Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

It will probably hold the retail value at resale - after all, people would have to sell it for $5k on ebay just to get their money back. That is unless there would be another S/L edition published down the road, since an even bigger 50th anniversary in 10 years.

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

What would be the value of such an expensive book if it had some flaw, even if insignificant, for exampe slightly creased or bumped corner or something like that? If I paid $5k for a book, I would probably inspect it for any flaws under the microscope.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    oh god - what should I do? buy, not buy, buy, not buy, buy, not buy....married, divorced, married, divorced, married, divorced, married?????
    made my day ;D

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post
    I still wonder, what would be its market value, what it might sell for when things have calmed down? What do you guys think?
    There is a finite amount that 99% of King collectors will not cross when buying books. I have noticed that this sum is around $3000, for these 99%. So........

Those of the 1% left, will pay ANYTHING to get their hands on a copy. Is this 1% more than 26. I think it is. So in answer to your question......

Even if it was signed by King on a sheet of bog roll, and illustrated by an unknown paraffin lamp, the top collectors will buy it at ANY price.

For non UK readers...

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk.../paraffin_lamp
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Bogroll
    Scary how accurate you are with that # MRT. Before the price was released I was a buyer for sure up to exactly that $ amount.

If I wouldn't spend above that mark on a Lettered freak'in CARRIE, I pretty much wouldn't spend it on ANY King book.
    That was precisely my price as well. $3000 or less and I would 100% have tried for it. At $4300 I'm on the fence. I may try and grab it to be my one lettered that's the centerpiece of my collection, or I may not. I'd say at this point I'm 75% against, 25% for. And the only reason I'm on the fence is because it's Carrie, if this were any other book it'd just be "no thanks".

Gunslinger Apprentice Superfly will become famous soon enough Superfly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It would be really great to get more detailed information about production, material etc.
    Is the book really that special to pay so much money? Yes, of course, there are only 26 pieces, but...

I´m thinking very seriously to buy the book. But I honestly afraid that I will be disappointed if I hold the book in my hands and thinking about how much I paid for it. [url=http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php]

It must be UNIQUE. [url=http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php]

The paper, The illustrations, the cover, the quality of workmanship, the traycase and not least the packaging for shipment, and and and

Hope very much that Pete still gives us essential information before June 21.
    Sale The Dark Tower VII S/L #964

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be really great to get more detailed information about production, material etc.
    Is the book really that special to pay so much money? Yes, of course, there are only 26 pieces, but...

I´m thinking very seriously to buy the book. But I honestly afraid that I will be disappointed if I hold the book in my hands and thinking about how much I paid for it. [url=http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php]

It must be UNIQUE. [url=http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilie.php]

The paper, The illustrations, the cover, the quality of workmanship, the traycase and not least the packaging for shipment, and and and

I agreed Superfly, I too would like more info before June 21st! Pete has mentioned this book is going to be special, but I am still on the fence on this one. I'm not sure how far through production this book is, but photos would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a nice 30-50 pictures are in order. Because as it sits right now I am going to buy a Regulators over this. THAT is a book that deserves this kind of cash...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Superfly will become famous soon enough Superfly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES - Regulators is that kind of book!
    Sale The Dark Tower VII S/L #964

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    And the only reason I'm on the fence is because it's Carrie, if this were any other book it'd just be "no thanks".
    I'm curious as to why the fact that it is Carrie sways you towards buying the book. That it is Carrie and not another book is one of the reasons I listed in my post in my collection thread that I was not going to buy the book. I just don't like Carrie all that much as a novel. I'm not criticizing. I'm just interested in knowing why Carrie seems so much more important to you than me.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, lettered Regulators or a lettered Salem's Lot. If only PS publishing can match the production quality of these two....

The lettered Carrie is going to be the gem of any king collector's collection. Lets hope that it's not Glenn Chadbourne that ends up becoming (ironically) the gem of the collection. By this I mean that I hope Glen's artwork for the lettered edition is confined to the art interiors and please, please, please not included anywhere on the traycase or on the DJ (if it comes with a DJ), or on the front or back board. Glenn's artwork has a really "busy" style to it and can be a bit much at times.

-G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And the only reason I'm on the fence is because it's Carrie, if this were any other book it'd just be "no thanks".
    I'm curious as to why the fact that it is Carrie sways you towards buying the book. That it is Carrie and not another book is one of the reasons I listed in my post in my collection thread that I was not going to buy the book. I just don't like Carrie all that much as a novel. I'm not criticizing. I'm just interested in knowing why Carrie seems so much more important to you than me.
    I agree Bob... Carrie is one my least fav's... the only thing about it is that it is his first release... Mayhap that is the reason?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie is definitely not my favorite book or anywhere close for that matter. "And the only reason I'm on the fence is because it's Carrie" reflects a general bias that exists amongst collectors that an author's first novel is somehow more collectable, more desirable, a "key" book.

There are many examples of this. One that I can think of is GRRM's "DYING OF THE LIGHT" which is his first published novel! and....The GAME OF THRONES books.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post

Carrie is definitely not my favorite book or anywhere close for that matter. "And the only reason I'm on the fence is because it's Carrie" reflects a general bias that exists amongst collectors that an author's first novel is somehow more collectable, more desirable, a "key" book.

There are many examples of this. One that I can think of is GRRM's "DYING OF THE LIGHT" which is his first published novel! and....The GAME OF THRONES books.
    Exactly. And it's (usually) reflected in the value. Look at Carrie vs. The Gunslinger or Salem's in terms of print run vs. current value.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. And it's (usually) reflected in the value. Look at Carrie vs. The Gunslinger or Salem's in terms of print run vs. current value.
    So you are changing your mind? Thought you said if it was any other book.. not a chance?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

So you are changing your mind? Thought you said if it was any other book.. not a chance?
    No, no mind changing. Maybe if it was The Gunslinger or The Stand (and they hadn't already done limiteds), but if it were Salem's lot or Night Shift or something I don't think I'd even consider it.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that he said there would be "loads of goodies" or something to that effect.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not really all that interested in loads of goodies.
    I just want a top-quality book.

sk

I just reread some of Pete's weekly newsletters and it seems that the issues dated 5/9 and 5/23 do a pretty thorough job of describing the details, materials, etc.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Some very nice information about the lettered Carrie in today's PS Publishing newsletter.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Boy, Bev, yer a regular whirling dervish! Yes, Mike has been slogging for ages with the folks at Blissett's and we're almost ready. Not sure whether Steve has signed the sheets yet cos he's snuck out of school early to see a few ball games (and heck, if anyone deserves it, it's Steve). So, flushed with a sense of "let's take a break", Nicky and I are hi-tailing it for the Yorkshire Dales, just for a week. We'll be back in time to see the orders come in (or not come in, of course) on Saturday 21st at 9 pm UK time.

One thing I didn't mention in the Newsletter is this: illustrations for all of the SKELETON CREW stories are now in from Pete Von Sholly (hard to pick the best one[s] but the endpapers for 'The Mist' are remarkable and Pete's rendition of Owen and Steve from 'For Owen' got a big 'thumbs up' from Steve himself), while the first three paintings from Les Edwards for THINNER have also appeared -- stunning! So enjoy your week, whatever you're doing, wherever you're going and whomever you're with. If you're going to take a shot at the deluxe CARRIE, I wish you luck. If you're not, so be it. There'll be other projects down the road: rest assured that I'll devise other ways to get all your money, you warriors, so just stay warned. Big hugs from Yorkshire. Enjoy your weekend. I probably won't be back. We'll talk NEXT weekend, I'm sure.

Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I was withholding my opinion until I saw more of it, and now that I have - I wasn't a fan of Glenn before and this doesn't do one bit to win be over. I'm tired of seeing his art on so many SK books and cases everywhere.

For fans of Glenn, this must be like a wet dream.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I may have missed it, but what's the word regarding the link to the order page? Will that be provided beforehand, or will it just be added to the home page on the 21st?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a place to register on the site as a new customer so that all of your CC information, shipping addresses, etc can be stored ahead of time?

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

I know, I know . . . I said I wouldn't be back. So sue me already.

Hey Tony, you't win 'em all. Maybe you'll be a little happier with other stuff coming up. I hope so.

And Zelig, there will not be a link to an order page until 9 pm on 6/21.

And finally, AKC, if you want to buy the book, all you'll have to do is click on the order page and then click on purchasing the book. Even I can manage it . . . and believe me, I have trouble tying my shoes -- ask Nicky.

Best

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast