Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Word is Stand is next!
    Sometimes it seems like these things are synchronized (we know Cemetery Dance will announce (re-announce, really, since some editions have already been sold) their The Stand at some point in the next x months, and I think multiple Carries and Salem's Lots appeared not far from each other not too long ago, although I may well be off on the dates).

I'm not saying it actually is, or that we should blame any of them, it's just...odd.

Or maybe not so odd, given that King's first 6 or so titles hold real drawing power for collectors and the temptation (or need, really) to farm the fertile ground is inescapable.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Word is Stand is next!
    Sometimes it seems like these things are synchronized (we know Cemetery Dance will announce (re-announce, really, since some editions have already been sold) their The Stand at some point in the next x months, and I think multiple Carries and Salem's Lots appeared not far from each other not too long ago, although I may well be off on the dates).

I'm not saying it actually is, or that we should blame any of them, it's just...odd.

Or maybe not so odd, given that King's first 6 or so titles hold real drawing power for collectors and the temptation (or need, really) to farm the fertile ground is inescapable.
    Yeah, it's interesting. There are some books, most books, where I'll just pick the one edition to get if there's more than one publisher putting out an edition. Like Hill House and The Shining. I picked my publisher and didn't look back. But THE STAND is a must buy for me. I have two editions on order from CD. And I'll get the PS edition as well.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand is my favorite King book of all time but this will be an easy pass for me. The anniversary series no longer holds a draw for me personally. I may (heavy on the may) pick up CDs edition if still available at cost.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The Stand is my favorite King book of all time but this will be an easy pass for me. The anniversary series no longer holds a draw for me personally. I may (heavy on the may) pick up CDs edition if still available at cost.
    I only buy books that are signed now by King.... just not enough space...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm nowhere near that focused or well off. I attempt to draw lines that I constantly cross lol. The coffin would be my holy grail.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I am very interested to see what PS does with The Stand. There are certainly many ways to go with that, design-wise.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very interested to see what PS does with The Stand. There are certainly many ways to go with that, design-wise.
    I will say that using Don is the best artist they have (for me) as of yet. So that is a huge plus. I am not a big fan of Ned's work for CD and that one shot of Don's is amazing. I assume they will keep the style and feel of the past ones the same to follow some kind of conformity... BUT I do wish they would break out a little more in terms of production. The last Stand was AMAZING. I am also assuming King will sign the 26... that is the word on the 'book street'. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1133647]

The last Stand was AMAZING.
    The last Stand? Did PS publish an edition of The Stand already? Are there editions I don't know about?

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=jeffingoff;1133649]

The last Stand? Did PS publish an edition of The Stand already? Are there editions I don't know about?
    Coffin Stand... one of the best S/L's ever produced!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1133650]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

AH Yes!!! No doubt. It's my Holy Grail as well.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is the interior of the "coffin" Stand the same as the original Doubleday hardcover?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1133650]
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Agree. I am so happy that I have one. I only have the Christine from PS and no lettered from them. I know it's going to be too much anyway so it's a pass for me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You need a bigger house.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody has done a signed limited of The Stand (1978). The "coffin" is The Stand Uncut (1990).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Nobody has done a signed limited of The Stand (1978). The "coffin" is The Stand Uncut (1990).
    Well said Alan... never thought of it that way. I hope they do the original in this case then.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

ok ok... NOW we are talking. LOVE the new look of the Stand from PS. The art shown is amazing. Anyone see it today?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea. It looks really good. I like the splitting of the book into volumes. Too bad the signed one will be several thousand dollars. Oh well. Like I said, we can't get everything.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Too bad the signed one will be several thousand dollars.
    If there will be one. Think there will be, but nothing's certain yet...

sk

Country
    Country Flag

ok ok... NOW we are talking. LOVE the new look of the Stand from PS. The art shown is amazing. Anyone see it today?
    I love how the title echoes the original typeface (or is it an exact match?).

Definitely getting this one as well as the CD edition.

Art looks amazing. I hope they'll match my Tommyknockers number.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Too bad the signed one will be several thousand dollars.
    If there will be one. Think there will be, but nothing's certain yet...

sk
    PS is sometimes hard to follow. No date yet right? If it looks that good and the prices is right, I may get it unsigned. As long as I am fast enough and know when it is released.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guess I’ll see how the art is. If it’s just abstract skeleton stuff I’ll probably pass.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Could someone please post the artwork? I closed my account where I was getting all the newsletters etc. and haven't subscribed yet with the new one. Thanks.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DEATH looks fine, but the skeletons.... not so much in my opinion !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it kind of reminds me of a dancing skeleton screensaver I had fifteen years ago.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast