Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know when their Salems Lot is due to be published?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Does anyone know when their Salems Lot is due to be published?
    From Friday's newsletter: " 'SALEM'S LOT is well into the design process "

Sounds like it's going to be a while.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers thank you

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting on my Skeleton Crew

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has there been any word at all about Night Shift yet? That's one I would love to get, especially if we get bonus stories like Weeds and The Crate.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Still waiting on my Skeleton Crew
    Hmmm, I got mine about a week and a half ago! I would think yours would likely have been shipped in the same bag if they try to combine similar orders for geographic areas. Contact Nicky I think
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Rogues (signed limited) available at PS for $265 plus postage. Email said they have 19 copies available.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Rogues (signed limited) available at PS for $265 plus postage. Email said they have 19 copies available.
    http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/rogues...ois-3754-p.asp

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete: any idea when McCammon's Stinger will be shipped?

sk

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete

This guy on Ebay has been illegally making copies of book jackets and marketing them. In this auction, he just stole a PS copy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...AAAOSwcOFWbpt9

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Reported

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I report all of his postings like that... The good it does. Stupid Ebay... they will take your posting down in a heartbeat if you have a link back to your website that sells items but they will just leave it up and possible send you a warning if you are selling copyright infringed items.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to email Pete about it. He can get it taken down if he wants.

Just in case he doesn't check in here for a while.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

He/she does call it a facsimile in the description. I'm not sure if that makes it legal but it is worth noting.

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't make it legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You are correct.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I report all of his postings like that... The good it does. Stupid Ebay... they will take your posting down in a heartbeat if you have a link back to your website that sells items but they will just leave it up and possible send you a warning if you are selling copyright infringed items.
    You are also correct. We contacted eBay on behalf of Glen Orbik's estate about something similar and never heard back.

You notice how he removes the publisher logo from the DJs when he prints these? As if that somehow makes it legal?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    You are also correct. We contacted eBay on behalf of Glen Orbik's estate about something similar and never heard back.

You notice how he removes the publisher logo from the DJs when he prints these? As if that somehow makes it legal?

Brian
    I made Mindy aware (a few weeks ago) of the facsimile IT jacket he stole from you guys. It's wrong he keeps selling these. I also made DoubleDay aware of the STAND limited jacket he copied.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete or anyone who knows. What book are you going to publish after 'Salem Lot? I can't remember if you have talked about what is next or not. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already sometimes I just forget.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

You are correct.
    Interesting. How can this person sell facsimiles then?

http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/about.php

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Maybe they just haven't been caught and/or reported yet?
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

You are correct.

Yeah, I've always wondered about that guy. I assume no one has felt like suing him... yet?

I'm no legal expert, but my take is that if he was simply reproducing the DJs on a website for "historical purposes," he could claim fair use.

But I think printing and selling them is a totally different matter. He probably gets away with it because he's too low volume to be worth going after, just like the eBay guy linked above?

For legal purposes, I believe it would be the same as someone photocopying 20 copies of the entire text of CARRIE and then selling them, which is a definite no-no.

I've thought about emailing the Facsimile DJ guy and asking if he's ever been contacted by any of the publishers, artists, etc. Perhaps this is the day to do that! I'm sure he's had a lawyer look over his business for him considering how long he's been doing it.

Brian

I asked and here is his reply:

Hi Brian,
    I’ve been doing this now for over 15 years and have been in contact with many publishers, artists and writers and their estates who own the copyrights. What I do is unique and in most cases I’ve been praised about my archival project. General consensus is as long as I’m not reproducing the book itself most people don’t care about the jackets, it’s very unlikely a publisher would reuse the jacket art. I have though had a couple of publishers contact me to get scans of certain jackets to do an anniversary edition of that book and they no longer have the artwork or film.

If I was reprinting the books there would be a whole different appreciation over what I do, or lack of appreciation. Most people don’t care about the jackets but I have been asked to remove a few jackets from two different estates but mostly I’ve been left alone. Also helps that I don’t do any jackets post 1975. So it’s really hard to compare what I do to anything else.

Regards,
    Mark Terry
    Facsimile Dust Jackets L.L.C.
    www.facsimiledustjackets.com

Country
    Country Flag

So he is flying under the radar.

When asked to take something down he does. He's infringing but at such a level that most haven't bothered with him.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose only Alex Gotfryd and Dave Cristensen or their heirs have a beef with www.facsimiledustjackets.com regarding Stephen King books. Unless they artist(s) gave/sold/lost the rights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 182 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast