasn't sure if he'd sign it either.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bar tabs, IOU's.

Absolutely untrue. Not only did he sign a copy, but he inscribed it. Twistednadine got it last year in Boulder, CO.
    He might prefer if people didn't ask for that title to be signed, but in appropriate situations he signs them.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one King/Bachman (Don) sig in my collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Collecting is great isn't it!

Pete you need to tempt Stephen back to the UK to sign your next book in person and set up a Q&A session in Yorkshire!

He'd love the area.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I got a nice email from Pete yesterday sharing in my excitement of purchasing the signed/lettered edition of Carrie. I never got an email from any other book seller celebrating my recent purchase. I thought it was a nice touch after such a large purchase! Made me feel even better about my decision to buy such an expensive collectable!
    I received a similar email from Pete today.

Good stuff.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thinner illustration:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Les is an incredible artist and this sample was enough for me to decide to get a copy.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

The latest PS newsletter has confirmed that there are still 2 copies of the Carrie Lettered edition unsold and they will be made available on the website soon.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome art !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast