Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    I hope they will do an anniversary edition of The Green Mile one day. Or Different Seasons. Fantastic books!
    The Green Mile has already received a wonderful treatment: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Mile+The+-+S+L
    Now, a Different Seasons S/L - that would be huge.

Along the Path of the Beam Pieter will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I hope they will do an anniversary edition of The Green Mile one day. Or Different Seasons. Fantastic books!
    The Green Mile has already received a wonderful treatment: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Mile+The+-+S+L
    Now, a Different Seasons S/L - that would be huge.
    Wonderful? Their The Shining is one the best looking gift editions ever, but this The Green Mile edition is not looking so great ..

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

but this The Green Mile edition is not looking so great ..
    This 10th Anniversary Green Mile is one of the best editions ever produced...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    but this The Green Mile edition is not looking so great ..
    This 10th Anniversary Green Mile is one of the best editions ever produced...

I totally concur...Green Mile Lettered is one of the best King limiteds (for me #2 after Regulators but a CLOSE 2nd)...Copies are mad scarce. I own a copy but I think these would sell north of $4000 if they come to market.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Along the Path of the Beam Pieter will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Just because it has much value, it doesn't mean that it looks good ..

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think anyone said that. It's just a really nice set that happens to be valuable because of that. But to each their own.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It's an amazing production. Wish I had one. Or a limited. My gift edition is pretty nice too.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it looks great, and regret not buying one at issue when I had the chance.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both Needful Things and Different Seasons are two of my all time favorites. I was also hoping for a high quality production of these two. But, I'll still get because I have the rest. I believe Night Shift is in the works now from them.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I'd be keen to know the process on how a publisher chooses which book to give the special treatment to, the process, rights, etc. I mean, Tommyknockers? Of all the ones you could do... Tommyknockers?!
    Could be worse… It could've been DREAMCATCHER.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I quite like TommyKnockers. The crazy gadgets run by batteries appealed to me although the ending was a little weak.

Now the movie, THAT was a pile of $hite.
    I really liked TommyKnockers (and I liked Dreamcatcher too)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I quite like TommyKnockers. The crazy gadgets run by batteries appealed to me although the ending was a little weak.

Same. Don't understand the hate.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Me neither. IMO, none of King's books are bad. There are a couple that I reread only once instead of multiple times so I guess these qualify as his 'lesser' work for me, but that's it.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Those two movies didn't annoy me nearly as much as The Langoliers.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I love Tommyknockers, one my favorites. Killer soda machines, force fields, using humans as batteries, fun stuff! Much better than ants will be our masters and aliens poisoning the water supply. But to each is own. I definitely think Steve is way too harsh on it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'm in the camp where I liked both those books too. And I really liked Dreamcatcher a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Full disclosure, I do own the PS lettered books with the King signature. I own them only because they are already signed by King. So I'm probably in the minority with this opinion but, frankly, I'm not a big fan of ANY SK anniversary limited edition or reproduction of a previous limited that costs a ton but offers little more than additional artwork. I also think that any SK limited edition without a SK signature is nothing more than a money grab by the presses. Market them as Gift Editions and price them the same way. I think I've expressed the same sentiment on another thread but for some reason I feel the need to say it again. My two cents...

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Full disclosure, I do own the PS lettered books with the King signature. I own them only because they are already signed by King. So I'm probably in the minority with this opinion but, frankly, I'm not a big fan of ANY SK anniversary limited edition or reproduction of a previous limited that costs a ton but offers little more than additional artwork. I also think that any SK limited edition without a SK signature is nothing more than a money grab by the presses. Market them as Gift Editions and price them the same way. I think I've expressed the same sentiment on another thread but for some reason I feel the need to say it again. My two cents...
    Stop making sense!
    I will say though with them being limited print runs, getting artists involved, they are cool or neat to look at and collect. I know exactly what you are saying but I have fallen into the category of collecting the limited print run "new" editions. I do like them, but you are right.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is beautiful. All the editions done of this book. Your the first person I ever heard say that. Do you own one of the editions? I wonder....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I will NEVER buy / waste my money on another Gift edition again. If I had not prepaid for the CD set... i would not be collecting them either. I totally agree with you.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Me neither. IMO, none of King's books are bad. There are a couple that I reread only once instead of multiple times so I guess these qualify as his 'lesser' work for me, but that's it.
    The Gunslinger was a damn slog. I ended up having to listen to it on audio to get through it.

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It is beautiful. All the editions done of this book. Your the first person I ever heard say that. Do you own one of the editions? I wonder....
    I've said on this forum before that I was unimpressed with the lettered edition of The Green Mile. I sold my copy to a fellow board member. I thought the numbered edition was much better. Lettered editions not bound in leather = FAIL.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    I've said on this forum before that I was unimpressed with the lettered edition of The Green Mile. I sold my copy to a fellow board member. I thought the numbered edition was much better. Lettered editions not bound in leather = FAIL.
    LOl NOT a fail. If it was it would not be commanding prices over $5K. Think about it... Fail?? SMH
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

LOl NOT a fail. If it was it would not be commanding prices over $5K. Think about it... Fail?? SMH
    Resale value has nothing to do with production quality, just collectability.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    Resale value has nothing to do with production quality, just collectability.
    Whatever you say man. Opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one.

PS: You need to give your head a shake if you think production quality has nothing to do with how collectible a book is. Everyone that collects... would disagree with such a stupid statement.
    EDIT: I should clarify... we are talking Lettereds.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 ... LastLast