Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 182 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had problems with wrong numbers being sent from both PS and Cd and they've busted their backs to sort it out (and I was lucky that they were able to). However, you'd think this error still happens all a bit too frequently, and that they'd have more stringent processes to prevent it happening in the first place.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    and that they'd have more stringent processes to prevent it happening in the first place.
    I'm totally clue-less as to what could go wrong here. I mean, if one individual is packing a box, all he/she has to do is comparing the number written on the packing slip to that in the book.
    Guess that's not how the packing/shipping process works.

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

As trump would say. SAD!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had problems with wrong numbers being sent from both PS and Cd and they've busted their backs to sort it out (and I was lucky that they were able to). However, you'd think this error still happens all a bit too frequently, and that they'd have more stringent processes to prevent it happening in the first place.
    But if I had understand it correctly, it was quite different : 1 mistake vs a mistake on possibly all of the requested numbers (which obviously we do not know how many people requested one)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    As trump would say. SAD!
    Or...he/she who packed the box is a loser
    P2

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This matching number business seems like a constant headache. I'm surprised the publishers make that available given all the grief it causes.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Same problem here. Packing slip correctly says 335, but book is numbered 759. Oh well...
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    This matching number business seems like a constant headache. I'm surprised the publishers make that available given all the grief it causes.
    It is called customer service... and 90% sincerely appreciate it.. it would surprise me if one did NOT do it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Same problem here. Packing slip correctly says 335, but book is numbered 759. Oh well...
    Still within the same pint...
    just out of curiosity- Where are you located?

Edit- wrong so far:
    744,752&759

Just speculation, but it Looks like they just forgot us and as they realized they just send us the next they had...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It is called customer service... and 90% sincerely appreciate it.. it would surprise me if one did NOT do it.
    I've been told that the numbering helps to keep a publisher honest as well. A publisher could announce a 1000 print run for a limited but then publish say 1100 copies and no one would ever know. The numbering system helps prevent such shenanigans.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

NY, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Still within the same pint...
    just out of curiosity- Where are you located?

Edit- wrong so far:
    744,752&759

Just speculation, but it Looks like they just forgot us and as they realized they just send us the next they had...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    and that they'd have more stringent processes to prevent it happening in the first place.
    I'm totally clue-less as to what could go wrong here. I mean, if one individual is packing a box, all he/she has to do is comparing the number written on the packing slip to that in the book.
    Guess that's not how the packing/shipping process works.

sk
    Someone didn't play Memory as a kid. Seems to not be as big of a problem if you acquire the books via a different publisher.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've been told that the numbering helps to keep a publisher honest as well. A publisher could announce a 1000 print run for a limited but then publish say 1100 copies and no one would ever know. The numbering system helps prevent such shenanigans.
    Some publishers have dozens of "PC" copies.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That isn't a number though. Three is nothing dishonest in that... and I cannot recall seeing a non-King signed PC... right off the top of my head anyways...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That isn't a number though. Three is nothing dishonest in that... and I cannot recall seeing a non-King signed PC... right off the top of my head anyways...
    When a publisher places a Signed Limited order with his printer, he doesn't order the exact number of copies needed. He orders more than needed for a few reasons. One is that some might be damaged at some point and will need replacement. Another is that the printer has a margin of error. Depending on what was ordered and the subsequesnt circumstances there may be very few or quite a few PC copies. PS has certainly over-ordered in the past.

Kris, what do you mean by, "I cannot recall seeing a non-King signed PC."?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    When a publisher places a Signed Limited order with his printer, he doesn't order the exact number of copies needed. He orders more than needed for a few reasons. One is that some might be damaged at some point and will need replacement. Another is that the printer has a margin of error. Depending on what was ordered and the subsequesnt circumstances there may be very few or quite a few PC copies.

I mean the book just released... NIght Shift. Was there PC's of that? I have not seen any of those style books is what I meant.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    When a publisher places a Signed Limited order with his printer, he doesn't order the exact number of copies needed. He orders more than needed for a few reasons. One is that some might be damaged at some point and will need replacement. Another is that the printer has a margin of error. Depending on what was ordered and the subsequesnt circumstances there may be very few or quite a few PC copies.

I mean the book just released... NIght Shift. Was there PC's of that? I have not seen any of those style books is what I meant.
    I expect there will be once they get all their orders shipped.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any problem with them numbering the books. What I'm surprised they put up with is the pedantic and pointless requests for the specific numbers and trying to keep up/predict who will order which books. Customer service is one thing but that process seems as much a source of aggravation as anything.

Country
    Country Flag

"pedantic and pointless" ???

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any problem with them numbering the books. What I'm surprised they put up with is the pedantic and pointless requests for the specific numbers and trying to keep up/predict who will order which books. Customer service is one thing but that process seems as much a source of aggravation as anything.
    Publishers also benefit from the numbering request. It's a useful strategy in having customers (who may not want to buy everything) to end up buying everything and have a complete matching set with all the same numbers. Publishers know we're an obsessive, perfectionistic bunch, and the numbering system feeds that. Values on the secondary market also show this.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Publishers also benefit from the numbering request. It's a useful strategy in having customers (who may not want to buy everything) to end up buying everything and have a complete matching set with all the same numbers. Publishers know we're an obsessive, perfectionistic bunch, and the numbering system feeds that. Values on the secondary market also show this.
    Pretty much this. It's a blessing and a curse. On the secondary market, if I see something with my number, I will pay more for it and it also makes it easier to pass on other items that do not have my number.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Night Shift showed up today in Dallas with the correct lucky number 7. A sigh of some relief.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

HUH?!?!
    From the newsletter:
    We just received the OK from Steve and his agent to reprint THE COLORADO KID . . . and I’m delighted to say that Dave McKean has agreed to produce new artwork. Watch this space.

That’s it for this week. Enjoy the sunshine (wear high factors!) and have fun with those you care about. Happy reading.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    HUH?!?!
    From the newsletter:
    We just received the OK from Steve and his agent to reprint THE COLORADO KID . . . and I’m delighted to say that Dave McKean has agreed to produce new artwork. Watch this space.

That’s it for this week. Enjoy the sunshine (wear high factors!) and have fun with those you care about. Happy reading.
    Lol, that's what I was thinking. ???
    I like McKean's art but exactly how many editions of this does one need?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Money grab... again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 182 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast