Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 182 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Night Shift!! I'm going to have to get the PS and CD versions of this one.
    Can't wait for Something Wicked either.......pre ordered!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was quite an exciting announcement! I have Something Wicked pre-ordered and am so excited to have it in my hands. I'm also going to be nervous about missing out on The Fireman until I (hopefully) have it pre-ordered Obviously also very much looking forward to Night Shift and Salem's Lot
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Obviously also very much looking forward to Night Shift and Salem's Lot
    Me as well. I was super impressed with Skeleton Crew. The best quality work in the series so far IMO. The Fireman should be good stuff also.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Obviously also very much looking forward to Night Shift and Salem's Lot
    Me as well. I was super impressed with Skeleton Crew. The best quality work in the series so far IMO. The Fireman should be good stuff also.
    Would you mind expanding on that? I bought Christine and Pet Sematary and was underwhelmed by the quality and presentation, but it seems as if people like the more recent productions.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again, just my opinion only but I felt the first 4 books in the series just kinda had a half ass effort thrown at 'em. I didn't feel the quality of the books nor the slipcases was that great. But I've been spoiled by some outstanding small presses (CD, Sub, etc) and that's what I was expecting when I purchased these books. I was so disappointed in matter of fact that I thought about selling the whole lot and being done with it. The main reason I didn't is because I have the same number throughout and I figured I'd give it one more shot. I'm glad that I did! Skeleton Crew is just a much better quality book overall and the slipcase (of much better quality also) doesn't feel like some pieces of cheap cardboard thrown together like the others. I strongly dislike the art on the Skeleton Crew slipcase though. It doesn't match either DJ variant at all and sticks out like a sore thumb up against the rest of the collection. Only speculating here but they matched The Thinner variant DJ with a variant slipcase so why not do that with SC? Kinda seems lazy to me as now you just have one slipcase for both DJ variants. I think it would have been neat to maybe put the variant DJ art on each side of the slipcase. Some folks (read up thread) are even turned off by the whole DJ variant thing altogether. Can't say I disagree with them because if they do that with 'Salem's Lot, you'll be buying a lot of extra books unless they just offer the variant DJs for sale separately which was also suggested up thread. Hope that helps you out. Probably more of a rant than anything though . In Pete's defense, I never contacted him directly about my displeasure but honestly what's the point. They aren't going to go back and redo the earlier books. I have super high expectations for 'Salem's Lot though. It won't hold a candle next to CDs of course but still expecting the same level or better of that of SC.

On another note: If you're going to get 20th Century Ghosts 1oth Anniversary Edition by Joe Hill from them, go with the S/L at least. The slipcases for the trade editions are shit. Again, a cheap afterthought. The books are of good quality though.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

the quality on the s/l 20th century is questionable at best. The book isn't worth the 125 pounds. Do yourself a favor and don't spend the money.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, just my opinion only but I felt the first 4 books in the series just kinda had a half ass effort thrown at 'em. I didn't feel the quality of the books nor the slipcases was that great. But I've been spoiled by some outstanding small presses (CD, Sub, etc) and that's what I was expecting when I purchased these books. I was so disappointed in matter of fact that I thought about selling the whole lot and being done with it. The main reason I didn't is because I have the same number throughout and I figured I'd give it one more shot. I'm glad that I did! Skeleton Crew is just a much better quality book overall and the slipcase (of much better quality also) doesn't feel like some pieces of cheap cardboard thrown together like the others. I strongly dislike the art on the Skeleton Crew slipcase though. It doesn't match either DJ variant at all and sticks out like a sore thumb up against the rest of the collection. Only speculating here but they matched The Thinner variant DJ with a variant slipcase so why not do that with SC? Kinda seems lazy to me as now you just have one slipcase for both DJ variants. I think it would have been neat to maybe put the variant DJ art on each side of the slipcase. Some folks (read up thread) are even turned off by the whole DJ variant thing altogether. Can't say I disagree with them because if they do that with 'Salem's Lot, you'll be buying a lot of extra books unless they just offer the variant DJs for sale separately which was also suggested up thread. Hope that helps you out. Probably more of a rant than anything though . In Pete's defense, I never contacted him directly about my displeasure but honestly what's the point. They aren't going to go back and redo the earlier books. I have super high expectations for 'Salem's Lot though. It won't hold a candle next to CDs of course but still expecting the same level or better of that of SC.

On another note: If you're going to get 20th Century Ghosts 1oth Anniversary Edition by Joe Hill from them, go with the S/L at least. The slipcases for the trade editions are shit. Again, a cheap afterthought. The books are of good quality though.
    I agree, I love the Skeleton Crew presentation but wish the slipcase had matched the DJ or, as you suggested, they had put the variant covers on it. Still overall, it is a beautiful book. How do you go about getting the same number? If I wanted to match SK to Night Shift when it comes out how does one do that? I guess it doesn't matter as my others don't match but I'm curious.
    The Deluxe 20th Century Ghosts is also a great presentation!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think just contact the publisher and request a number, then the fun starts trying to match it with your Christine and then deciding that you must have the other books too!��It's usually easier when to organise before the first book comes out, but I would imagine there's enough of them that. You can choose your number from here on in....unless of course it's already taken....get on it as soon as you can to arrange something, and Good luck!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I think just contact the publisher and request a number, then the fun starts trying to match it with your Christine and then deciding that you must have the other books too!��It's usually easier when to organise before the first book comes out, but I would imagine there's enough of them that. You can choose your number from here on in....unless of course it's already taken....get on it as soon as you can to arrange something, and Good luck!
    Thank you! And nice to see ya lurking about

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the Skeleton Crew slipcase? Seriously, that's my favorite part of the book.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Am I the only one who absolutely loves the Skeleton Crew slipcase? Seriously, that's my favorite part of the book.
    I suppose it's all down to personal tastes, but I agree will you Becca, I really like the slipcase and it's my favourite part of the book as well.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol Becca, no you're not. I don't hate the slipcase, I mean the skeletons are appropriate I think I may be the only one who liked the Monkey DJ and would have liked to have seen that on the slipcase when they switched the DJ to The Raft. Which I ended up with before I knew there was an option to get the other one. But like jonp said, it's all a matter of personal taste and a lot of people didn't like that DJ hence the switch. Overall I love this edition.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    How do you go about getting the same number? If I wanted to match SK to Night Shift when it comes out how does one do that? I guess it doesn't matter as my others don't match but I'm curious.
    Ben is correct in that you contact the publisher. Just reply to your email sales confirmation and let them know that you are wanting to match a number or even requesting a number.

Most publishers will try to do it although there is no guarantee.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I suppose it's all down to personal tastes, but I agree will you Becca, I really like the slipcase and it's my favourite part of the book as well.
    Actually I'm in the minority here I think as I always get the same reaction when I say I don't care for it

I think I may be the only one who liked the Monkey DJ and would have liked to have seen that on the slipcase when they switched the DJ to The Raft.
    I also prefer the Monkey DJ over The Raft.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    How do you go about getting the same number? If I wanted to match SK to Night Shift when it comes out how does one do that? I guess it doesn't matter as my others don't match but I'm curious.
    Ben is correct in that you contact the publisher. Just reply to your email sales confirmation and let them know that you are wanting to match a number or even requesting a number.

Most publishers will try to do it although there is no guarantee.
    I purchased a matching numbered set from a dealer with the rights to that number moving forward. It's less of a gamble IMO that you'll end up with non-matching numbers.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Other than the lettering on the slipcase for Pet Sematary, what's wrong with Geyer's art? I think he did a great job, especially with colour pieces.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Other than the lettering on the slipcase for Pet Sematary, what's wrong with Geyer's art? I think he did a great job, especially with colour pieces.
    Geyer didn't do any colour pieces for Pet Sematary.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

C
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Geyer didn't do any colour pieces for Pet Sematary.
    That was David Gentry.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's right, I stand corrected. That out of the way, my question remains.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's right, I stand corrected. That out of the way, my question remains.
    IMO there is nothing wrong with Geyer's artwork. I really liked it. Just as good as his Green Mile artwork.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    IMO there is nothing wrong with Geyer's artwork. I really liked it. Just as good as his Green Mile artwork.
    Agree

Country
    Country Flag

I like the S/L as well. Member on the CD forum posted some photos of his copy and I was really impressed. Really like the slipcase on that one. I got the trades at half off through that secret little thing know as the CDCC Like I said; like the books, slipcases sucked.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I like the S/L as well. Member on the CD forum posted some photos of his copy and I was really impressed. Really like the slipcase on that one. I got the trades at half off through that secret little thing know as the CDCC Like I said; like the books, slipcases sucked.
    I am not a big fan of the PS Publishing production standards. It is a personal opinion and understand that it is just an opinion. With that said I am a fan of the small press industry and a fan of Joe Hills writing. As PS continues to support authors I care about I will continue to support them. With that said I also look at perceived value in my purchases. The elements that lower my perceived value in PS books are their small size, glossy endboards, overly bleached and thin paper. For example I passed on all editions of the Stephen King Anniversary editions prior to Skeleton Crew. I also ordered the 20th Century Ghost Anniversary Limited. I will say that when my copy of Skeleton Crew arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Although it remains true that the way the books are made are not my style. I think they upped their game on these and was looking forward to my copy of 20th Century Ghosts. I now have my copy of 20th Century Ghosts and was again pleasantly surprised that PS had upped their game. While many of the production elements remain not to my liking the overall quality of the book is high. The fact that the DVD and the extra photo's was included and even fit in the slipcase was impressive to me. Kudo's to the PS team and I look forward to what they have in store for The Fireman.

Country
    Country Flag

Well howdy there, Martin . I completely agree. I feel they have raised their own bar with those two latest editions. But with that comes greater expectations. Let's hope they can deliver.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

No, I love it too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 182 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast