Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Wow I never heard any announcement of the last 3. Having said that, I usually only skim their newsletters, so possible I overlooked it.
    Words are cut and pasted from an email today from PS Publishing.
    Oh ok, I assume that is some other newsletter, or perhaps a message only to customers of the Lettered editions? Last email I got from them was on 11/2, which anounced the shipping of these books. Or maybe I am not subscribed to all the newsletters.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Looks Great!. Just curious, is King still signing the lettereds?
    Yes. The photos should be in the catalog soon.

The next deluxe books planned are: TOMMYKNOCKERS followed by NEEDFUL THINGS, THE STAND and THE DEAD ZONE.

It has not been confirmed that KING is signing any new books! NIght Shift is signed by King.
    NIGHT SHIFT is signed? I don't think I knew that. TOMMYKNOCKERS is pretty far down the production road - has there been definitive confirmation either way on a signature yet or is it still TBD?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow I never heard any announcement of the last 3. Having said that, I usually only skim their newsletters, so possible I overlooked it.
    Words are cut and pasted from an email today from PS Publishing.
    I dont remember recieveing a newsletter from PS today. Maybe it was only sent to VIP customers?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

The next deluxe books planned are: TOMMYKNOCKERS followed by NEEDFUL THINGS, THE STAND and THE DEAD ZONE.

It has not been confirmed that KING is signing any new books! NIght Shift is signed by King.

In felt pen/sharpie...ouch! (Glossy sig sheets are not the way to go).

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, you didn't. PS have not made an announcement yet re these titles.
    So far, you could only find that news here.

sk

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Well THAT'S an interesting Photo!

Care to comment Mr RT?
    I took it as a nod to or a jab at Suntup--pointing out the similarities in the typewriter design treatment. Both of these lettered editions (Suntup's Misery and PS's Night Shift) designated their letter by using a typewriter key. Though Suntup did it better.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Both of these lettered editions (Suntup's Misery and PS's Night Shift) designated their letter by using a typewriter key.
    That's a typewriter key? I thought it was just a stamped (embossed, etc.) letter inside a circle.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Both of these lettered editions (Suntup's Misery and PS's Night Shift) designated their letter by using a typewriter key.
    That's a typewriter key? I thought it was just a stamped (embossed, etc.) letter inside a circle.
    Well it doesn’t appear to be an actual typewriter key. But if you look at the cover design it looks like the title treatment seems to be made up of typewriter key elements. That’s why the entire word shift is in a circle. It’s supposed to be the shift key. And then PS used the same design element to designate the letter of each copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Well it doesn’t appear to be an actual typewriter key. But if you look at the cover design it looks like the title treatment seems to be made up of typewriter key elements. That’s why the entire word shift is in a circle. It’s supposed to be the shift key. And then PS used the same design element to designate the letter of each copy.

But PS has done that letter designation since Carrie, which was released in 2014?
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Country
    Country Flag

Huh. I did not know that.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yep. They did. In 2014. Not that I could afford that either. Here is Carrie
    http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...rrie-40th.html
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...+Lettered+-+UK

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post

But PS has done that letter designation since Carrie, which was released in 2014?
    To be clear, I wasn't saying that PS was copying Suntup. I interpreted Mr. Rabbit Trick's post as a way of pointing out that the Key thing has been done before Suntup with Night Shift.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the Suntup edition of Misery was released well before the PS edition of Night Shift, I would say that the "key thing" was first done by Suntup, and was also more relevant to the book.

Of course PS has always (Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining lettered editions) stamped the letter of the edition inside of a circle, but this is the first time it resembles a typewriter key.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't confirm this because I don't have the edition, but I'm almost sure the typewriter keys design were part of the DJ of the PS Publishing edition (and probably inside the book as well), which has been published last year.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Since the Suntup edition of Misery was released well before the PS edition of Night Shift, I would say that the "key thing" was first done by Suntup, and was also more relevant to the book.

Of course PS has always (Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining lettered editions) stamped the letter of the edition inside of a circle, but this is the first time it resembles a typewriter key.
    Yeah, I've never seen a PS lettered. But the other Night Shift editions had the same key designs and I saw those well before Suntup's Misery. THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT an accusation on my part that Paul was copying the design. I think Paul's design was absolutely relevant and perfect and brilliant for Misery. I simply thought that Mr. Rabbit Trick was pointing out the similarity--thus the appearance of the pig and penguin. It struck me as odd and pretty uncalled for. But to each their own.

I'm a huge fan of both Suntup and PS and think there's plenty of room for typewriter keys on beautiful editions. Night Shift looks spectacular.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not correct. The PS Publishing Artist Edition was release on 21st May 2017. Over a year before any Suntup edition.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely missed that announcement too. I think I remember Needful Things being mentioned somewhere but not The Stand or The Dead Zone. I also can't swing the lettered editions but I do enjoy getting the trades. I also usually just order direct from PS. They're cheaper, they pack well, they arrive upon release, and the shipping from the UK to US is not outrageous.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I completely missed that announcement too. I think I remember Needful Things being mentioned somewhere but not The Stand or The Dead Zone.
    You didn't miss anything: The Stand nor The Dead Zone have been (officially) announced.

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

No happy ending yet, but on 11/17 PS Publishing shipped my Lettered Night Shift. Peter sent me the tracking # and I watched my package being delivered. On 11/27 USPS said my package was delivered to Mannheim PA and left at door. Needless to say I freaked out. That's 5 to 7 states away. Right Country. Wrong state. Email to Pete quickly established he sent wrong tracking #. He immediately sent the right one. Only to find out my book was sitting in customs and NOT moving. 16 emails back and forth and we finally got a xmas miracle on Dec 6 the package is moving again. Did not arrive yet, but this is 3 1/2 weeks later. Point is, book was $3800 and I watched it, contacted PS publishing, he searched for it, I searched for it. I did not wait for 1 or 2 months and then file a claim. A book at that price is worth tracking. I find David's situation very sad and disturbing.

Pete handled everything very professionally and was just as worried as I was about my book. I hope it gets here soon! Thank You PETER C at PS Publishing!!!

Along the Path of the Beam ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough

Still trying to track down the owner of the PS Publishing lettered edition of Thinner - letter P.

I would be amazed if the owner wasn’t a member of this site or at the very least a member here would know the owner.

The hunt is still on 😂😂

Also number 3 (PC copy) of Carrie is still eluding me............

Along the Path of the Beam ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough

Still no joy............come in guys and girls ..........where are these elusive volumes 😂😂😂

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else catch the Don Maitz art tease in today's newsletter? Think it might be The Stand?
    Announcement later this week! I do hope it's another King anniversary edition

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I saw that. It would be neat it it was a Stand limited. But with so many things going on, it would be very difficult to get for me. Oh well, we can't get EVERYTHING.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Did anyone else catch the Don Maitz art tease in today's newsletter? Think it might be The Stand?
    Announcement later this week! I do hope it's another King anniversary edition
    JEEZLY CROW! I totally missed that! Looks like I'll have to make some shelf space!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word is Stand is next!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 182 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast