Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Week 2 has (practically) come and gone. Anyone received their lettered Tommyknockers?
    And not a word about shipping these editions (or not) in today's newsletter.

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Week 2 has (practically) come and gone. Anyone received their lettered Tommyknockers?

sk
    Pete told me yesterday they are waiting for the artwork pieces to come from the artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

sk
    Pete told me yesterday they are waiting for the artwork pieces to come from the artist

Everything else is ready and should go next week!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

sk
    Still waiting for my Revival......

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    ...I once had a mail server issue that was keeping Pete's messages from being delivered...
    Funny how this never happens with the daily e-mail subscriptions you never get around to canceling, but something actually important is stopped cold.
    So true. Spam, spam, spam finds a way.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I can add International Banker to my resume for having to lend PS Publishing part of the money to publish its latest lettered book titled The Stand. The total cost for US bankers will approach $5K (3,600 GBP x 1.29747 x 1.035 = 4,834). The 3.5% is the currency exchange fee in case you were wondering. Is there any other lettered book written by King that commanded a price that high on issuance? But what upsets me the most is that, again, collectors are being asked to foot the initial publishing costs -- at least half. Why? I could understand a reasonable non-refundable deposit to ensure demand is tangible but why tie my funds up for at least a year with nothing to show for it? And NO guarantee that the book(s) will be delivered/available, as advertised. I know I'm wasting my time even writing this note but it wreaks of CD past practices and it bothers me the captive audience always gets it in the butt. In the end, I'll cough up the money. My only internal question will be do I pay the entire amount now betting that the GBP will get stronger over the next 12-14 months or should I just wait hoping that the GBP will fall. End of frustration rant. BTW, anyone see my lettered The Tommyknockers?

John

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The answer to such “why” questions is usually “because they can.”
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I guess I can add International Banker to my resume for having to lend PS Publishing part of the money to publish its latest lettered book...
    It's just the way of things will small presses. If you're buying from them you're both a domestic and international banker. CD, SubPress, Suntup, Dark Regions, etc. all operate with upfront funds for delivery of product with a several-month to years (looking at you, CD) lead time. Centipede Press is an anomaly. I make peace by thinking of this form of publishing as art/craft rather than commodity. I don't resent the lead time: they are small-business craftsmen who depend on upfront capital to fund creative projects. Without our "loans" these creations wouldn't come into existence. Yes, there's risk our "loans" will default. Our judgment on who to trust to deliver certainly matters. C'est la vie.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I will put this in a few places because I am not sure which is the correct place
    PS lettered Carrie H
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...EAAOSwoCFeVEf0
    People are looking at this one so it may go, even at that price.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I guess I can add International Banker to my resume for having to lend PS Publishing part of the money to publish its latest lettered book titled The Stand. The total cost for US bankers will approach $5K (3,600 GBP x 1.29747 x 1.035 = 4,834). The 3.5% is the currency exchange fee in case you were wondering. Is there any other lettered book written by King that commanded a price that high on issuance? But what upsets me the most is that, again, collectors are being asked to foot the initial publishing costs -- at least half. Why? I could understand a reasonable non-refundable deposit to ensure demand is tangible but why tie my funds up for at least a year with nothing to show for it? And NO guarantee that the book(s) will be delivered/available, as advertised. I know I'm wasting my time even writing this note but it wreaks of CD past practices and it bothers me the captive audience always gets it in the butt. In the end, I'll cough up the money. My only internal question will be do I pay the entire amount now betting that the GBP will get stronger over the next 12-14 months or should I just wait hoping that the GBP will fall. End of frustration rant. BTW, anyone see my lettered The Tommyknockers?

John
    You think that is the initial publishing cost for the lettered edition? Those lettered editions cost very little in material costs, they are almost all profit. They are simple offset printed books with cheap end papers, glossy covers and leatherette tray cases.
    That's what I have been upset about. Give me a quality lettered edition like Misery, Skeleton Crew, Salem's Lot or the Regulators then it is worth the price.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received my first PS lettered edition, Skeleton Crew (well actually its the 2nd now that I think about it, I have one of the 1/33 Colorado Kids). Was a little surprised the art is just glued on the pages. Is that typical of all the PS Lettered editions?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I just received my first PS lettered edition, Skeleton Crew (well actually its the 2nd now that I think about it, I have one of the 1/33 Colorado Kids). Was a little surprised the art is just glued on the pages. Is that typical of all the PS Lettered editions?
    Yes, it is. Do like this myself!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Pete said he is shipping about 4 a day five or take. Hoping to see pics here soon! I interested to see! Praying he ups his game for Stand to. I delicately said that to him. Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived Corona Virus free!

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

Very Nice !!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree, very, very nice!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What are the "booklets"?
    The illustrations alone?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What are the "booklets"?
    The illustrations alone?
    Yes. They contain all the "remarques", but obviously printed. One booklet per edition printed with your "Letter" on the front..

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the art more than I thought i would based on samples I had seen of this artists previous work.
    Thanks for sharing. Can you describe what we are looking at? Looks like the traycase on the left, and the book proper in the middle. What is on the right with no dust jacket? I believe the gift edition was in three volumes - is this one in two but without the DJ?
    re the two soft-covers all art? What about the two images - are they just prints or something more?

*EDIT* Im too slow, looks like you already answered.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks beautiful - I love Serra’s work. Thanks for sharing RT.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Can you describe what we are looking at? Looks like the traycase on the left, and the book proper in the middle. What is on the right with no dust jacket?
    You are correct. Traycase, book with DJ on. Another book with DJ off. (I have 2 x copies)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Alan! It looks awesome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What are the "booklets"?
    The illustrations alone?
    Yes. They contain all the "remarques", but obviously printed. One booklet per edition printed with your "Letter" on the front..
    Thanks !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

All the illustrations in the book are B&W apart from the end covers. The colour "remarque" (pathetic description), is a bit special.

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else got Tommyknockers?? Or just Alan? I’ve not gotten mine and haven’t heard of anyone else...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast