Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyway, there is NO WAY that for a 40 years anniversary edition of CARRIE that includes a BIG SURPRISE there wouldnt be a lettered that would not be signed.
    Not that I really care as I won't even buy a signed edition for financial reasons. I guess that I will buy a gift edition, if I can...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I think what everyone wants to know is will it actually be signed by King.
    The price will be >$1K and<$3K. IF King signs it it will be close to $3K, if not, closer to $1K. Just an uneducated opinion, your mileage may vary.
    Wow that is pretty damn expensive. I think you can snap up a copy of the S/L of A Book of Horrors for way less than that
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Anyway, there is NO WAY that for a 40 years anniversary edition of CARRIE that includes a BIG SURPRISE there wouldnt be a lettered that would not be signed.
    Not that I really care as I won't even buy a signed edition for financial reasons. I guess that I will buy a gift edition, if I can...
    A book of Horrors is priced at $1K. So if you can find one for a lot less, you are onto an amazing deal.

There are no certainties that Carrie will be signed by Stephen King, even with this being the 40th Anniversary. The only guarantee is that the lettered edition will be oversized (7x10), remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne and housed in a deluxe traycase. If Carrie remains unsigned by Stephen King, it will be a lettered Artist's Edition.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I was referring to RF's thoughts of it being closer to 3,000 dollars for a lettered Carrie. If a book of horrors is only 1,000 that is a lot less. Plus it has many other sigs

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was referring to RF's thoughts of it being closer to 3,000 dollars for a lettered Carrie. If a book of horrors is only 1,000 that is a lot less. Plus it has many other sigs
    Yes, but anthologies (Signed by King) typically go for less than his original fiction signed lettered editions.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

For 3k it better be dipped in gold

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So what is everyone thinking a value of these things will be? Do we think they will go up/down? It is a facsimile sig so where is the value going to come from? What is a good value for matching numbers Christine and Pet sematary? Just seeing what the thought is if later down the road they become a main collectible.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Unsigned reprints can only go down in value.

My Mood
    Devilish

Why are copies of Christine and Pet Sematary selling for above cover price then?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Why are copies of Christine and Pet Sematary selling for above cover price then?
    The world is full of stupid people?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

See I think it's tough. What does the value on those do if an actual signed version of Carrie is released? That's why I dislike when publishers start printing books for every anniversary under the sun. Pretty soon there will be a 50th anniversary of Christine, 80th of Carrie, etc. where does the "limitation" end?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The world is full of stupid people?
    Unsigned gift editions of almost every recent book sell for over the issue price: FAB8, It, The Shining, The Talisman from Grant, The Green Mile from SP, CP Salem's Lot, Joyland.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    ? It is a facsimile sig so where is the value going to come from? .
    Facsimile signature is really not the selling point. Even in PS and Christine it looks more like an additional page with artwork then a signature page. The "signature page" is nothing like the UK Christmas editions. I mean, the signature page doesn't even look like one, anyone can tell the signature is a part of the artwork.

Why is an extra page of stuff such a big deal?

My Mood
    Inspired

It isn't a big deal to me, I'm just wondering if there will be value to these guys down the road versus something like a s/l Cujo or skeleton crew.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It isn't a big deal to me, I'm just wondering if there will be value to these guys down the road versus something like a s/l Cujo or skeleton crew.
    The value of a S/L Cujo has dropped from $1000 to $600 (approx) in the last 10 years.
    The value of a S/L Skeleton Crew has dropped from $1000 to $600 (approx) in the last 10 years.

My Mood
    Inspired

Those were just two random examples, in general I meant, will these guys hold any sort of value, whether it be due to a matching set, or the fact carrie may be signed, etc. I know you don't believe so and I tend to lean toward that thought as well.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The value of a S/L Cujo has dropped from $1000 to $600 (approx) in the last 10 years.
    The value of a S/L Skeleton Crew has dropped from $1000 to $600 (approx) in the last 10 years.
    Go look at the spreadsheet. Download it and put in 2014 numbers. As usual, Mr RT is pretty solid.
    www.jeromesmith.net/King%20SL%20spreadsheet.xls

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just not interested in these re-runs... the artwork is nice and all... but when does it stop? You know in 10 years there will be a 50th Carrie and so and so on. I think a GE of one like the Shinning is much more desirable as it does not try to be anything more... why put a facsimile sig on the book? Just don't get it... just my opinion though...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    just not interested in these re-runs... the artwork is nice and all... but when does it stop? You know in 10 years there will be a 50th Carrie and so and so on. I think a GE of one like the Shinning is much more desirable as it does not try to be anything more... why put a facsimile sig on the book? Just don't get it... just my opinion though...
    Facsimile sigs are a truly awful idea. No signature is better than a fake one. And there is the risk this is listed for resale as a book "signed" by King - which is not an outright lie but misleading unless you know better.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as PS uses facsimile signatures, I'm not interested.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered

Country
    Country Flag

Getting mine through Camelot.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    As long as PS uses facsimile signatures, I'm not interested.

John
    I'm with ya brother... takes away from it for me...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Comrade Alex is on a distinguished road Comrade Alex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eight Matched Sets of Christine and Pet Sematary Available from Sub Press for $300.
    http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p...stine_preorder

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

what's the big surprise that they were talking about?

-justin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast