Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Along the Path of the Beam Tkstone is on a distinguished road Tkstone's Avatar

Default PS Publishing Lettered editions

Have pictures of any of PS Publishing lettered editions been posted on any forums here? I was always curious as to what their lettered editions looked like.

I see the Stand edition is now sold out on PS Publishing's web site. Does anyone know how long it took to sell out?

I have always been a fan of Don Maitz's artwork. I would love to see what he comes up with for some of his interiors.
    Last edited by Tkstone; 03-01-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Wanted
    A Mountain Walked by Centipede Press signed
    The Light is the Darkness by Laird Barron (Lettered Edition) by Infernal House
    Little Books Series I (15 Volume set by Borderlands Press)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tkstone View Post
    Have pictures of any of PS Publishing lettered editions been posted on any forums here? I was always curious as to what their lettered editions looked like.

I see the Stand edition is now sold out on PS Publishing's web site. Does anyone know how long it took to sell out?

I have always been a fan of Don Maitz's artwork. I would love to see what he comes up with for some of his interiors.
    You should check out "The Catalog". It has everything. The Stand went on sale at 4.00 pm GMT and your post was at 02.57 am GMT, so around 10 hours.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like that picture!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The UK Lettered Army...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product....3&cat=0&page=1

Bad Moon Books has more copies. The mark-up is reasonable when you consider the international shipping.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    http://www.badmoonbooks.com/product....3&cat=0&page=1

Bad Moon Books has more copies. The mark-up is reasonable when you consider the international shipping.
    . Nope. NOT reasonable at all. Money grab! They purchase the book at a discount from PS.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I purchase my current number from a US distributer. Overlook Connections. They do NOT raise the price to current subscribers. I talked to PETE about the price increases after someone tried to do this with a previous book in the series and he was surprised that a vendor would do this to US customers. If I was buying from BAD Moon I would complain if I was buying the series from them. New customers, on their own, buyer beware.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Buyer beware of what exactly? A slight markup on an OOP book? Choose Media Mail on checkout if available and do the math against the UK to US shipping. The difference isn't drastic.

Also, you have no knowledge whatsoever whether BMB charges more to previous customers. I used the get CD Doubleday years from Roy and there was no markup.
    Aaaand, if you go back a few pages I did post a link to The Stand from BMB for $160. Anyone could've ordered it.

It's disrespectful to sully someone's good name based on hearsay, especially because Bad Moon has been publishing and distributing books for years. I've never heard a single complaint.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Buyer beware of what exactly? A slight markup on an OOP book? Choose Media Mail on checkout if available and do the math against the UK to US shipping. The difference isn't drastic.

Also, you have no knowledge whatsoever whether BMB charges more to previous customers. I used the get CD Doubleday years from Roy and there was no markup.
    Aaaand, if you go back a few pages I did post a link to The Stand from BMB for $160. Anyone could've ordered it.

It's disrespectful to sully someone's good name based on hearsay, especially because Bad Moon has been publishing and distributing books for years. I've never heard a single complaint.
    I gotta agree here. Roy is the kindest, nicest man I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Roy is also a pretty funny guy. He's e-mailed me comments that made me burst out laughing, none that I can share here. I've ordered from him a few times with no problems at all.
    I get all my PS King books from SubPress, I have a standing order.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

He was also able to get Koontz to inscribe a book from me and himself to my wife for Christmas. Issue price. I mean, the book wasn't great, but it was still a cool gesture.

Also, and this is important, he takes risks when he publishes new authors. Some have gone on to write full-time, some have graduated to bigger publishers. If he takes the extra $20 he's making from The Stand to put it towards the upcoming new John R. Little book, I'm all for it.

My Mood
    Asleep

Not trying to sully any ones good name. just pointing out that a $50 markup for shipping is NOT a good price. Just pointing out that a $50 mark up is not IDEAL for me or other members that are not "in the know". when the price was marked up for me, I called PS publishing, got the facts and then contacted my US distributer and they agreed to the retail price.

More informational and NOT trying to sully anyone's name. People should just be aware here.

NO VIDEOS or NAME Calling. Just presenting facts to the members here.
    sorry if I offended you (or Roy)

Goldmember badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Glenn, figured I would chime in when I was informed of this thread. Despite being an ordained Lutheran pastor (call it a late life 19th career...lol) I have been running Bad Moon Books for over 40 years. I have had my ups and down like any bookseller and publisher. Like someone said above, of the 125+ books I have published, only 2 are household names outside of the horror community (Barker & Ligotti). I have taken chances to give new authors voices, and have made virtually no money publishing. But, I have made great friends and published some authors, such as John R. Little (including his new one THE MURDER OF JESUS CHRIST) and Lisa Morton who are now lifelong friends. I have known Rich Chizmar, Pete Crowther, Paul Miller (I showed Paul his first limited ed. at my home, LONG before Earth;ling) and the like for many, many years. I have had to take more oysters than pearls over those years from all of these publishers and many more. Once in a while, an opportunity arises to make a bit of money on a book, and I do, I run a business, an ethical, and legit business and it costs a bunch to keep it going. Do I get a discount, YES, but many times it is a short discount and the cost of freight from the UK is horrendous. Long story short, I make no apologies for marking books up when they are out of print, even prior to publication. It's no different than someone buying Misery for cover and pricing it $4000, except my overhead costs are a TON higher. I know that Pete knows that I mark these books up, so I don't buy that he would be upset for a dealer doing so.
    BTW, 125 sterling + shipping from UK is probably 135 sterling, which at today's rate is about $180.
    Well, enough said for now. Blessings, Roy
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory to be revealed in us Romans 8:18

Roy, I feel enlightened!
    It worked!

Goldmember badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough badmoonbooks will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

God works in mysterious ways... LOL
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory to be revealed in us Romans 8:18

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've dealt with Roy since my early collecting years-I've NEVER had an issue with him. Ever. He's one of the good guys in my book!

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Roy, I feel enlightened!
    It worked!
    Thanks for the reply! Never said Pete was upset, just surprised. He was trying to work with me and the vendor because of the snafu when PS shipped a lot of wrong numbers in the second books release, PET Semetery.

This site is educational and I was merely letting members know to contact their US distributer if prices are above retail. I guess I could of worded it better to a few members here that did NOT understand my intent.

My Mood
    Amused

Glenn, no harm done mate.

Country
    Country Flag

"Awesome. Awesome to the max."

And, you misspelled the already misspelled PET SEMATARY.

Time to go back to school (see Van Halen for correct choice of teacher)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Roy is a great guy. Always enjoy our chats buddy. A pioneer in this field. Respect.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I’d just like to add to the kudos for Roy. He’s always done right by me. He’s a gentleman.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone missed out, DRP is selling PS's THE STAND here:

https://darkregions.com/products/the...r-set-preorder

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Don Maitz just shared this on Reddit (at least, that’s where I found it). It’s one of the interior illustrations for PS’s The Stand, showing “Randal Flagg appearing in a dream.”

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Don Maitz just shared this on Reddit (at least, that’s where I found it). It’s one of the interior illustrations for PS’s The Stand, showing “Randal Flagg appearing in a dream.”

That’s SICK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast