Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    PS might want to change the spelling on book 1 cover to Marsten House!
    1st thing I spotted too
    First thing I noticed, too. Anyway, I like this a lot and will be ordering a copy.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will Sub Press being getting some copies of Salem's Lot? Ordered the last two from there, so was going to wait and pick it up from them again if they will be.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never ordered a PS book. For US orders is it less expensive to order via a third party like CD or is it basically a wash. If so a direct order probably gets processed and delivered much quicker.

Thanks in advance for insights.
    They have typically been right around $100 from Sub Press.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Any thoughts on the art?

I don't care for the slipcase cover. Although 'Salem's Lot is a vampire novel it is really more about the state of Jerusalem's Lot as well as the specter of the Marsten House. What makes the novel so effective is the relatively small amount of time Barlow and his vampires are on stage and to have 50% of the cover art represented by him seems out of balance.
    I really like the mood and image for Book 1. Not so much for Book 2. The Emperor of Ice Cream is a poem about death and I would have preferred something more representitive than an image of Barlow. I like Book 3 as well although I would have included the Marsten House on the horizon as that is where Ben and Mark are heading for their final confrontation with Barlow. Better yet, add the the Marsten House and remove the figures as it would present a more effective vibe of the deserted village. Also would have included the title of each book on the spine only.
    This isn't meant to be negative or critical; I just would have gone a different route with some of the illustrations. I really like the three volume presentation and that it primarily why I intend to order copy.
    I agree that the slipcase isn't the best of the bunch, it feels more like a cover for Dracula.
    The other artwork looks good. I think PS and CD both hit the mark on the illustrations they commissioned for the new editions.
    The three volume approach is nice on this one, though I'm more of a fan of no dust jackets for multi-volume sets(see The Green Mile limited).
    Mark Twain

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Copy ordered! And came very close to ordering the remaining THINNER lettered.
    (But in euros the book looks much more expensive than in Pound Sterling..)

sk

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I have never ordered a PS book. For US orders is it less expensive to order via a third party like CD or is it basically a wash. If so a direct order probably gets processed and delivered much quicker.

My Skeleton Crew preorder was $105 + $6.65 shipping.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

My Skeleton Crew preorder was $105 + $6.65 shipping.

Thanks.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh... why the hell are these pictures in the newsletter so small?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    click on them, they will link to high res artwork
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the cover and slipcase art. I just hope they are littered with more inside. This may be PS's best publication yet!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping I wouldn't like their edition but the three book approach is too much of an appeal to pass up on. I think it looks cool.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that I'll always find Salem's Lot editions to be cool.....though, it would be good if this was the last of them for a while. There are plenty of other great books that don't have ANY other editions outside of the initial publication.

I DO love the 3 volume approach. As said before, Different Seasons, when/if it ever gets done REALLY deserves this kind of treatment. I know these are just the mock-ups, but also see that Emperor is spelled incorrectly on the spine of Vol II, but correctly on the front. I really like the artwork too, but do prefer the Palumbo illustrations to this point. On Vol III, I'm just CRAVING to see the tiniest hint of the roofline of the Marsten House through the fog.

I know I'm sounding critical, but this is shaping up to be my favorite of the PS editions. Great job, Pete, Fangorn, Nicky and the rest of the PS team!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered mine last night. Really like the look of this set

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my set as well! I'm happy with the way these look but the books would be even nicer without any text on the front covers.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to switch from ordering from PS to Sub Press. Does anyone know, based on the previous releases when you can start ordering from Sub Press after PS makes a new title available?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't ordered any of the recent PS King editions.

I'm getting a copy of this one though. I like it a lot.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the entire collection is very good. I ordered mine last night. I really do like this collection. I am kind of hoping PS does a variant of this but then again I hoping not but either way I would buy it to.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I had to switch from ordering from PS to Sub Press.
    Why?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I had to switch from ordering from PS to Sub Press.
    Why?
    Because I had the whole set with matching numbers, except for Christine and it always bugged me. I could never find that number so I ended up purchasing the full set from a member, all matching and including Christine.

The issue was that the number of this set had already been assigned to Sub Press so I had to switch to ordering from them in order to maintain the number on future releases.

It's not a problem for me and really don't mind. At least I will have matching numbers now on everything. I was just curious when 'Salem's will be available for order from Sub Press. I guess I could just email them.

Thanks for your follow up. I was just wondering if there was a concern with ordering directly from PS and it appears there isn't.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

No concern at all. I've always had a great experience ordering from PS. That's what I used to do on my first set.

Additional 'Salem's Lot artwork here: https://app.mailerlite.com/e4u9c6

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

I don't like the inconsistency of having King's name at the top on two of the covers with the title at the bottom but the opposite way round on the third book. I can see that the artwork on The Deserted Village has prompted the change, but maybe it would be better to centre the image higher so there's less sky and more road to allow room for the title at the bottom without obscuring the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    I don't like the inconsistency of having King's name at the top on two of the covers with the title at the bottom but the opposite way round on the third book. I can see that the artwork on The Deserted Village has prompted the change, but maybe it would be better to centre the image higher so there's less sky and more road to allow room for the title at the bottom without obscuring the figures.
    Better yet no name or title on the front, just on the spine.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    click on them, they will link to high res artwork

i was referring to the images in the newsletter - imo small
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast