Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Good news, we've figured out where some of "our" numbers ended up and we're working to get them now. I'll be in touch with anyone who emailed me about getting a non-matching set as soon as I know for sure which numbers are on the way back to us.

Brian
    Awesome. Question: How will ordering be handled for the next titles in this series?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Good news, we've figured out where some of "our" numbers ended up and we're working to get them now. I'll be in touch with anyone who emailed me about getting a non-matching set as soon as I know for sure which numbers are on the way back to us.

Brian
    Awesome. Question: How will ordering be handled for the next titles in this series?
    Once Pete gives us all of the details and the OK to list the next book for sale, we'll email those who ordered Pet Sematary from us to give them first shot at ordering again so they can secure their numbers. We will be getting the same batch of numbers and I think we've figured out what went wrong this time, so everyone's sets will continue to match!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    PS' last newsletter:

Mike tells me he’s close to finishing off the layouts for Carrie and we’re well underway for the oversized lettered and remarqued edition, too! (And no, Seymour . . . just wait until the official announcement and order page go out.)
    Saw that. Pete didn't specifically say "signed", but would they even attempt an "oversized, lettered and remarqued" unsigned edition...? Possibly. But, either way, it'll probably be too pricey for me. Still, sounds neat to me.

Ron

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like this may be a S/L then... I would love to get in on that. Guys what is the best way to get a crack at these books before they are snapped up and your paying someone more after the fact.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well the best way would be to have gotten same numbers of Pet Semetary and Christine as PS are guaranteeing the same number for future releases to those that requested it. This is similar to what Grant did on the original DT releases, you had to have been a buyer of the last book with a certain number to get 1st refusal on the next.

I'm actually hoping its NOT signed as it may just be out of my price range. If they only do this one edition (and no gift version) thats going to leave a hole....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Brian
    Once Pete gives us all of the details and the OK to list the next book for sale, we'll email those who ordered Pet Sematary from us to give them first shot at ordering again so they can secure their numbers. We will be getting the same batch of numbers and I think we've figured out what went wrong this time, so everyone's sets will continue to match!

Brian
    Sounds good. And on that Lettered or Remarqued edition... will you be getting any or do we just need to chance it with ordering through PS?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So do we have any PS presence on the forum? I'd like to have them make a comment on what will be happening with Carrie as I am beginning to doubt what my understanding is.

I thought that when Carrie was released anyone who already purchased the previous 2 books AND specifically requested a number would be offered that number for Carrie as a '1st Refusal'. If for any reason you did not want to purchase the book, then it would get offered up for sale to someone else.

Now I'm wondering if it's just going to be a 1st come 1st served and if you manage to get one THEN you will be given the same number as previous books.

I really hope PS will make an 'early bird' offer to those that have requested matching numbers, especially if this book is going to be as special as it sounds. Early loyalty on original purchases should count for something IMHO
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just read on the CD forum that a newsletter went out on 14th Feb which mentioned an oversize, remarqued, LETTERED edition of Carrie. I dont seem to have received that newsletter (I did get one with the 50% off code).
    Did anyone receive that and could they post the detail here?

If it's lettered, will there be a numbered edition as well?

Traveler Dreamweapon will become famous soon enough Dreamweapon will become famous soon enough Dreamweapon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by Ari_Racing
    PS' last newsletter:

Mike tells me he’s close to finishing off the layouts for Carrie and we’re well underway for the oversized lettered and remarqued edition, too! (And no, Seymour . . . just wait until the official announcement and order page go out.)

^^^ is the only details so far. Just a teaser that went out in PS Publishing's newsletter.

dw

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweapon View Post
    Originally Posted by Ari_Racing
    PS' last newsletter:

^^^ is the only details so far. Just a teaser that went out in PS Publishing's newsletter.

dw
    Thanks. I found the email, it had been deleted off my phone which had put it in my deleted items in my main email too.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From today's PS newsletter:

COMING SOONAnd more too will be heading your way on a whole load of other items . . . including the long-awaited order page for the regular slipcased edition of CARRIE, coming next week!
    Whooo hoo!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two pictures:

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great so far. I just hope it is priced the same as the other two were.....one can hope.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    So do we have any PS presence on the forum? I'd like to have them make a comment on what will be happening with Carrie as I am beginning to doubt what my understanding is.

I thought that when Carrie was released anyone who already purchased the previous 2 books AND specifically requested a number would be offered that number for Carrie as a '1st Refusal'. If for any reason you did not want to purchase the book, then it would get offered up for sale to someone else.

Now I'm wondering if it's just going to be a 1st come 1st served and if you manage to get one THEN you will be given the same number as previous books.

I really hope PS will make an 'early bird' offer to those that have requested matching numbers, especially if this book is going to be as special as it sounds. Early loyalty on original purchases should count for something IMHO
    The regular slipcased edition of Carrie will be limited to 750 copies and numbered just like the previous editions of Christine and Pet Sematary. Those who have purchased matching numbers of the previous two books will have the chance to purchase a matching number for Carrie, by requesting it directly with Pete at PS Publishing. There is no need for an 'early bird' offer. Pete knows who has what number from the previous two books, you just need to confirm that you want the same number if you purchase Carrie.

The LETTERED edition of Carrie is still very much in pre-production. Although it is guaranteed to be oversized (7 x 10) and remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne, there is no guarantee about any other details at this point. That is why only the regular slipcased and numbered edition will be announced next week.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great can't wait. The LETTERED Edition of the book any guesses about the price tag on it? I know I will be getting the S/L edition because I have the others I wished they would just stick to the one edition but I do understand the whys and wherefores of doing a LETTERED.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Great can't wait. The LETTERED Edition of the book any guesses about the price tag on it? I know I will be getting the S/L edition because I have the others I wished they would just stick to the one edition but I do understand the whys and wherefores of doing a LETTERED.
    As certain elements of the lettered edition are still to be finalised and confirmed, it would be impossible for even Pete to guess on a price tag at this stage.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I think what everyone wants to know is will it actually be signed by King.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I'd prefer no signature to a facsimile signature.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    The price will be >$1K and<$3K. IF King signs it it will be close to $3K, if not, closer to $1K. Just an uneducated opinion, your mileage may vary.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Wow that is pretty damn expensive. I think you can snap up a copy of the S/L of A Book of Horrors for way less than that

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't it be weird to have a lettered edition that is NOT signed by King?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

I have several Lettered editions not signed by King. Although these tend to be anthologies or books about King.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have it on good authority............

..............That I won't be getting a copy. The authority being my wife!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

I have several Lettered editions not signed by King. Although these tend to be anthologies or books about King.
    That makes sense. But (IMO) it would be absurd to issue a lettered anniversary edition of King's first published novel that is not signed by him.

My Mood
    Devilish

When it comes to making a buck I don't think they care how absurd it is. Someone will always buy it even if we don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 182 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast