Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 182 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    I wanted to make the chore -- if he were to agree to it -- as hassle-free and 'painless' as possible
    Makes sense, Pete -- thanks for the insight into the decision. I figured it was probably far less complex than I was making it out to be.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Pete, and off topic question. Any idea when we might see Slave Girls of Gunpowder from Joe Hill? Just thought I'd ask here since you seem to be checking in. Thanks for sharing your publishing insights.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hey, Doc -- I've spoken with Joe several times about this and he's very keen to continue with the story (indeed, I think he's planning to do two more novellas in sharp succession). Alas, however, he's in such heavy demand that his schedule has taken a bit of a battering this past three or four years or so. Believe me, when Joe says he'll do it then you can rest assured he'll do it. But I fear patience is the key word with regard to the GUNPOWDER saga. However, anything worth having is always worth waiting for. Best wishes as ever -- Pete

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I heard that King was going to hand-deliver each copy and then read aloud the book to each new owner.
    For info:
    King uses his own studio to record quite a lot of the audiobooks. The following spring to mind:
    Carrie (intro)
    Salem's Lot (intro)
    The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan
    The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger
    The Revelations of Becka Paulson
    The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
    The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
    Needful Things
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes Vol 1 – Introduction
    Head Down
    Home Delivery
    It Grows on you
    Notes
    Rose Madder (with Blair Brown)
    The Green Mile (with Frank Muller)
    Hearts in Atlantis (with William Hurt)
    Blood and Smoke
    On Writing
    LT’s Theory of Pets
    The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla - Afterword
    Just After Sunset - Introduction
    Harvey's Dream
    Sunset Notes
    Under the Dome (with Raul Esparza)
    The Wind through the Keyhole – Stephen King (And extract from Doctor Sleep)
    Doctor Sleep (with Will Patton)

Bet not many members knew King had narrated so many audio books. He obviously like it, and I love hearing the author narrate his own work.
    Those are the ones that were RECORDED at his studio, but not necessarily narrated by Steve, am I correct?
    Does anyone have a list of the audiobooks he read?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I heard that King was going to hand-deliver each copy and then read aloud the book to each new owner.
    For info:
    King uses his own studio to record quite a lot of the audiobooks. The following spring to mind:
    Carrie (intro)
    Salem's Lot (intro)
    The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan
    The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger
    The Revelations of Becka Paulson
    The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
    The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
    Needful Things
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes Vol 1 – Introduction
    Head Down
    Home Delivery
    It Grows on you
    Notes
    Rose Madder (with Blair Brown)
    The Green Mile (with Frank Muller)
    Hearts in Atlantis (with William Hurt)
    Blood and Smoke
    On Writing
    LT’s Theory of Pets
    The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla - Afterword
    Just After Sunset - Introduction
    Harvey's Dream
    Sunset Notes
    Under the Dome (with Raul Esparza)
    The Wind through the Keyhole – Stephen King (And extract from Doctor Sleep)
    Doctor Sleep (with Will Patton)

Bet not many members knew King had narrated so many audio books. He obviously like it, and I love hearing the author narrate his own work.
    Those are the ones that were RECORDED at his studio, but not necessarily narrated by Steve, am I correct?
    Does anyone have a list of the audiobooks he read?
    These are the ones King narrates in full or the parts noted.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what does the "with X" means? When Steve partially reads it with the other person?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

UUUUGH. now i want all of these. I need to find something else to do besides reading all these posts.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Hey, RC (and Michael and Roseanne) -- I wanted to make the deluxe edition as special as possible, so I decided to go for the minimum quantity (which immediately made it lettered, and a strict A to Z . . . which I have to say I favour anyway). Steve and I have spoken from time to time about his signing and I wanted to make the chore -- if he were to agree to it -- as hassle-free and 'painless' as possible (you know . . . he has books to write, a family to spend time with, a life to live and so on). I could have asked him for 50 (plus comps and spares of course) but he might have said 'no' and I didn't then want to get into the old "Okay, fair enough Steve . . . so how about 40? No? Okay, 35? 30?" and so on. Best -- Pete
    Dear Mr. Pete,

I have an idea, since we all won't be able to get a lettered copy of Carrie, how about taking a PC copy and give all your adoring fans (loyal customers) a chance to win the "right" to purchase a PC copy. That way if we cant secure a copy during the mad scramble, we would have a second chance at a copy! Just a suggestion.

Better yet, limit the contest to only those that purchased a copy of Carrie GE and came up with the idea of this contest.

That would be me!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    So what does the "with X" means? When Steve partially reads it with the other person?
    King reads part of it. Maybe the start or end.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi folks -- I've just come back into my office (it's mid-evening here right now -- to draft up this week's Newsletter and I thought I'd let everybody know that we'll be announcing the date and time that the order page will go up. The first section of the book (the first 16 pages, including the signing sheet) will be going out to Steve and Glenn in the next couple of days. If you're going to be making a try for a copy, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Now, over to Rosanne, Rosanne, I have to confess that I kind of like the idea of making a PC copy available. I'm gonna give it some more thought but I guess that right now I would favour (a) the event taking place when all of the actual lettered copies have been sold and (b) the money paid for the book to go to a charity of Steve's choosing. Like I say, I'm still thinking. Best to all -- Pete

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks -- I've just come back into my office (it's mid-evening here right now -- to draft up this week's Newsletter and I thought I'd let everybody know that we'll be announcing the date and time that the order page will go up. The first section of the book (the first 16 pages, including the signing sheet) will be going out to Steve and Glenn in the next couple of days. If you're going to be making a try for a copy, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Now, over to Rosanne, Rosanne, I have to confess that I kind of like the idea of making a PC copy available. I'm gonna give it some more thought but I guess that right now I would favour (a) the event taking place when all of the actual lettered copies have been sold and (b) the money paid for the book to go to a charity of Steve's choosing. Like I say, I'm still thinking. Best to all -- Pete
    A bit late now, but it sure would have auctioned off nicely for our Haven Foundation Fundraiser...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm....a single PC copy? My first reaction when thinking of a PC copy being made available for the Carrie Lettered, where only 26 copies would be made, and where the grand price of $4300 USD is further being justified with the fact that there will only be 26 copies made...only signed limited ed of carrie ever, etc, etc..., was irritation.

I would be only irritated (but I would get over it) if only 1 PC copy was made available.

If 2 PC copies were made though I would probably lose my marbles! I'm a stickler for "exclusivity" I guess. Back when PS Publishing was promoting the anniversary editions of Pet Semetary and Christine, the original limitation on those two books was 300 copies. Even though Anniversary Editions are gimmicky in my opinion, I was really excited by the original 300 proposed limitation. However, I was saddened when the limitation was almost tripled! At least the limitation stayed under 1000 now that I think of it.

Come other crazy ass thoughts that I had yesterday as I was building my backyard fence was that perhaps the PC version of such a unique and limited book should be very different somehow....maybe have the limitation page omitted from it....or come without the traycase.....or something.

Thoughts?

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    I'm a stickler for "exclusivity" I guess.
    This is a really "PC" exclusive. There is only one.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    I'm a stickler for "exclusivity" I guess.
    This is a really "PC" exclusive. There is only one.

I like it!
    NEED:

Hi folks (and, in particular, Gunslinger) -- I've spoken with Steve and he's reluctant for ANY additional copies to be produced whether the funds go to charity or not. I guess he's protecting the folks who lay out a lot of money for something that's supposed to be STRICTLY limited only to find there are then umpteen PC copies flooding the market and I have a lot of sympathy with that, even though I was talking about just one copy (but I guess that's what they ALL say). So here's how it'll be: 26 lettered copies for sale; one copy to Steve (marked "Stephen King" on the signing sheet); one copy to Glenn (marked "Glenn Chadbourne" on the signing sheet); and one copy to me (marked "Peter Crowther" on the signing sheet); plus a single spare copy marked accordingly. Speaking for myself, my copy will stay on my shelves; I cannot speak for Steve or Glenn, of course, but I would have thought they would feel the same. If the spare copy is not used then I guess I'll tear out the signing sheet and file the book on the PS shelves. As for the charity auction thing, we'll have to see what we end up. Anyway, in the end, we're guaranteeing just 26 signed and lettered copies. My only worry right now--and it's a slight one (I hope . . . touch wood etc)--is if there are any spoils in the make-up and production process that may require my sending out more sheets (cos I'm sending out only 30 as per what I agreed with Steve). But we'll fall off of that bridge when we get to it. Hey ho . . . I guess that's what makes this job so exciting, eh?! Pete

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, only one spare copy as cushion for error? You really do like living on the edge!

Assuming it isn't used as a replacement copy, I hope you hang on to it. Perhaps after completion and release of the edition, Steve may decide to let that single extra copy be used for Haven Foundation's benefit.

In regards to Gunslinger's concerns, i do not feel that a single extra copy would tarnish the aura of exclusivity nor the secondary market prospects of the other copies.
    Last edited by Patrick; 06-04-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Typo
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wow, only one spare copy as cushion for error? You really do like living on the edge!

Yeah, that's me . . . nerves of steel. Plus I wear industrial strength diapers.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks (and, in particular, Gunslinger) -- I've spoken with Steve and he's reluctant for ANY additional copies to be produced whether the funds go to charity or not. I guess he's protecting the folks who lay out a lot of money for something that's supposed to be STRICTLY limited only to find there are then umpteen PC copies flooding the market and I have a lot of sympathy with that, even though I was talking about just one copy (but I guess that's what they ALL say). So here's how it'll be: 26 lettered copies for sale; one copy to Steve (marked "Stephen King" on the signing sheet); one copy to Glenn (marked "Glenn Chadbourne" on the signing sheet); and one copy to me (marked "Peter Crowther" on the signing sheet); plus a single spare copy marked accordingly. Speaking for myself, my copy will stay on my shelves; I cannot speak for Steve or Glenn, of course, but I would have thought they would feel the same. If the spare copy is not used then I guess I'll tear out the signing sheet and file the book on the PS shelves. As for the charity auction thing, we'll have to see what we end up. Anyway, in the end, we're guaranteeing just 26 signed and lettered copies. My only worry right now--and it's a slight one (I hope . . . touch wood etc)--is if there are any spoils in the make-up and production process that may require my sending out more sheets (cos I'm sending out only 30 as per what I agreed with Steve). But we'll fall off of that bridge when we get to it. Hey ho . . . I guess that's what makes this job so exciting, eh?! Pete

Thanks for the prompt clarification Pete. You da best! And let me clarify to Mr. Sir Patrick. I just said that I would be irritated/annoyed (but that I would get over it) with 1 PC copy.

PETE!!!! Has anyone ever told you that you look like the quintessential grandpa??? You better have grandkids!

-G
    NEED:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

He may look like the quintessential grandpa, but he would tell some pretty frightening bedtime stories!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's just me but I've never cared about the existence of PC in relation to Limiteds or Lettereds. There could be thousands for all I care. I'd rather have a numbered copy than a PC even if the PC was a lot cheaper.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I figured those were standard issue for anyone choosing to go into the independent publishing business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 182 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast