+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167
Results 4,151 to 4,158 of 4158

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Weedeater frik is a glorious beacon of light frik is a glorious beacon of light frik is a glorious beacon of light frik is a glorious beacon of light frik is a glorious beacon of light frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Week 2 has (practically) come and gone. Anyone received their lettered Tommyknockers?
    And not a word about shipping these editions (or not) in today's newsletter.

sk

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Week 2 has (practically) come and gone. Anyone received their lettered Tommyknockers?

sk
    Pete told me yesterday they are waiting for the artwork pieces to come from the artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

sk
    Pete told me yesterday they are waiting for the artwork pieces to come from the artist

Everything else is ready and should go next week!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

sk
    Still waiting for my Revival......

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    ...I once had a mail server issue that was keeping Pete's messages from being delivered...
    Funny how this never happens with the daily e-mail subscriptions you never get around to canceling, but something actually important is stopped cold.
    So true. Spam, spam, spam finds a way.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny007 is just really nice Johnny007 is just really nice Johnny007 is just really nice Johnny007 is just really nice

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I can add International Banker to my resume for having to lend PS Publishing part of the money to publish its latest lettered book titled The Stand. The total cost for US bankers will approach $5K (3,600 GBP x 1.29747 x 1.035 = 4,834). The 3.5% is the currency exchange fee in case you were wondering. Is there any other lettered book written by King that commanded a price that high on issuance? But what upsets me the most is that, again, collectors are being asked to foot the initial publishing costs -- at least half. Why? I could understand a reasonable non-refundable deposit to ensure demand is tangible but why tie my funds up for at least a year with nothing to show for it? And NO guarantee that the book(s) will be delivered/available, as advertised. I know I'm wasting my time even writing this note but it wreaks of CD past practices and it bothers me the captive audience always gets it in the butt. In the end, I'll cough up the money. My only internal question will be do I pay the entire amount now betting that the GBP will get stronger over the next 12-14 months or should I just wait hoping that the GBP will fall. End of frustration rant. BTW, anyone see my lettered The Tommyknockers?

John

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The answer to such “why” questions is usually “because they can.”
    Grasping for memories, searching for landmarks in fields once familiar

He can’t recognise now, the hedgerows are gone, the blackbirds have flown, silencing song

This wasteland belongs to a murder of crows

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I guess I can add International Banker to my resume for having to lend PS Publishing part of the money to publish its latest lettered book...
    It's just the way of things will small presses. If you're buying from them you're both a domestic and international banker. CD, SubPress, Suntup, Dark Regions, etc. all operate with upfront funds for delivery of product with a several-month to years (looking at you, CD) lead time. Centipede Press is an anomaly. I make peace by thinking of this form of publishing as art/craft rather than commodity. I don't resent the lead time: they are small-business craftsmen who depend on upfront capital to fund creative projects. Without our "loans" these creations wouldn't come into existence. Yes, there's risk our "loans" will default. Our judgment on who to trust to deliver certainly matters. C'est la vie.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167