Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 182 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have loads of King signed lettered editions. I also have loads of books King signed in front of me. I like them all equally.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

"T-Dog" is a gadfly. He will (someday) be banned for his behavior and style of discourse. That is my prediction. I would not be willing to go back through each of his original posts and calculate what percentage of them were contrary, negative, attacking, or just plain high falutin' and opinionated (heck it was bad enough reading them once), but Id guess a large % of them are.
    Considering that you have just directed two personal insults towards me by first calling me a "chav" and now a "gadfly", I find your comments to be rather rich.

This is the second time you have suggested I will be banned because I express an opinion that differs from yours, or calls you out. You are either particularly insecure or are harbouring crypto-facist tendencies in wanting people banned for voicing a different view.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

When is the ordering page going to be up & what's the link

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    That is explained in today's newsletter from PS Publishing. You should subscribe to it post haste.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Newsletter says date yet to be decided. No link as yet.
    Jon

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info Jonp

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In some ways, I'm kind of glad that its so expensive. Now, I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have one request for the people here--if you ARE able to get a copy, could you let us all know?

Enquiring minds want to know. (Another way of saying I'm nosy :-) )

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Last year's week long (6 days) family vacation to New York cost less than what PS publishing is charging for this book.
    We stayed top floor Yotel, pretty nice accommodations (bit of luck on the room)
    Attended a reading by two of the Kings (Stephen & Owen) in person, came away with a few signed books.
    Met with fellow DT.Orger's before the event, enjoyed many outstanding meals.
    Attended a Broadway play (12th row center seats)
    Visited multiple museums including WTC ground zero, Central park, etc.
    All this for close to, but less money.
    To me, more bang for the buck kinda thing.

The same with the George Mason meet & greet event.
    Week long vacation in DC., what a blast, met a boatload of DT.Orger's
    Fantastic reading by King, he personally signed three items for my wife & I.
    Again, bank for the buck.

Although I would not spend the amount of money for this particular S/L'd Carrie, (even thought resale will probable net above 15K)
    I have in the past spent crazy amounts for some other king related item.
    Hey, to each their own. It will still be fun to see if any DT.Orger's snap one up.
    I fully understand that thinking. Values are different among us all, sometimes based on what one can afford and sometimes based on the experience.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Am i the only one who thinks that stuff like this ruins a collectors joy - and a certain market - way more then supporting it ?
    stuff like this will just destroy nearly all collectors goal of "completing" as the print run is just way to low.

I saw this in a different scene already.

The lettered collectors will try to get it, some number collectors will try and for sure some reseller.
    That will result in a situation where the lettered collectors will not be able to get their collection complete, as everybody else.

Come on… that is not good. this is just an artificial shortage of a good with the goal to make the most cash out of it with the side effect of destabilizing an infrastructure.
    For me it takes definitely more then it gives, as it will create a very very small elite of collectors and "the rest".

I hate things like that… but i guess i said that already.

The only good thing is that the print run is SO small. As nearly nobody will get one, this will (imho) result in a common sense that this
    is something that stands out of the row, and is not actually seen as doable, what (again imho) speaks against a crazy second market price.

And until here I only talk about the low number of books at all
    But what do I know.

On the price ?

I thought this would get more some kind of "expensive lottery fun" - but 4.5Grand ? pow.. thats heavy…
    I pay fair prices for good books, and i spend quite some money on my collection, but this is hard
    You get 2 signed 1/1 carries for that and still can take your lady for a nice dinner…

Even if I could bring that, I am really unsure if i will give it a try.

Sure they will sell in a second, and are for sure absolute gems in an outstanding quality,
    but i would prefer to see the publisher creating stuff that supports a
    scene and not divide it.

but this is only my very personal and emotional pov and not mend to harm anybody's opinion or effort creating this
    book.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Hi Pete,

I live approx 11 miles from your office. Can I camp outside and when the book is available for sale hand over the cash!!!

:-)
    So now that we hear the price, it may be a good idea to have a bodyguard or significant protection while you camp outside PS Pub offices

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

"T-Dog" is a gadfly. He will (someday) be banned for his behavior and style of discourse. That is my prediction. I would not be willing to go back through each of his original posts and calculate what percentage of them were contrary, negative, attacking, or just plain high falutin' and opinionated (heck it was bad enough reading them once), but Id guess a large % of them are.
    Considering that you have just directed two personal insults towards me by first calling me a "chav" and now a "gadfly", I find your comments to be rather rich.

This is the second time you have suggested I will be banned because I express an opinion that differs from yours, or calls you out. You are either particularly insecure or are harbouring crypto-facist tendencies in wanting people banned for voicing a different view.
    I am all for freedom of speech, expression, or opinion. I just am not really keen on when some put their opinions or selves on a pedestal and think they are the only answer there is because THEY believe it.

Perhaps I am out of line for mentioning banning. It certainly is not in my power. I do not own or moderate these boards. I respect those that do and also other members of the community. I am more than willing to listen to anyone's take (although that doesn't mean I will agree with it). I did not know anyone even COULD be banned until I saw someone who posted often in the Clive Barker thread who was listed as banned. This caused all the links to his pics to be broken. (i really wanted to see his stuff!)

You see we have a very tight knit community here. There is a wealth of information, friendship, and discourse to be had. I personally have witnessed you participate in a negative and trolling way and to tell the truth it irks me. I do not thik I am the only boardie who feels as such.

That being said, everyone is welcome here (until they wear their welcome out) but that does not excuse certain types of behavior. I am not calling for your banning, merely predicting that it could happen and of course who knows, I may be full of crap lol.

I do not seek to diminish anyone's voice or position. I am just wondering why someone has to come in with all guns a blazing so often (well it is in your screen name) and react so negatively and contrarily, often flaming folks or exhibiting trolling behavior .

I notice you edited out webstar's advice when you responded to my post in quote. Perhaps you should read what he wrote and think it over. I agree with his statement that you "seem so quick to burn everyone" I cant answer his question of "Why?" only you can. I can answer the question he poses "cannot we all get along?" and that answer is YES, as we have been doing so nicely for as long as I have been on these boards (15 months or so?) I, like webstar, am also very passionate and respect others opinions, thoughts, and contributions.

You see this community is somewhat different for some boards on the net. It is remarkably free of Trolls, has a fantastic level of personal communion between members and is really a great place to come share, story-tell, buy, sell, learn, give, help and hold palaver with each other. It is a fantastic place and perhaps that is why some (myself included) seem to react a little harshly at perceived negative behavior.

I am in no way trying to silence you, shun you, or exclude you, but i will certainly "call you out" as you stated if I perceive you to be behaving negatively.

Read Webstar's advice and heed it... They are some good words.

and Thankee sai to all the good folks who make up this community, it is a special place to interact.

and on that note i will stop bringing this thread off topic and allow the 99% to continue to discourse on how they cant afford a bloody (literally) Super-Collectible!

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that stuff like this ruins a collectors joy - and a certain market - way more then supporting it ?
    stuff like this will just destroy nearly all collectors goal of "completing" as the print run is just way to low.

I saw this in a different scene already.

The lettered collectors will try to get it, some number collectors will try and for sure some reseller.
    That will result in a situation where the lettered collectors will not be able to get their collection complete, as everybody else.

Come on… that is not good. this is just an artificial shortage of a good with the goal to make the most cash out of it with the side effect of destabilizing an infrastructure.
    For me it takes definitely more then it gives, as it will create a very very small elite of collectors and "the rest".

I hate things like that… but i guess i said that already.

The only good thing is that the print run is SO small. As nearly nobody will get one, this will (imho) result in a common sense that this
    is something that stands out of the row, and is not actually seen as doable, what (again imho) speaks against a crazy second market price.

And until here I only talk about the low number of books at all
    But what do I know.

On the price ?

I thought this would get more some kind of "expensive lottery fun" - but 4.5Grand ? pow.. thats heavy…
    I pay fair prices for good books, and i spend quite some money on my collection, but this is hard
    You get 2 signed 1/1 carries for that and still can take your lady for a nice dinner…

Even if I could bring that, I am really unsure if i will give it a try.

Sure they will sell in a second, and are for sure absolute gems in an outstanding quality,
    but i would prefer to see the publisher creating stuff that supports a
    scene and not divide it.

but this is only my very personal and emotional pov and not mend to harm anybody's opinion or effort creating this
    book.
    I agree with what you have stated Priest, and, for what it is worth, I feel like the way you have been spending your money lately (acquiring pristine 1st/1st copies of Night Shift, Salem's Lot, the Shining and a SIGNED 1st/1st Carrie) is the way to go!

But to each their own! The Collecting bug has bitten all of us, but only YOU can dictate what it is you want to pursue and what makes you happy.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't get the newsletter. Would someone be kind enough to post it here?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having perused all of the options (and there were a lot of options) we’ve gone for the best state in everything, including real gold foil blocking, 3000-micron boards covered in Wildman & Bugby leather, and a special box-style traycase that’s just a step or two up on the magnetized variant . . . plus a whole heap of other bits’n’pieces like to set you humming. Of course, the price is like to set you humming too, and that’s for sure so it’s looking like your house is gonna be a real little musical oasis.

It’ll be £2,595 (currently around $4,295) post- and insurance-free. We’re aiming to print up the first signature sections next week and send a little box of them across to Glenn and Steve for their signatures. Then those same sections will come back across the Atlantic to James and Kim, by which time we’ll be well on with the other elements of the project—namely the traycase, the artwork envelope, and the special gallery booklet containing all 26 of Glenn’s full-color images.

Okay, so when kin we git our mitts on this stuff? I hear you ask. Well, I want to get through at least the overseas leg of the process (and by that I mean overseas as far as I’m concerned) before we go too far ahead of ourselves so I’m expecting to put up the order page (at a date still to be decided) at 9 pm UK time (that’s in the evenin’, all you horologists out there!), which will be 4 pm for the Eastern US and Canada, and 1 pm for the West Coast and up into Vancouver. Mainland Europe will be 10 pm, 11 pm and midnight, so that shouldn’t be too bad. That just leaves Australia and I'm afraid those guys are going to be the most disadvantaged . . . having to get up in the middle of the night.

Okay? That make sense? I'm trying to do this in the best interests of as many people as possible but I strongly suggest you check your local time based on a UK time of 9 pm.

One more piece of Carrie news before we move on. Mike has now taken down the order page for the regular slipcased edition because we’re within a gnat’s necktie of selling out and we wanted to keep a couple of copies to hand in case something goes amiss. If we find we’ve got more than a couple spare, then we’ll put it up again when the dust has settled.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So this is super deluxe 26 copy Lettered edition is priced in the current market range of a S/L of THE GUNSLINGER, which has 500 signed numbered copies in a limited edition with no fancy extras vs. the trade edition other than a single signature sheet. I have a hard time complaining about that.

Pete, kudos to you for convincing Stephen King to participate in a signed limited edition of any quantity of this book after all these decades of him flat-out refusing to allow it.

And while I know SK has the final say in pricing all his limited editions, I'm glad you have the business sense to price this extremely limited edition at a level that will put a sizable chunk of revenue into your company rather than leaving it as easy profit for the scalpers. You do the work, you should earn the revenue. Some scalpers will still be there at the keyboard (God bless the secondary market), but it will thin the crowd.
    Last edited by Patrick; 05-23-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Clarity
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Having perused all of the options (and there were a lot of options) we’ve gone for the best state in everything, including real gold foil blocking, 3000-micron boards covered in Wildman & Bugby leather, and a special box-style traycase that’s just a step or two up on the magnetized variant . . . plus a whole heap of other bits’n’pieces like to set you humming. Of course, the price is like to set you humming too, and that’s for sure so it’s looking like your house is gonna be a real little musical oasis.

It’ll be £2,595 (currently around $4,295) post- and insurance-free. We’re aiming to print up the first signature sections next week and send a little box of them across to Glenn and Steve for their signatures. Then those same sections will come back across the Atlantic to James and Kim, by which time we’ll be well on with the other elements of the project—namely the traycase, the artwork envelope, and the special gallery booklet containing all 26 of Glenn’s full-color images.

Okay, so when kin we git our mitts on this stuff? I hear you ask. Well, I want to get through at least the overseas leg of the process (and by that I mean overseas as far as I’m concerned) before we go too far ahead of ourselves so I’m expecting to put up the order page (at a date still to be decided) at 9 pm UK time (that’s in the evenin’, all you horologists out there!), which will be 4 pm for the Eastern US and Canada, and 1 pm for the West Coast and up into Vancouver. Mainland Europe will be 10 pm, 11 pm and midnight, so that shouldn’t be too bad. That just leaves Australia and I'm afraid those guys are going to be the most disadvantaged . . . having to get up in the middle of the night.

Okay? That make sense? I'm trying to do this in the best interests of as many people as possible but I strongly suggest you check your local time based on a UK time of 9 pm.

One more piece of Carrie news before we move on. Mike has now taken down the order page for the regular slipcased edition because we’re within a gnat’s necktie of selling out and we wanted to keep a couple of copies to hand in case something goes amiss. If we find we’ve got more than a couple spare, then we’ll put it up again when the dust has settled.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

bwahahah, too late!

Cort would send me West for my speed on the Draw!

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Jerome, I forwarded you the email.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

But to each their own! The Collecting bug has bitten all of us, but only YOU can dictate what it is you want to pursue and what makes you happy.
    True, that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    It's REAL Gold I tells ya! I wannit now!

Perfect price Pete.
    You wish it was 10,000 pounds. That way you could log on the day after it's announced and get one.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a ridiculous price.

It sure seems this "hobby" of ours is pricing the average collector out of the game.

I want to go back to my olden days of just reading and enjoying the stories and not chasing after LIMITED! RARE! IWANTSIT! ForSpecials that I certainly cant afford and am unwise to pursue. It feels like shoveling money in a hole.

I wonder if the bubble will ever burst (like it did in the comics scene in the 90's when many publishers put out "collectors items" such as gatefold/chromium covers and sacrificed quality of story and art for Limited and rare gimmicks).

We have certainly seen the bubble begin to expand, because the Publishers have recognized the insatiable hunger of the fans who just want to seem to shovel money in a hole and are raising the prices accordingly.

I feel pretty strongly about not even WANTING this edition as, to me it symbolizes, not a celebration of Kings first work that captured the imagination of legions of fans, but yet another exercise in manufactured scarcity = desirability.

I would be MUCH happier with a 1st/1st of Carrie signed by Sai King (or heck, even a copy of CD's artist edition that I somehow get King to sign for me in person) that with spending such an enormous amount of a super rare manufactured collectible.

I think PS Publishing has screwed the pooch with this one. Why has King declined to do a S/N LE of Carrie for years? It is a good question. I would think he would NOT be happy with the fallout of this. Only 26 fans of his able to get a copy, but of course that is what he agreed to sign. I'm sure he doesn't want to get a sore hand from signing 1000 of them. And he most probably doesnt want the publisher charging usurious prices for more than a small number.

It seems to me all of these dog and pony show announcements only get me fired up, dissapointed, and unhappy with being a part of this hobby lately.

I need to get back to reading, because that is where the joy (for me) resides.
    Perhaps this could be a motivation to donate to next years fundraiser. We had less that 100 unique individuals and only 420 entries. A person that donated $100 got a tax write off, and a ~1/42 chance for a personalized King book-a true 1/1.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't banned anyone in quite some time. I don't always agree with you, or "T-Dog", but if we all just held hands and uttered the same mantra things would quickly become boring.
    So far no one has been abusive.

Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis
    I am all for freedom of speech, expression, or opinion. I just am not really keen on when some put their opinions or selves on a pedestal and think they are the only answer there is because THEY believe it.
    Interesting considering that is exactly what YOU are doing...

You see we have a very tight knit community here. There is a wealth of information, friendship, and discourse to be had. I personally have witnessed you participate in a negative and trolling way and to tell the truth it irks me. I do not thik I am the only boardie who feels as such.
    By negative you mean disagreeing with you and your "tight knit community." As for trolling, I am not the one using personal insults like "chav" and "gadfly" in my posts.

I am just wondering why someone has to come in with all guns a blazing so often (well it is in your screen name) and react so negatively and contrarily, often flaming folks or exhibiting trolling behavior
    I don't exhibit trolling behaviour. I CHALLENGE posts that are themselves deeply negative, disparaging or just plain malicious. For instance, when someone posted on another thread "Glenn Chadbourne's art is shitty" they got challenged for posting such comments.

I notice you edited out webstar's advice when you responded to my post in quote.
    There was no "editing" of comments, I was responding to your comments and not Webstar's.

I, like webstar, am also very passionate and respect others opinions, thoughts, and contributions.
    Then why do you use personal insults as a way of expressing your respect for people with different views or opinions?

I am in no way trying to silence you, shun you, or exclude you, but i will certainly "call you out" as you stated if I perceive you to be behaving negatively.
    There is a flip side to that coin. I will certainly "call you out" or ANYONE for that matter , whom I deem to be posting inflammatory or disparaging comments.

Read Webstar's advice and heed it... They are some good words.
    I am not interested in pandering to popular opinion, or ingratiating myself to others by sacrificing my own integrity. I will continue to challenge posts where I feel it necessary.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Yet they will still sell out in minutes....

And I'm gonna be pissed when I don't get one
    I don't think you are going to have a problem.

Odds are it will sell out in a day, but not in a minute.

The price is going to prevent a lot of collectors from buying one.

I have no doubt it will be awesome, but I am out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 182 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast