Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 182 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    LOl NOT a fail. If it was it would not be commanding prices over $5K. Think about it... Fail?? SMH
    Resale value has nothing to do with production quality, just collectability.
    Whatever you say man. Opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one.

PS: You need to give your head a shake if you think production quality has nothing to do with how collectible a book is. Everyone that collects... would disagree with such a stupid statement.
    No, we wouldn't. There are absolutely no "production values" to King's first five books, The Gunslinger, Rage, Onan, Moth, Startling Mystery etc. Those books command a premium. It's nice when a book is a quality production but that alone won't make me buy it. So yes, Jason is right.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    LOl NOT a fail. If it was it would not be commanding prices over $5K. Think about it... Fail?? SMH
    Resale value has nothing to do with production quality, just collectability.
    Whatever you say man. Opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one.

PS: You need to give your head a shake if you think production quality has nothing to do with how collectible a book is. Everyone that collects... would disagree with such a stupid statement.
    No, we wouldn't. There are absolutely no "production values" to King's first five books, The Gunslinger, Rage, Onan, Moth, Startling Mystery etc. Those books command a premium. It's nice when a book is a quality production but that alone won't make me buy it. So yes, Jason is right.
    The Gunslinger is the only book there that has a signed limited. And still has a production value. So I disagree with you to. We were speaking on lettered books no? I did Edit my post to reflect that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you two are going to have to agree to disagree.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

One of the most collectible and expensive lettereds (Firestarter) does not have what collectors usually refer to as 'production values'. Of course it is bound differently than a regular book but there's no fancy paper, no leather binding, no velvet-lined traycase, ...

Just playing the devil's advocate here, Kris. I hear what you're saying. But there are definitely several schools of thought wen it comes to the definition of collectibility. I don't collect signed/numbered or lettered editions but I heavily favor the 'classics' (Firestarter, Danse Macabre, Cujo, The Plant, ... books that are mostly inconspicuous or only stand out because of the cover).

I really hate the look of the CD limiteds and I will never buy one

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I really hate the look of the CD limiteds and I will never buy one

wow

I'll take a CD over a PS any day.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll take a lettered Danse Macabre over a lettered IT any day

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll take a lettered Danse Macabre over a lettered IT any day
    If I didn't already own a Lettered copy of IT, I would take that trade in a heartbeat!

The Lettered edition of IT is nothing short of a masterpiece in production value and design. However, the same cannot be said about Danse Macabre.

The fact that Danse Macabre is more collectable in terms of monetary value, is for me, largely irrelevant.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bigger isn't always better... just most of the time.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't get why people complain about these books from various publishers. No one forces anyone to buy one at gunpoint. I mean if you don't like carrots you wouldn't buy them at the supermarket - but you wouldn't run around telling everyone how shit carrots are at every opportunity.

Unless you're a King completist, why would you even bother if there are ten editions of every single title? Just don't buy them.

Incidentally, I also think it's quite disrespectful to Pete at PS Publishing who is good enough to post on here at times to answer questions etc. If it was me I wouldn't come near the place.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The fact that Danse Macabre is more collectable in terms of monetary value, is for me, largely irrelevant.
    For me, it is totally and completely irrelevant. Please don't think that is the reason why I would opt for Danse Macabre I simply have a different taste in books. There are many limited editions from King and other authors that I like and that are made of the most splendid of materials. I don't care about 'production values', I just want a book to look nice on the shelf and CD's books are way too glossy and overproduced for me. I seem to prefer limited editions without dust jackets (with a few notable exceptions) and without satin-lined traycases and other - to me - distracting features.

Country
    Country Flag

Back on topic?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

See now Gift editions are cool to me. I started this collecting addiction just from wanting a nice copy of my favourite King books. I wasn't after signatures/rarities.

It's you lot that have fostered/enabled that addiction

Knowing I'll never afford all s/ls I'm a Gift edition fan. Now that being said, I still want the nicest edition, and unfortunately the PS volumes don't always meet that requirement. Let's not forget IT was an anniversary edition, but that was done RIGHT.

If books like Needful Things, Four Past midnight etc get the right treatment, I'm all over Gift editions of those.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I don't get why people complain about these books from various publishers. No one forces anyone to buy one at gunpoint. I mean if you don't like carrots you wouldn't buy them at the supermarket - but you wouldn't run around telling everyone how shit carrots are at every opportunity.

Unless you're a King completist, why would you even bother if there are ten editions of every single title? Just don't buy them.

Incidentally, I also think it's quite disrespectful to Pete at PS Publishing who is good enough to post on here at times to answer questions etc. If it was me I wouldn't come near the place.
    Well said and great point, Alan.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Id say that it would be interesting for him, to hear about people talk about his books. Good or bad, feedback is always important
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Traveler Ranger is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Id say that it would be interesting for him, to hear about people talk about his books. Good or bad, feedback is always important
    When you get the same small group of people responding to every PS King release with "these books are shit and I'd never buy one" then I don't really see that it's at all interesting or useful feedback.
    This thread doesn't have to be a cheerleading zone for PS Publishing. I'm sure that Pete would welcome constructive criticism about his recent publications. There isn't much constructive about "Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal."

I agree with The Library Policeman. Some of the comments on here are incredibly disrespectful to Pete Crowther. He's always come across as an absolute gent whenever he's posted here, though I notice that he posts much less frequently than he used to. I'm not surprised.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Where, then, is the proper place for posting legitimate concerns/criticism of a publisher's output? This is an internet message board and not the official PS Publishing website. It is great that Pete checks in every so often but does that mean that every post in this thread has to be positive? This is our house not his. We, as members of TDT.org, should be free to post our opinions on virtually any topic about book collecting whether they are negative or positive.

The "Cemetery Dance discussion thread" was started back in 2007 and now runs 585 pages with over 14,000 posts. When it was started CD was very lax with some of their practices and was justifiably called out for them by many posters. As a matter of necessity (and good business acumen) Brian joined this site and openly and honestly (and tirelessly) addressed our concerns one by one. As a result the CD thread is now a great source of information and a place to get problems fixed. But it didn't start out that way. There were many seriously negative posts in the beginning.

I don't think posts need to be censored just because someone might get their feelings hurt. PS Publishing is run by adults and is a legitimate business. I'm sure they can handle a few critical posts.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Where, then, is the proper place for posting legitimate concerns/criticism of a publisher's output? This is an internet message board and not the official PS Publishing website. It is great that Pete checks in every so often but does that mean that every post in this thread has to be positive? This is our house not his. We, as members of TDT.org, should be free to post our opinions on virtually any topic about book collecting whether they are negative or positive.

The "Cemetery Dance discussion thread" was started back in 2007 and now runs 585 pages with over 14,000 posts. When it was started CD was very lax with some of their practices and was justifiably called out for them by many posters. As a matter of necessity (and good business acumen) Brian joined this site and openly and honestly (and tirelessly) addressed our concerns one by one. As a result the CD thread is now a great source of information and a place to get problems fixed. But it didn't start out that way. There were many seriously negative posts in the beginning.

I don't think posts need to be censored just because someone might get their feelings hurt. PS Publishing is run by adults and is a legitimate business. I'm sure they can handle a few critical posts.
    Bob I feel like I can picture you shaking in your seat some days because the boards are too "nice". With their damn emoticons and people caring about feelings, where are the arguments and the fun stuff.

Traveler Ranger is on a distinguished road

A perfectly reasonable comment. I've browsed this forum for a long time before finally registering to post. My memories of the CD thread were that most of the complaints revolved around the long, long time it took CD to get some of their titles out to their customers. Maybe there were posts stating "your books are a piece of shit" but I can't remember them. I think there are more respectful ways to address any concerns that people have over PS Publishing's output. Their production values certainly don't match CD or a number of other small press publishers (I would exclude the super expensive lettered King titles in this). The criticism of releasing limited edition King titles could be equally applied to many other publishers.

So far they've managed to sell out their editions of Christine, Carrie, Pet Semetary and Thinner. So someone out there likes them!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful BANG ON Post.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not always a 100% blown away by PS's quality, they kind of feel like an old children's book to me, and I wish the paper stock, especially for the interior art, was a bit better. That said there is a couple things I like, though I'm not a huge fan of the pasted on illustrated boards, I do like the fact that it provides a means of viewing the cover art without impediment of writing, and it does differentiate them from other small press publishers. I also think the quality recently has been increasing, the design of 'Salem's Lot was stroke of genius, I think, and their artist selection has been better recently (Fangorn, Edward Miller, Dave McKean). The prices for a signed King book (though not signed by King) are also relatively low, so for entry level collectors, I think, they are nice.

So, you know, tit for tat I guess.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My simple little thoughts on this: I like these and will continue to get them as they become available(especially looking forward to Night Shift).
    That's pretty much it

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure Pete can handle a few critical posts, but there is nothing constructive about posts that merely state "Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal."

If members have a legitimate issue or concern about PS Publishing, or want to tell Pete that "your books are a piece of shit", then said members should also be willing to provide some constructive feedback on how Pete can improve his books or levels of customer service.

There is nothing wrong with posting a comment like "your books are a piece of shit", if you provide reasons behind the statement and possibly offer an idea to address the problem or concern. Pete will truly value constructive feedback and criticism that offers ideas and solutions to fix problems, over any other comments or praise that is posted here. Bear in mind, it was through this level of constructive feedback and communication that the Super Deluxe Lettered edition of Carrie was born....

This is our house not his. We, as members of TDT.org, should be free to post our opinions on virtually any topic about book collecting whether they are negative or positive.
    Pete is a member of this board just like yourself and everyone else here. It's his house just as much as it's yours, and as such, he is entitled to receive the same level of respect. By all means provide meaningful and constructive criticism, but posts that offer nothing but malice are uncalled for. I have never seen comments like "Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal" or "Your books are a piece of shit" in a fellow member's collection thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    A perfectly reasonable comment. I've browsed this forum for a long time before finally registering to post. My memories of the CD thread were that most of the complaints revolved around the long, long time it took CD to get some of their titles out to their customers. Maybe there were posts stating "your books are a piece of shit" but I can't remember them. I think there are more respectful ways to address any concerns that people have over PS Publishing's output. Their production values certainly don't match CD or a number of other small press publishers (I would exclude the super expensive lettered King titles in this). The criticism of releasing limited edition King titles could be equally applied to many other publishers.

So far they've managed to sell out their editions of Christine, Carrie, Pet Semetary and Thinner. So someone out there likes them!
    A very eloquent post. Welcome to the board, my friend!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

I'm sure Pete can handle a few critical posts, but there is nothing constructive about posts that merely state "Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal."

If members have a legitimate issue or concern about PS Publishing, or want to tell Pete that "your books are a piece of shit", then said members should also be willing to provide some constructive feedback on how Pete can improve his books or levels of customer service.

There is nothing wrong with posting a comment like "your books are a piece of shit", if you provide reasons behind the statement and possibly offer an idea to address the problem or concern. Pete will truly value constructive feedback and criticism that offers ideas and solutions to fix problems, over any other comments that are posted here. Bear in mind, it was through this level of constructive feedback and communication that the Super Deluxe Lettered edition of Carrie was born....

This is our house not his. We, as members of TDT.org, should be free to post our opinions on virtually any topic about book collecting whether they are negative or positive.
    Pete is a member of this board just like yourself and everyone else here. It's his house just as much as it's yours, and as such, he is entitled to receive the same level of respect. By all means provide meaningful and constructive criticism, but posts that offer nothing but malice are uncalled for. I have never seen comments like "Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal" or "Your books are a piece of shit" in a fellow members collection thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

A very eloquent post. Welcome to the board, my friend!
    Who called his books pieces of shit? I can't find it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I think people are referring to this remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal.

Country
    Country Flag

I think people are referring to this remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Great more crappy editions of King books. Unreal.
    AHHH...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 182 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast