Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 182 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's perfectly clear, thanks again!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Thanks, Herbert. You're very patient. Nicky and I are just going through the order now . . . all five pages of it! Sheesh! Time for a cup of tea, methinks. (Nicky . . . ?)
    Best wishes -- Pete

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete the book sounds like it will be one great book. I would love to be able to afford it but unfortunately I am not.
    Pete for all of the others that are like me will you be posting as many pictures of the book as possible so we will have a chance to at least be able to have a good look at it. I for would like to see what it looks like from the the book to the traycase.
    If at all possible make some extra traycases so we could buy one if we wanted to. I really do like this traycase to me iot would be great just to be able to own just the traycase itself.
    Thank you Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi LostAlive -- I'll bring it up at our next production meeting but I think it's a no-go, simply because the traycase is one of the major attractions of the entire package. Same goes for the original artwork in the envelope and, of course, the 60-page gallery which shows all of the remarries. Bu yes, we'll be putting a nice spread together to show folks the full package. Best wishes -- Pete

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi LostAlive -- I'll bring it up at our next production meeting but I think it's a no-go, simply because the traycase is one of the major attractions of the entire package. Same goes for the original artwork in the envelope and, of course, the 60-page gallery which shows all of the remarries. Bu yes, we'll be putting a nice spread together to show folks the full package. Best wishes -- Pete
    Hi Pete,

You mention a 60 page Gallery booklet but if there are only 26 remarques, what else does it include - the other illustrations from the book and dust jacket illustrations?
    All the best
    Jon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Hi Pete,

You mention a 60 page Gallery booklet but if there are only 26 remarques, what else does it include - the other illustrations from the book and dust jacket illustrations?
    All the best
    Jon
    Just a guess (purefully unoffical-don't quote me ) on my part, but the art pages will likely be one-sided, thus 26 pieces equals 52 individual pages. I'd guess the other ~8 pages are cover, etc.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Sorry my friend but I have to respond to this. You seem so quick to burn everyone. Why? Cannot we all get along? Is this not a forum to discuss, state, find information, and even rant? I understand your passionate but so am I but I do my best to respect others opinions and thoughts. Not shitting on you but why not try it that way for awhile? Make a lot more friends that way Cheers, kris
    Yeah, maybe my posts have been somewhat over zealous lately, for which I apologize. Not least to those who I have 'burned' when I have disagreed with their opinion. You know, I have just returned from vacation in Tenerife and I didn't realise how much I needed a break! The stresses of everyday life eh?

We are all passionate about collecting books on this forum and although I may not agree with things people often say of these boards, I will try and keep my particular brand of 'passion' on an even keel. I certainly do not want my posts to detract from the sheer awesomeness of book collecting in general, which of course, is why we are all here in the first place...

Thank you webstar1000, for posting your thoughts on this. It has allowed me the chance to reflect on my posts and gain some clarity on the situation.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Hi Pete,

All the best
    Jon
    Just a guess (purefully unoffical-don't quote me ) on my part, but the art pages will likely be one-sided, thus 26 pieces equals 52 individual pages. I'd guess the other ~8 pages are cover, etc.
    Thanks Jerome. That makes sense + title page and copyright pages makes about 60 pages. I think my question has been answered Pete!
    Jon

Hi Guys -- Yes, that's absolutely correct (well done, Randall: fancy a job?) More meetings with the printers, this time concerning a bespoke box for the set . . . possibly illustrated. Sheesh! And meanwhile, Steve has agreed to our suggestion that Pete Von Sholly do the colour artwork for the 22 stories in SKELETON CREW (Pete having storyboarded THE MIST along with many other movies). The first illustration is in and it's a doozy . . . as are the front endpapers (featuring 'The Mist'). See how we loves ya?! Best wishes -- Pete

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Never a dull moment in Mid-World eh Pete? whats the expected timeline on Skeleton Crew?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Sorry my friend but I have to respond to this. You seem so quick to burn everyone. Why? Cannot we all get along? Is this not a forum to discuss, state, find information, and even rant? I understand your passionate but so am I but I do my best to respect others opinions and thoughts. Not shitting on you but why not try it that way for awhile? Make a lot more friends that way Cheers, kris
    Yeah, maybe my posts have been somewhat over zealous lately, for which I apologize. Not least to those who I have 'burned' when I have disagreed with their opinion. You know, I have just returned from vacation in Tenerife and I didn't realise how much I needed a break! The stresses of everyday life eh?

We are all passionate about collecting books on this forum and although I may not agree with things people often say of these boards, I will try and keep my particular brand of 'passion' on an even keel. I certainly do not want my posts to detract from the sheer awesomeness of book collecting in general, which of course, is why we are all here in the first place...

Thank you webstar1000, for posting your thoughts on this. It has allowed me the chance to reflect on my posts and gain some clarity on the situation.
    Stellar response and much appreciated brother Made a friend here
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hi Stroppy -- yeah, no rest for the wicked, eh!

And yes, nice message, TDogz -- life's too short to go around ticked off all the time. Best -- Pete

And then, like an ijit, I forgot to answer your question, Stroppy: SKELETON CREW is scheduled for next spring. THINNER for this fall. I'm thinking of booking myself into a sanatorium.

Best, Pete (puff pant, puff pant . . .)

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Guys -- Yes, that's absolutely correct (well done, Randall: fancy a job?) More meetings with the printers, this time concerning a bespoke box for the set . . . possibly illustrated. Sheesh! And meanwhile, Steve has agreed to our suggestion that Pete Von Sholly do the colour artwork for the 22 stories in SKELETON CREW (Pete having storyboarded THE MIST along with many other movies). The first illustration is in and it's a doozy . . . as are the front endpapers (featuring 'The Mist'). See how we loves ya?! Best wishes -- Pete
    Pete,

I love Pete Von Sholly's style. That's great news! I don't remember, did you say who was doing the artwork for Thinner yet?

Hi Sky As I explained to Steve, I hit on the brainwave of having part of the artwork done by Les Edwards and the other half by Edward Miller . . . seeing that Les and Edward are one and the same man albeit with markedly different styles. And, of course, it could be argued that the story of THINNER is a similar collaboration. Well, it's always good to have an idea. Best -- Pete

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Sky As I explained to Steve, I hit on the brainwave of having part of the artwork done by Les Edwards and the other half by Edward Miller . . . seeing that Les and Edward are one and the same man albeit with markedly different styles. And, of course, it could be argued that the story of THINNER is a similar collaboration. Well, it's always good to have an idea. Best -- Pete
    Ah yes, thank you Pete.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Steve has agreed to our suggestion that Pete Von Sholly do the colour artwork for the 22 stories in SKELETON CREW
    This sounds great! Will they have text on them like movie posters? Like this?

I dig that and it would be awesome to have a print set of each story with the text like a movie poster!

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete I was asking about the traycase only not all of the fantastic goodies that are going to be putting inside the traycase. But WOW all of that really does sound fantastic it makes you want to get a Lettered Edition all that much more. I know $5000.00 is a lot for a Lettered Edition but with everything that is going to be included with this edition makes it all most if not worth every penny. I am so glad you have raised the bar for the Lettered Editions to me they should be crammed full with all kinds of extra stuff besides just having a great looking traycase and a couple extra coloured art work pieces. I really do like what you are doing with this edition.
    I just hope you saved some to put into the S/L edition and speaking about the S/Ls do you have any idea when they will begin shipping?
    Once again thank you for raising the bar for the Lettered Editions,
    LoStAlIvE

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

well said

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Pete, I don't think anyone's asked yet, so I will...and if you don't want to get into behind-the-curtains business talk, I certainly understand -- but I am curious: Why did you limit the lettered CARRIE to just 26 copies, when clearly there is enough demand for many, many times that? At $4295 each, that's $111,670. Why didn't you roman numeral (or go into multiple letters, e.g. AAAA) instead of single letter, and then price them at, say, $2K @ 100'ish copies (to make up for the increased costs of a larger printrun) and recoup the same amount (even perhaps more $$ when all is said and done)? I presume that figure would still pay for the bells and whistles in the books' production and still leave a comfortable profit for all involved...or whatever that break-even point ($2200? $2500? Less?) would be to recoup the same profit, while still producing an extremely limited edition (just not hyper limited) that would be more economically accessible to a larger group of folks. I guess I'm just curious what factors led you to conceive and limit to such an oddly minuscule number of 26?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am almost positive that Stephen King would only agree to signing 26+ sheets. But Pete can answer for sure.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't the print run of a lettered edition traditionally limited to 26 copies? Because, you know, there are 26 letters in the alphabet? I always felt that a higher number (i.e. 52 copies) is artificial and only serves the purpose of raking in extra money.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Isn't the print run of a lettered edition traditionally limited to 26 copies? Because, you know, there are 26 letters in the alphabet? I always felt that a higher number (i.e. 52 copies) is artificial and only serves the purpose of raking in extra money.
    Then a Roman numeral series could be used (to distinguish it from the regular numbered edition).

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's assume that the cost of producing the book is $1,500, and that the cost wouldn't really go down if there were 100 copies instead of 26 being made. The "profit" on 26 books at $4,295 would be $72,670. The "profit" on 100 books at $2,000 would be $50,000. So there are certainly scenarios under which a 26 copy print run makes the most economic sense, and that's without the consideration of other factors like "how many books will SK sign?" and "would it be possible to sell 100 books at $2K each?".

Hey, RC (and Michael and Roseanne) -- I wanted to make the deluxe edition as special as possible, so I decided to go for the minimum quantity (which immediately made it lettered, and a strict A to Z . . . which I have to say I favour anyway). Steve and I have spoken from time to time about his signing and I wanted to make the chore -- if he were to agree to it -- as hassle-free and 'painless' as possible (you know . . . he has books to write, a family to spend time with, a life to live and so on). I could have asked him for 50 (plus comps and spares of course) but he might have said 'no' and I didn't then want to get into the old "Okay, fair enough Steve . . . so how about 40? No? Okay, 35? 30?" and so on. Best -- Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 182 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast