Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool thing but I think I'll pass.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

11 of them appear to have been sold already!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they will all sell.
    Good for PS. We want them to do well.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wow.... £325 each. It will be interesting to see what "living in a box safe from harm and protected from sunlight" (mint) does to a collectible book worth around $100 Fine.

(And, of course, we can't direct all of the shock of the price to Pete / PS Publishing - it all depends on how much he paid for these from Gerald [or whoever] in the first place)...
    Something tells me $200... but I might be wrong... I cannot remember 100%. Someone on here will as it was talked about.
    OK. Just went hunting and saw the Facebook post on "Gerald Winters and Son" Facebook page. Thirteenth January the "Sold" post is announced for these Thinners. In the comments of this post, on the 14th January, Gerald actually responds to a question you ask Kris: "They were $425 each".

At today's exchange rate, $425 = £340. So, there must have been a bulk-discount applied, a wildly different exchange rate at the time of purchase, or PS are running at a loss (of course not)...

Here's Gerald Winters & Son Facebook Link. Go to Jan 13...
    https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBooks/?fref=ts
    Cool! Thanks for the search brother. I would imagine a deal was made where Pete took them all. Just not sure why they need a letter?
    Says the same thing here.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Sounds like a hand-off to Dragon Rebound would be a good thing...
    These might be too good for one of those projects, since they would be stripped down to the page block anyway. Might as well pay less for copies that have issues with areas except the page block. Though obviously defer to Paul on all things Dragon Rebound
    They are way too good and way too expensive. It would be a "sin" to tear them apart.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I was fortunate enough to purchase two of these books prior to them being shipped to the UK. I have purchased copies before from different sources listed as fine, mint and new. However none have been anything like these.
    They are superb in their original form, when Peter has finished with his plans they will be one not to miss.
    You will not be disappointed!
    Kindest regards
    Alec.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I was fortunate enough to purchase two of these books prior to them being shipped to the UK. I have purchased copies before from different sources listed as fine, mint and new. However none have been anything like these.
    They are superb in their original form, when Peter has finished with his plans they will be one not to miss.
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    Are there other plans than the book in a slipcase? The book in a slipcase is what he's offering isn't it?

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I believe what you see on PS Publishings website are the plans. To be honest I have not looked into it that deeply. The only thing I have done is order one.
    Alec.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Kindest regards
    Alec.
    There are mint copies of this book available at much cheaper prices. So I don't get exactly how there is any difference except paying four times the market price for a slipcase and meaningless letter. Again, I don't blame PS for getting the most they can get for these books. I simply don't understand why anyone would pay that much.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    11 of them appear to have been sold already!
    I am regularly (and happily) amazed at the appetite for Stephen King collectibles...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

"OLD FOOLS PRICE....
    Spoiler:
    $12.95

"OLD FOOLS PRICE...

But on SEPT 3,1985 the value changed....
    Spoiler:

MORAL...
    Spoiler:
    "THERE IS NO FOOL LIKE AN OLD FOOL!"

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Sounds like a hand-off to Dragon Rebound would be a good thing...
    These might be too good for one of those projects, since they would be stripped down to the page block anyway. Might as well pay less for copies that have issues with areas except the page block. Though obviously defer to Paul on all things Dragon Rebound
    They are way too good and way too expensive. It would be a "sin" to tear them apart.
    Yes I agree. These wouldn't be a good candidate because they are in pristine condition.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

"OLD FOOLS PRICE....
    Spoiler:
    $12.95

"OLD FOOLS PRICE...

But on SEPT 3,1985 the value changed....
    Spoiler:

MORAL...
    Spoiler:
    "THERE IS NO FOOL LIKE AN OLD FOOL!"
    I seem to remember that you have a lot of items signed by King for Bruce.
    Did you get them all signed personally for you?
    Any interesting backstory?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a great inscription.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete: will you be getting CD's Sleeping Beauties?
    I would think so, but nothing yet so far.

sk

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last few PS newsletters have referred to the 'super deluxe' editions of NIGHT SHIFT and SALEMS LOT - pretty sure one even mentioned the signing sheets.
    I was under the impression the SKELETON CREW was the last PS anniversary edition to be signed. Did a quick review of earlier posts in this thread and saw speculation, but didn't notice any updates. Has it been confirmed one way or another what King's signing status is on these editions?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As far as I understand, the deluxe 'Salem's Lot and Night Shift will be comparable to the previous PS deluxe/lettered King editions (Carrie, Thinner and Skeleton Crew) and both will be signed by King.
    I realize there were rumors King wouldn't be doing too many more s/l editions, but we now have Gwendy's Button Box, Sleeping Beauties plus these upcoming PS lettereds.
    Guess there are always exceptions...

sk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Definitely speculation, Pete is the only one that knows for sure. But Pete told a few of us on the phone that King would not be signing deluxe editions for PS on future books! I hope this changed. Pete???

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They will be the same super deluxe editions, but just without King's signature. In effect, they will become a super deluxe Artist edition.

I would think that they will be priced around the same ballpark as the Lettered editions for CD's Doubleday Years set.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Pete: will you be getting CD's Sleeping Beauties?
    I would think so, but nothing yet so far.

sk
    I hope so... really looking forward to this one!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Night Shift has arrived at PS Towers so hopefully shipping soon! I HATE not getting shipping notices from them!

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I HATE not getting shipping notices from them!
    I agree.
    P2

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    I agree.

x3

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    I agree.

x3
    X4

sk

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My Night Shift arrived today. I like it a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast