Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 182 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you *only* have one of each?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I have just received the lettered copy of Skeleton Crew, PS Publishings third offering in this phenomenal series. This is a leviathan of a book the proportions of which are staggering. The quality is exacting and fit with Carrie and Thinner to produce a trilogy of lettered books to match anything out there. Even though the text block is heavy it will be many years before gravity has its own way on the spine construction of this volume. I should have some images on my collection thread shortly. It is expensive, all three are expensive, but at the end of it you have books that you will still want to hold years after owning them. They have all sold, a testament to the design and the price.
    I have been an advocate for this set of books from the very start and would dearly love to hear what other collectors who own the three feel about them.
    I passed on Carrie, but fell in love with the lettered Thinner. Without a doubt, not only the most expensive lettered I own, but also the nicest. And nice doesn't come close to describing this edition.
    Can't wait for Skeleton Crew, which most likely will arrive next week over here.

sk
    I own all 3 as well but I actually bought 3 copies of each (2 were sold to customers, one is a member here)....Can't wait for Skeleton Crew to arrive here....I ADORE these Lettered editions, especially with the piece of original art. Expensive yes, but just beautiful and loving construction put into these editions.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Do you *only* have one of each?
    Two of each.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

According to the latest newsletter, they still haved a lettered (D) SKELETON CREW lettered available
    I had the option to buy this and secure a matching letter for future books in the series, but Pete was very honest and told me this was the last lettered edition that would be signed by King, so I declined.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    According to the latest newsletter, they still haved a lettered (D) SKELETON CREW lettered available
    I had the option to buy this and secure a matching letter for future books in the series, but Pete was very honest and told me this was the last lettered edition that would be signed by King, so I declined.
    What about Salems?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Skeleton Crew is likely to be the LAST Lettered signed by King in this series. Other Lettered editions (4 more I think) are likely to be published but obviously at much lower prices...King has said he is simply tired of signing so many books. That is the reason...NOTHING to do with PS Publishing.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

With that in mind, that may imply that Skeleton Crew may indeed be the last signed Stephen King limited/lettered edition, not just for PS but period. Especially considering it is quite a low print run, 26+, and if he's no longer interested in signing those, what are the chances he'll sign 500 or 1000 books?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    With that in mind, that may imply that Skeleton Crew may indeed be the last signed Stephen King limited/lettered edition, not just for PS but period. Especially considering it is quite a low print run, 26+, and if he's no longer interested in signing those, what are the chances he'll sign 500 or 1000 books?
    WELL said... we may not see another
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

And I thought life couldn't get any sadder.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dont worry : Matt here will probably get an unsigned lettered to get it signed, so there will be a few more signed lettered (in his collection).
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't read too much into this. Just because King has put a halt on signing any more Lettered editions for PS Publishing, doesn't mean that he's done with signing books altogether.

Remember, King is the most sought after author on the planet, and as such, he is constantly receiving requests from publishers from all over the world - all asking him to sign special editions of one of his books. PS Publishing were fortunate that King agreed to sign a Lettered edition of Carrie, but this was followed by a further 3 Lettered editions (Thinner, Salem's Lot and Skeleton Crew) in very quick succession. I would think King probably said that Skeleton Crew would be the last one that he would sign, in order for PS Publishing to understand that he would not be willing to sign his entire back catalog over a short period of time.

King probably just wants to take a breather and will likely be more amenable to signing requests in the future, if things slowed down. He may also wish to give a different publisher the chance of releasing a signed limited edition, in order to be fair to others.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You bring up a good point Tim!

We just need to keep our fingers crossed. Don't pay too much heed to this doomsayer!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Don't read too much into this. Just because King has put a halt on signing any more Lettered editions for PS Publishing, doesn't mean that he's done with signing books altogether.

Remember, King is the most sought after author on the planet, and as such, he is constantly receiving requests from publishers from all over the world - all asking him to sign special editions of one his books. PS Publishing were fortunate that King agreed to sign a Lettered edition of Carrie, but this was followed by a further 3 Lettered editions (Thinner, Salem's Lot and Skeleton Crew) in very quick succession. I would think King probably said that Skeleton Crew would be the last one that he would sign, in order for PS Publishing to understand that he would not be willing to sign his entire back catalog over a short period of time.

King probably just wants to take a breather and will likely be more amenable to signing requests in the future, if things slowed down. He may also wish to give a different publisher the chance of releasing a signed limited edition, in order to be fair to others.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.. but he is done at S Crew no? Meaning no Salems?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

You bring up a good point Tim!

We just need to keep our fingers crossed. Don't pay too much heed to this doomsayer!
    The information i received stated that KING is taking a break from signing any Signed Limiteds per his agent. You know Steve cant say no. So his agent is doing the dirty work for him. I hope this changes in the future. But for the time being Skeleton Crew is the last signed limited that we will be getting (until further notice).

You are not a doomsayer, just a realist. I was not one getting my hopes up about CTCC either! Knowing the info above. 26 copies should be easy compared to 1000 prints at the UK.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Please correct me if I am wrong.. but he is done at S Crew no? Meaning no Salems?
    Yeah, probably no Salem's Lot.

I originally thought that PS Publishing had released their limited edition of Salem's Lot before Skeleton Crew, but I now realise that I got that the wrong way round. D'oh!!!

As I no longer collect the PS editions and haven't done so for quite some time, you'll have to forgive me for getting those books in the wrong order from time to time....

Either way, PS Publishing were far too hasty asking King to sign more books after they had just released Carrie. I think they were onto a good thing and simply kicked the arse out of it!

Country
    Country Flag

I originally thought that PS Publishing had released their limited edition of Salem's Lot before Skeleton Crew, but I now realise that I got that the wrong way round. D'oh!!!

As I no longer collect the PS editions and haven't done so for quite some time, you'll have to forgive me for getting those books in the wrong order from time to time....

Either way, PS Publishing were far too hasty asking King to sign more books after they had just released Carrie. I think they were onto a good thing and simply kicked the arse out of it!
    I wonder if King found out the price being charged? He takes issue with that as we all know... probably not.. but never know!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if King found out the price being charged? He takes issue with that as we all know... probably not.. but never know!
    I'm sure he knows the price. Perhaps that had something to do with his decision.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Perhaps we take for granted the fact that Stephen King will continue to endlessly sign books. His resale market on signed books is probably unlike any other author, totally unique in its production variation and volume. Maybe a barren period will produce a lift in the market of those books already out there, which can only be a positive for all the collectors here on The Dark Tower.
    Then again perhaps this is an enforced shortage to produce a surge after the release of the latest film and the new generation of collectors it will bring with it.
    Then again I maybe completely wrong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Then again I maybe completely wrong.
    Everything you said was/is dead on correct/incorrect.

Now that the emoticon cop has retired, I'll say this to your post:

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Preorder in for the gold version of Night Shift. Can only get one.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Preorder in for the gold version of Night Shift. Can only get one.
    Same! I liked the art a bit better on the gold version.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too!
    P2

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

For those that ordered Night Shift and requested a number, have you received a response yet?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    For those that ordered Night Shift and requested a number, have you received a response yet?
    I haven't. Sent an email when the order page went up and haven't received a response.

Maybe they are off until the new year?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 182 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast